• Person of Interest 200
Definitely Donna :/

Dapper Gaian

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
BornFromTheOcean

But, I want to bring up one that I believe is pretty important that wasn't stated. I think that River Song in "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead."

Agree on all points there. The scene at Bad Wolf Bay killed me but that was because it was the Doctor who was leaving, not really Rose. Donna was my favorite companion and I hate that she doesn't remember any of it.

River's goodbye is interesting- tragic, yes, and definitely one of the heart-wrenching ones. But her ending was for us also her introduction. We got to see more of her as the series went on. That's perhaps why it doesn't quite feel like an end.

Another one that hit me- probably the most if I'm to be honest- was K-9. Yes, he's a robot. No, he's not human. But the little guy sacrificed himself to save them and that brought tears to my eyes.
Clare_N
Since the topic on painful season finales only covers the new series, I thought I'd make this topic for people to discuss those moments where a companion (any companion from any point in the show's history) leaves. In particular, which departure would you say was the most heart-wrenching?

I think I'd have to say Adric's death ranks pretty high on the list, though certain members of the fandom might disagree. At least when Rose got stuck in the parallel universe, or Donna got her memory wiped, or Amy and Rory got zapped back in time, we have the consolation of being able to imagine them living out the rest of their lives. Adric was never given that chance, so we'll never know how he would have turned out in the long term. Though I like to think he would have long since grown out the sort of behaviour which turned so many fans against him . . .

I haven't seen the 7th season, or any of the classic. I would say at first, Rose's first departure was the worst. It was heart breaking, he would never tell her that he loved her.. But then she went back, got 10.2 and was able to sort of live happily ever after. Martha chose to leave, heart breaking but the best thing for her! She was such a trooper. Now Donna.. Oh wonderful Donna the most important woman in the world. To have gone on mad adventures and seen wonderful things, and be torn from the man she had begun to love, and not remember a thing. Now that is heart breaking. Now I have heard that 11 visits her death bed and returns her memories, though I haven't seen it for myself. I think it's wonderful, but that still seems the most heart wrenching for me. At my point in the show, Amy and Rory have just been given a home to the Doctor, and he and River Song just married. I have to say, River's death was extremely touching as well, though not as heart-wrenching at the time because we didn't yet understand what she meant to the Doctor.
That was longer than I meant but oh well!
I think out of everything, even the classics. Amelia Pond. He had lost everyone and everything after all that build up from coming back and she was there. She treated him like a normal person, and was with him for such a long time. Held him through the bad and the good times. (If you hate Amelia Pond, or hate any companion for a specific reason. You watch the show wrong, and you should stop watching. Every companion has their pros and cons, much like a real person. My favorite companion is Jo btw.) It was just so quick and sudden and so painful because it was a bad way to go, AND she said goodbye. All that confrontation.

Vegan

16,675 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Team Devin 200
BorrowedBlueBox
Fatniss Evercream

Donna's departure was the most heart-wrenching for me. She was my all time favorite companion. She finally became what she was destined to be, she was the most important woman in the universe, and she became Doctor Donna. I was so freakin' happy and thought it was so cool. But then that all had to be taken away, along with her memory. I wish she could have at least kept her memory.... I did have consolation from seeing her in later episodes. Donna always makes me laugh. I have rewatched her season like twice. She was just the best companion, IMO, not only because of her humour, but because she was actually NOBLE like her last name says. She always wanted to do the right thing, even disagreeing with the Doctor and convincing him he was wrong. Donna also did not have a romantic relationship with the Doctor. Which I LOVED. I loved their bickering, their humour, and the fact that romance wasn't a factor of that relationship because it's been done and it just gets kind of old.

My thoughts exactly!

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

same

That was ONE of the DW episodes that made me burst into tears... This one the most though

Hilarious Genius

14,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Timid 100
Donna got a a fate worse than death and that whole episode made me cry so hard.
Rose and Amy/Rory, for sure. I cried when Rose and The Doctor were separated, I knew something was probably going to happen but I really didn't WANT it to.

Then when Amy and Rory left...it was really the dialogue and Matt's acting that drove me to sobs. HE just seemed to utterly devastated. This was the closet thing to family that he had in so long...and then it was gone.

Argh! Tears me up just thinking about it!
After I watched Rose's departure, I laid in my bed and cried while listening to Taylor Swift.
I sobbed after the Ponds left but then I thought how they still got to live to be 80 something so that softened the blow... very slightly.

When Rose was left behind the first time in the parallel world, I was an absolute wreck! Especially when the connection was lost between them just as he was about to say the three most important words! Worst dropped call EVER!

The shocker was Adric. Even though I knew it was coming! They talked about it on Doctor Who Revisited! But I cried when it happened. Just the look on the Doctor's face and Nyssa and Tegan holding each other and crying. I think it was because he was a young kid that it hurt. And I think he was one of the first to actually get killed off.
Donna Noble's departure was the hardest. She had all these adventures with the Doctor and then she became DoctorDonna which was awesome but being human, she couldn't handle it. I cried so hard when the Doctor erased all their adventures and time spent together. But she saved the world and is the most important woman in the whole universe.
YumiBells
Donna Noble's departure was the hardest. She had all these adventures with the Doctor and then she became DoctorDonna which was awesome but being human, she couldn't handle it. I cried so hard when the Doctor erased all their adventures and time spent together. But she saved the world and is the most important woman in the whole universe.

I really liked Donna. I couldn't stand her mother. No wonder she ran away. He didn't criticize her every move.

Dapper Genius

Amy was saddest one. I don't cry at movies or tv shows But i shed a few in that episode as he begged her not to go. The emotion in his voice was so real!

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
I was sad for Rose initially, but she got her substitute Doctor in the end and both of her parents and a Happily ever after eventually (I want to know what clone ten does for kicks without a Tardis to wander around in). Amy and Rory I felt bad for 11, but Amy wrote him that they lived happily too. So I'd have to go with Donna. She still got a happy ending, but she also forgot all the amazing things she did. Feels like she was robbed of some of the best parts of herself. And if we're counting old Amy, then definitely old Amy. That was horrible. T-T
nerdwritergirl29
The shocker was Adric. Even though I knew it was coming!

And imagine what a shock it must have been to those who saw that episode when it was first broadcast. Even those who hated Adric to the point where they wanted him written out ASAP can't have been expecting the show's writers to write him out in the way they did. Because, up to that point, regardless of how many guest characters fell, the regulars had always survived. NOTE: though Katarina and Sara Kingdom are regarded as companions, neither of them was around long enough to really qualify as a regular.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff