Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you agree with my conclusions?

definitely! ^.^ 0.59210526315789 59.2% [ 45 ]
only a couple of them =/ 0.25 25.0% [ 19 ]
no, gaia is so unfair to us! D: 0.092105263157895 9.2% [ 7 ]
i have a different opinion i would like to share below >.< 0.065789473684211 6.6% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
initially when i found out about this event, halfway through the event happening, i was annoyed and insulted taht it was so poorly advertised and lasted such a short amount of time.

i have had a couple days to think about it and i haave changed my opinion on the matter. these are the conclusions i came to:

1. a poorly advertised event is better than no event at all

2. because the event wasnt a random generated event and required admins to be online, its unfair to expect them to be active in the event at rediculous hours

3. this could be a step towards gaia holding true to their pledge to focus more on the community and more events like this one could be on their way

4. if #3 is true, then wouldnt it be fair if they had a bunch of events that not everyone can do but different groups of people may have a chance at, then everyone would get a shot at some events but not everyone at all of them. it would renew peoples interests in many different parts of gaia as well as promote community interaction with each other and the employees of gaiaonline

5. admittedly, they could have released the staff notice of the event at the same moment taht they launched the event, but overall, this isnt the worst thing gaia has ever done and it should be taken as a sign of good faith from gaia that they do in fact care about us beyond how deep they can reach into our pockets

what do you think, am i right or am i totally off point?

Heroic Fairy

User Image

You, good person, are completely- 100% - correct.

Devoted Miko

I didn't realise that the dragons themselves were actually the admins... I sort of thought they were on a random posting program or something...

Alright, I agree with you on all counts. Especially the advertising one.

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
purplemonkeys227
I didn't realise that the dragons themselves were actually the admins... I sort of thought they were on a random posting program or something...

Alright, I agree with you on all counts. Especially the advertising one.

that same misunderstanding contributed to my original negative opinion of the event as well, but after the "rage mode" part it became more clear to me that it wasnt a random event much like other forum based events are. so after i thought about it it didnt make sense to me to expect them to be on 24 hrs straight. >.<

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Alanis Strife
User Image

You, good person, are completely- 100% - correct.

haha, why thank you ^.^

Playful Explorer

mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

2. because the event wasnt a random generated event and required admins to be online, its unfair to expect them to be active in the event at rediculous hours

I agree strongly with #2. People need to sleep, spend quality time with their families, use the restroom, and obviously eat/exercise and etc.
They have done their part by actually holding an event for us/sending out the staff(dev) notices, and sitting at their computers hosting the event. It was our job to go read and find out about this event and participate in it.
For those who missed it, they shouldn't be whining about how there was so little time and everything. Well, to tell them the truth, it's too bad. There are thousands of users one this site, and if after each event people (lets say 200) complained about not being able to participate, (let's say) gaia prolongs the event. Then after they officially end the event, (100 people) didn't get the participate after the second time. THEN HOW LONG SHOULD GAIA PROLONG AN EVENT? Should they end it when everyone (to the very last person) on this site gets their chance to participate? (would this even be possible? what if it just so happens that 50 people come out of hiatus and adds onto the left over 100 people?)
TL;DR
Basically, mods and gaia staffs have a life of their own. As for those who didn't get to participate, it is a sad thing. Well, don't cry over spilled milk and move one. Lesson is: you "snooze" you "loose,"
it's as simple as that.

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
MiniNitemares
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

I agree strongly with #2. People need to sleep, spend quality time with their families, use the restroom, and obviously eat/exercise and etc.
They have done their part by actually holding an event for us/sending out the staff(dev) notices, and sitting at their computers hosting the event. It was our job to go read and find out about this event and participate in it.
For those who missed it, they shouldn't be whining about how there was so little time and everything. Well, to tell them the truth, it's too bad. There are thousands of users one this site, and if after each event people (lets say 200) complained about not being able to participate, (let's say) gaia prolongs the event. Then after they officially end the event, (100 people) didn't get the participate after the second time. THEN HOW LONG SHOULD GAIA PROLONG AN EVENT? Should they end it when everyone (to the very last person) on this site gets their chance to participate? (would this even be possible? what if it just so happens that 50 people come out of hiatus and adds onto the left over 100 people?)
TL;DR
Basically, mods and gaia staffs have a life of their own. As for those who didn't get to participate, it is a sad thing. Well, don't cry over spilled milk and move one. Lesson is: you "snooze" you "loose,"
it's as simple as that.

I definitely agree. I mean, I can see where some people might be disappointed that they didn't get to participate but you cant please everyone. its just something everyone is going to have to accept. I know it can be hard to feel left out but at least gaia is making an effort :3

Playful Explorer

mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

I definitely agree. I mean, I can see where some people might be disappointed that they didn't get to participate but you cant please everyone. its just something everyone is going to have to accept. I know it can be hard to feel left out but at least gaia is making an effort :3

Exactly. Gaia actually tries to listen to the gaians (they had a poll about which animals we loved best. dragons won the polling), unlike some other sites who do as they see fit, not the users.
Also, to add on, Gaia gave out multiple horns (idk if by mistake or on purpose) but their good still shows. Either way, they could have given the extra horns for other people to give out/sell for cheap in mp (supply = alot = cheaper), or it could have just been a glitch (not intentional to give out multiples), but they didn't take or remove the horns from the people they gave it to.
ALSO TO THOSE PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T PARTICIPATE, THE HORNS ARE GOING FOR CHEAP IN THE MARKET.

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
MiniNitemares
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

Exactly. Gaia actually tries to listen to the gaians (they had a poll about which animals we loved best. dragons won the polling), unlike some other sites who do as they see fit, not the users.
Also, to add on, Gaia gave out multiple horns (idk if by mistake or on purpose) but their good still shows. Either way, they could have given the extra horns for other people to give out/sell for cheap in mp (supply = alot = cheaper), or it could have just been a glitch (not intentional to give out multiples), but they didn't take or remove the horns from the people they gave it to.
ALSO TO THOSE PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T PARTICIPATE, THE HORNS ARE GOING FOR CHEAP IN THE MARKET.

im withholding my opinions on the multiples until we hear from the devs about it but i do agree tath with the rage mode ending of the event, it allowed for the massive inflation of items on the mp to end and for that i think every gaian that didnt get a chance to win one should be greatful

Playful Explorer

mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
MiniNitemares
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

im withholding my opinions on the multiples until we hear from the devs about it but i do agree tath with the rage mode ending of the event, it allowed for the massive inflation of items on the mp to end and for that i think every gaian that didnt get a chance to win one should be greatful

I highly doubt they would take them/ remove them, too many are sold, there is absolutely no way to get trace them all back.

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
MiniNitemares
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
MiniNitemares
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

I highly doubt they would take them/ remove them, too many are sold, there is absolutely no way to get trace them all back.

thats a good point. if they were going to revoke them they probably would have tried to do it sooner, or at least put out a warning saying they were going to. im holding on to mine until a notice though, just to be safe :3
I only started caring when I realized how much cool stuff was being given out. surprised

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
MiniNitemares
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

I think if they didn't want to give out the multiples, or noticed it and wanted to take them back they would've already. I told reapersun as it was happening that it was happening, didn't get a response.
Whether the 'glitch' was planned or not, it turned out to be a good thing for all the users that didn't get to participate... Though I imagine Ethelos is probably going to stay relatively high since everyone who posted in his and ebonscald's final threads only got one each, instead of the 2-5 from the other final threads.

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
BerserkLeon
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
MiniNitemares
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

I think if they didn't want to give out the multiples, or noticed it and wanted to take them back they would've already. I told reapersun as it was happening that it was happening, didn't get a response.
Whether the 'glitch' was planned or not, it turned out to be a good thing for all the users that didn't get to participate... Though I imagine Ethelos is probably going to stay relatively high since everyone who posted in his and ebonscald's final threads only got one each, instead of the 2-5 from the other final threads.

i still havent gotten my ethelos D: this one is from a mule. only one out of 5 of my accounts got their ethelos

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Kaniskion
I only started caring when I realized how much cool stuff was being given out. surprised

of course you did >.>

and did you get all the cool stuff you wanted?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff