Welcome to Gaia! ::

J Is For Jabberwocky
RoseTyler05
J Is For Jabberwocky
RoseTyler05
Are you serious? ಠ_ಠ

yes???

David got so much attention during his run as the Doctor.

in america??? i think not -.-

This would probably be because Doctor Who in general doesn't get that much attention in America...

J Is For Jabberwocky
davids dream role was the doctor he put alot of energy and passion into his role.

But see, that's just Tennant. He does that for everything he plays.
Have you seen him do Hamlet? He's absolutely amazing.

Anyway. I think folks get all caught up in picking their favorite Doctor, or deciding who's the 'best,' but really... they're all the Doctor. The Doctor. Single. All of them are the best, because all of them are one whole.

Dangerous Lover

8,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
RoseTyler05
Are you serious? ಠ_ಠ

My thoughts exactly.

Dangerous Lover

8,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Unofficial Leah C
J Is For Jabberwocky
RoseTyler05
J Is For Jabberwocky
RoseTyler05
Are you serious? ಠ_ಠ

yes???

David got so much attention during his run as the Doctor.

in america??? i think not -.-

This would probably be because Doctor Who in general doesn't get that much attention in America...

J Is For Jabberwocky
davids dream role was the doctor he put alot of energy and passion into his role.

But see, that's just Tennant. He does that for everything he plays.
Have you seen him do Hamlet? He's absolutely amazing.

Anyway. I think folks get all caught up in picking their favorite Doctor, or deciding who's the 'best,' but really... they're all the Doctor. The Doctor. Single. All of them are the best, because all of them are one whole.

Nicely put. I couldnt have said it better myself.
well maybe

Dangerous Lover

8,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
RoseTyler05
Hell, I see it on forums everyday. David and Matt. Where's all the love for Chris and the classic Doctors?

I got some love for Chris. he is one of my favorites too. i would have liked seeing him in another series or two as the doctor. and i am sure once i have the means to i will love the other 8 doctors as well

Learned Bunny

17,200 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I have no idea why the he didn't get much attention. Each doctor had his own personality. Some my liked him some my not. Or just in recent years that ppl just got into doctor who. I just started to watch it with my sister, so I have seen more of the 11 then the others. (however, one day I shall sit down and watch all of the doctor who's!!!)
I dont know what you mean...David Tennent is by far the most popular Doctor from Doctor Who!
if anyone needs more love is Christopher Eccelston...he was a great Doctor.

Newbie Explorer

J Is For Jabberwocky
in my opinion david tenant should have gotten more attention. he was the BEST DOCTOR!!! T.T

User Image

David Tennant got tons of attention as the Doctor and now it's just Matt Smith's turn. Yes, the show isn't big in America yet but he still gets a lot of attention even now. Ever been to a Convention of any kind? There are always a bunch of 10th Doctor and even some other Doctor cosplayers walking around.
Never said David was the best doctor, just one of the better ones.
If I had to choose my top 3 doctors,

Tom Baker
David Tennent
William Hartnell(considering it was the 60s lol)

But really, each played the doctors differently. David just happens to be the most physically attractive.

High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
scherzofrog
If anybody deserves more exposure, it's them. The other Doctors. Because while Tennant was fantastic in the role, he wasn't the only one.

Agreed wholeheartedly. 3nodding

Now Tennant happens to be my Doctor (I started watching the show during his run), and will always be my favourite, but the rest deserve love too. I've only seen a bit of the classic series, but in what I've seen everyone else was brilliant as their particular Doctors. And of course, new series Eccleston and Smith were amazing too.
RoseTyler05
Hell, I see it on forums everyday. David and Matt. Where's all the love for Chris and the classic Doctors?

Agreed. My first Doctor is Matt Smith, so he'll always be "my Doctor." But I do see A LOT of love for Tennant. Hell, there are a ton of people who refer to him as the definitive Doctor. And between the eleven doctors, that's a pretty big deal.

Unpopular opinion coming...I love Eccleston's Doctor. True, he was bit harsher than Tennant and Smith, but I think the Doctor needs to be rough at times. I just love his strong sense of authority and how sure of himself he always was. With Tennant and Smith, we get confidence and incredible wit, yes, but Eccleston gave off a sense of authority where, like, you KNOW he's the man in charge, and he knows you better than you know yourself.

Even more unpopular opinion...I think Rose had more chemistry with Nine than she did with Ten. There. I said it. I don't know why, but I never really got a vibe of romantic love between Ten and Rose. Maybe it's because I was already shipping Eleven and River at the time, but then again, I don't have a problem shipping one character with multiple other characters. I think people can be in love with more than one person at the same time. It's just, for me, Ten and Rose were very good friends, but Nine and Rose had this deeper connection, largely due to the Bad Wolf. When Nine said, "I think you need a Doctor", I felt more than I ever did ROMANTICALLY with Ten and Rose.

That's not to say that I don't think Ten and Rose had some bomb-a** chemistry, because of course they did. Believe me, my dislike for Rose is only marginally less than my hatred for Amy, but I damn sure teared up at the end of Doomsday both times I saw it. Beyond my, er, problems with Rose, she has a great strength and a great heart. Those two qualities lent themselves romantically more to Nine's brokeness than Te's bubbliness. In my opinion, that's what made Ten and Rose such good friends. They had similar personalities. But I think Nine is a better romantic match for Rose. That's not to say that I ship them, or anything, I just prefer the idea of one over the other.

And don't even get my ******** started on Rose and Meta!Ten...grrrr. Sorry for the rant, btw. sweatdrop

Shady Zapper

Ten just seemed all Debbie Downer to me.. I liked nine, but it sucked I didn't really see more of him. Eleven's the little kid/nut, personality, so he's entertaining. :/ But I'm trying to watch classic who, so I'm really in between which doctor is my favorite. :/

Speaking of classic who, anyone know where I can watch all of them in one place?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
J Is For Jabberwocky
how come david tenant didnt get alot of attention as the Dr.

The ******** are you talking about?

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
First off Tennant gets plenty of love for his role as the Doctor and if you browsed around the internet looking for info on David you'd probably already know that, secondly there's no such thing as the "best Doctor," everyone will like each one for different reasons and most will claim a specific one as "their Doctor" just cause people tend to be possessive of things like sports teams, favorite characters or favorite actors etc.
What do you mean didn't get enough attention? You so much as mention Doctor Who and almost everyone thinks of David! He seems to be a lot of people's favorites. I love him too but Christopher Eccleston is my fave heart

Party Member

yum_pumpkinpie yum_icecreampie yum_strawberrypie yum_pie

I'm sorry what? Where were you 3 years ago?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff