Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Prophet

Okay so I needed a phone for work and such, my dad being nice bought me an iphone 5. I'm really liking it and I'm enjoying using the wifi when I can but I really need a service plan for it. I found out it was a sprint phone by going to radio shack, and the guy there said it would cost $500 to start it all up because I didn't have an account with them. Is this normal? Is there any way I can just start an account for free and just get some kind of service contract? It seems ridiculous.
What iPhone is it? Its not really that much/shouldnt be.

Fashionable Prophet

Spanksz1

I think it's an iphone 5s. It sounds weird but he said it was to start an account with them or something.
Ghostfrost
Spanksz1

I think it's an iphone 5s. It sounds weird but he said it was to start an account with them or something.

What company does the phone say its with? Like ATT Rogers T-Mobile
Ghostfrost
Spanksz1

I Apologize, didnt read it was spring. I would honestly go to a spring store, but be prepared if you dont credit they can ask for a 200$ deposit and the smallest real plan they got is 100$ thats for everything unlimited.

Fashionable Prophet

Spanksz1
Ghostfrost
Spanksz1

I Apologize, didnt read it was spring. I would honestly go to a spring store, but be prepared if you dont credit they can ask for a 200$ deposit and the smallest real plan they got is 100$ thats for everything unlimited.

Yeah as long as it's not 500.. I'm going tomorrow I just wanted to see if there was anyway I could negotiate with them to let me start a cheaper account it return for getting a 2-year plan or something.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
There's some service called Freedom Pop that's been getting some attention lately. I haven't used it myself but they claim you can bring your own iphone and get 200 voice minutes, 500 text messages, and 500 mb a month for free through them. They say if you want unlimited talk and text with that 500 mb of data it costs $5 a month and you can pay more for higher data limits.

They buy bulk bandwidth from the major cell phone provider networks and are repackaging it cheap to people that already have cell phones and don't want those contracts. Not sure if they're legit or not but worth a try I guess?

http://www.freedompop.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreedomPop
freedom pop, its real, i have a mifi and a sprint phone i managed to scrounge up, if it says no service in your agea sign up anyways, you can use 3g on th epaid plans, which im assuming your gonna want, im fine with the free plan though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff