Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you think they should make a female Doctor?

Yes 0.5 50.0% [ 37 ]
No 0.36486486486486 36.5% [ 27 ]
Don't Care 0.13513513513514 13.5% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
mcm
That's what the
>__>

<__<
was for. :p

Ahh, sorry, didn't know that.

Anyway it be interesting if the Doctor ran into that female version of himself. I mean technically the extra Clara's are from an aborted timeline, so why can't he run into a Doctor from an aborted timeline.

Wistful Phantom

Bobby Lauren Taylor
Gothic_Redemption
I'd love a lady Doctor, but, for the love of God, not while Moffat is writing. He'd destroy Doctor Who even worse than he already has.

First he'd make the Doctor dating the Master cannon. Then we'll find out that the Doctor happens to be the mother of the Brig's Daughter. Wait no the Doctor is actually Clara's mother and she faked her death! No for all that is good in the universe this can not happen under Moffat's watch.

You got it. God, I hate what he's done.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Joanna Lumley made a brilliant Doctor in 'The Case of Fatal Death', and while it would be interesting to see the Doctor as a female again, I don't think there's a crying need for it.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Ratttking
Joanna Lumley made a brilliant Doctor in 'The Case of Fatal Death', and while it would be interesting to see the Doctor as a female again, I don't think there's a crying need for it.

The only thing that there's a crying need for is of Moffat to get off the show.

While there is in fact no need for a female Doctor, we can still hope.

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Bobby Lauren Taylor
Gothic_Redemption
I'd love a lady Doctor, but, for the love of God, not while Moffat is writing. He'd destroy Doctor Who even worse than he already has.

First he'd make the Doctor dating the Master cannon. Then we'll find out that the Doctor happens to be the mother of the Brig's Daughter. Wait no the Doctor is actually Clara's mother and she faked her death! No for all that is good in the universe this can not happen under Moffat's watch.

oh god no...

I personally don't think I could see the doctor as female. I would like to see another female timelord around to whip him into shape. He does take that "I'm smarter than you human" thing to extremes. I think that was what made Romana so much fun. They tried this a little with River, but dropped it like a burnt potato in favor of other crazier bits. Exploring a relationship like that could have been fun. But instead it was innuendos and creepy obsession. I would like to see the Doctor have a relationship on equal footing with a woman (or man, I don't judge) before the Doctor would be portrayed by a woman. But that is just my opinion.

Gallant Knight

Gothic_Redemption

I agree wholeheartedly. I think that a lady Doctor could open a lot of doors in a lot of ways, but only with a good writing team.
Recca Hino
mcm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM
It's totally canon.
>__>

<__<

Sorry, no it's not. Although I'd rather have it cannon than some of Moffet's current work. Did I spell his name right? Oh well, either way that was his story.

On the subject of a female Doctor. I say yes. No we don't need to, but the Doctor has wanted to be a Ginger for sometime and I'd love for him to finally be a ginger but female. Since the Doc has worn faces of people he's come across I think it be funny if he ends up with Amy's face. I didn't care too much for her but I think it it be hilarious.

I think it would be even better if he ended up with Donna's face. whee

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Recca Hino
Ratttking

The only thing that there's a crying need for is of Moffat to get off the show.

While there is in fact no need for a female Doctor, we can still hope.
Sorry, but I'm not on the Moffat-hating bandwagon. I have found his stories to be quite enjoyable.

I would be even more interested if the Doctor were to come back as ...something else. He's expressed relief at having hands etc right after regenerating, which I think implies that the humanoid form is not the only one which he might take. Of course, he could have just been relieved to be reborn humanoid but not deformed.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Tedirii
I think it would be even better if he ended up with Donna's face. whee

There were rumors like that around the time of Tenant was leaving. If it happened then it would have worked better, "Now this is ironic". "I've gone Pond" would work better then longer it's been since Amy's been about.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Ratttking
Sorry, but I'm not on the Moffat-hating bandwagon. I have found his stories to be quite enjoyable.

I would be even more interested if the Doctor were to come back as ...something else. He's expressed relief at having hands etc right after regenerating, which I think implies that the humanoid form is not the only one which he might take. Of course, he could have just been relieved to be reborn humanoid but not deformed.

We know it's possible for Time Lord to take non-Terran forms as Romana tried on a few humanoid, but not eathlike forms. Still I think the Doctor chooses to remain Terran in appearance even if not consciously.

As for Moffet.... I liked a number of his epidsodes his time as show runner has greatly annoyed me. I understand in a show about time travel continuity can change but I feel he's taken too many liberties. That and he made Clara and Amy far too important. The Day of the Doctor Clara stopping the Doctors from pressing the button made sense, but that's really the only thing truly memorable that has made sense.
I don't think I would like the Doctor being a woman, if they decided to be a man, let's continue being a man. But I would like a Timelady in the show (nothing like River). It could be interesting.

6,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
I really like the idea

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Recca Hino
Ratttking

We know it's possible for Time Lord to take non-Terran forms as Romana tried on a few humanoid, but not eathlike forms. Still I think the Doctor chooses to remain Terran in appearance even if not consciously.

As for Moffet.... I liked a number of his epidsodes his time as show runner has greatly annoyed me. I understand in a show about time travel continuity can change but I feel he's taken too many liberties. That and he made Clara and Amy far too important. The Day of the Doctor Clara stopping the Doctors from pressing the button made sense, but that's really the only thing truly memorable that has made sense.
What do you mean by humanoid but not earth-like? One form was quite tall, but no taller than some women I've known. The 6'6" Leela cosplayer was most impressive.

I liked most of them, and wonder why people who hate Moffat (and Davies before him) and the recent companions so much bother to continue watching. I've been in the fandom almost 30 years now and I never saw such hate for the old series - save of course for Adric. If they ever have a companion as awful as that again I'll stop watching until they get a new one.
I like the idea of a woman doctor if just to explore the cool dynamics that could come into play but I am not a fan of Moffat's larger arcs and some of the woman oriented comments during his run.

But now that (end of newwho season 7 spoiler)
gallifrey is potentially back, I would love to see a leading time lady as a companion or as a constantly recurring character ala the master soon

4,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I think there should be another Doctor introduced but maybe that would ruin how Moffat has written it so far....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff