Welcome to Gaia! ::

Donna's departure was the worst. She had so much going for her.
I think, even worse, is that she isn't coming back for the 50th anniversary.

Anxious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
BorrowedBlueBox
Fatniss Evercream

Donna's departure was the most heart-wrenching for me. She was my all time favorite companion. She finally became what she was destined to be, she was the most important woman in the universe, and she became Doctor Donna. I was so freakin' happy and thought it was so cool. But then that all had to be taken away, along with her memory. I wish she could have at least kept her memory.... I did have consolation from seeing her in later episodes. Donna always makes me laugh. I have rewatched her season like twice. She was just the best companion, IMO, not only because of her humour, but because she was actually NOBLE like her last name says. She always wanted to do the right thing, even disagreeing with the Doctor and convincing him he was wrong. Donna also did not have a romantic relationship with the Doctor. Which I LOVED. I loved their bickering, their humour, and the fact that romance wasn't a factor of that relationship because it's been done and it just gets kind of old.

My thoughts exactly!

I concur with this also.
I think it's a tie between Donna's and Rory and Amy. It hurt so bad when he had to seal Donna's memories away. Can imagine knowing someone, knowing they don't remember you, that they had this whole wonderful adventure with you, and now they won't remember any of it, can't or they'll die? There will always be a hole in Donna's life that can't be filled and the sad part is she can't even remember what it is. At least with Rory and Amy they remember. They lived on, sealed away from the Doctor forever, but at least they remembered. At least they got to say goodbye. Donna never got that. crying

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Clare_N
I think I'd have to say Adric's death ranks pretty high on the list, though certain members of the fandom might disagree.

I don't even like Adric, but yeah, that was a pretty Earthshocking departure.

And I guess Donna losing all her character development.

Frozen Waffles

31,675 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I definitely think Donna was the saddest. I would probably have said Rose but hers worked out for her in the end. I also kinda think that Sarah Jane's departure was sad. But maybe that was more because I was sad to see her go.
DEFINITELY Rose Tyler.... I mean the LOVE bit was just a heart breaking, scene. PLUS David Tennant was by FAR my favorite Dr.

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
It ties with Donna's and Rose's.
Both make me so completely sad.

Tipsy Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I believe it is River Songs because we have to see we die before we even know her. So we know the ending to her and Matts beautiful tragic love story... I sob every time I see her.

Dapper Dabbler

It's a tie with Donna and River.

Tipsy Gekko

Donna and River.

Both of whom are my favorite characters. crying

But seriously though, each one was heart crushingly special in their own way. emo
It has to be Rose for me. She was my favorite companion so far. I loved her with the 9th Doctor. I cried when she left D:

Fashionable Businesswoman

7,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Roery and Amy would be number one and rose and donna would be tied for second
when amy and rorey left it was soo sad how they left

Hilarious Informer

4,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200
oh god i actually cried when amy said "good bye raggity man" and the doctor reaching out to grab her and BOOM gone, along with Rory. 11th been through so much with those two and after they left he had to wait 100 years before he even thought about traveling with a new companion. and that wasnt even his choice! AND THEN THERES CLARE! but thats for a different time and day
For me the most painful or heart retching one is when Amy and Rory leave for good. I cried for a good long while after that.

Anxious Scamp

Clare_N
...Adric was never given that chance, so we'll never know how he would have turned out in the long term. Though I like to think he would have long since grown out the sort of behaviour which turned so many fans against him . . .

Maybe, but it was still painful to sit through so I was happy to see him go.

I'd say 10's regeneration was the saddest to me. He genuinely didn't want to regenerate--it seemed like a death. Especially considering how 11 doesn't really ever acknowledge Rose/Donna/Jack/TimeWar/Sarah/anything, it really does feel like the Doctor died with 10.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff