Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm not a PC enthusiast. I am a gaming enthusiast. I am currently playing Elder Scrolls Online, Aion, Tera, and GW2.
I want to build a new PC. I've never done this before and frankly I'm scared. Ive done some research and was wondering if anything I have put together so far could be improved upon. I read reviews and info but honestly it doesnt really mean much to me. I have no idea why one graphix card is better than the other O.o So this is what ive got so far. Suggestions?

Corsair Professional Series HX850W Power supply - 850 Watt

Corsair Vengeance C70 Mid tower - No power supply

WD VelociRaptor 1 TB Internal hard drive Serial ATA-600 3.5" 10000 rpm WD1000DHTZ

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler Graphics card - 4 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

Kingston HyperX blu Black Series - DIMM 240-pin

Intel Core i7 I7-2600K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor - Intel Boxed - LGA1155 Socket

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
You'd be better off getting a newer i7-4000 series since they offer better performance at around the same price. That'd go with an LGA 1150 motherboard.

And a 850 watt power supply would be overkill for the system with a gtx 760. For that build you could drop down to at least 600 watts and have no problems at all. Im thinking 500 watts would even be plenty.

You should probably also think about grabbing a wireless adapter if you need WIFI. Also you'll have to buy a copy of Windows and probably should get a dvd or blu-ray drive.

A SSD would also be a very good investment if you're building a high spec system.

Distinct Citizen

Cinerarium
I'm not a PC enthusiast. I am a gaming enthusiast. I am currently playing Elder Scrolls Online, Aion, Tera, and GW2.
I want to build a new PC. I've never done this before and frankly I'm scared. Ive done some research and was wondering if anything I have put together so far could be improved upon. I read reviews and info but honestly it doesnt really mean much to me. I have no idea why one graphix card is better than the other O.o So this is what ive got so far. Suggestions?

WD VelociRaptor 1 TB Internal hard drive Serial ATA-600 3.5" 10000 rpm WD1000DHTZ

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler Graphics card - 4 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

Intel Core i7 I7-2600K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor - Intel Boxed - LGA1155 Socket
I would go with a Core i7 4770k or something like that. I generally like to suggest "K series" as they are unlocked meaning you can over clock them. As for the VelociRaptor. They tend to put out a lot of heat your better off going with a Western Digital Black. Or better yet a Samsung EVO SSD as a boot drive and a Western Digital Blue or Green as storage drives. As for memory you really don't need over 8 gig's of 1600 mhz.
Shintaro Katsus Zatoichi
Cinerarium

I would go with a Core i7 4770k or something like that. I generally like to suggest "K series" as they are unlocked meaning you can over clock them. As for the VelociRaptor. They tend to put out a lot of heat your better off going with a Western Digital Black. Or better yet a Samsung EVO SSD as a boot drive and a Western Digital Blue or Green as storage drives. As for memory you really don't need over 8 gig's of 1600 mhz.
You're recommending an overspecked cpu but don't comment on the graphics card then you just brand hate. Sounds like someone needs to get a clue

Distinct Citizen

Dreadpirate Chris Roberts
Shintaro Katsus Zatoichi
Cinerarium

You're recommending an overspecked cpu but don't comment on the graphics card then you just brand hate. Sounds like someone needs to get a clue
I simply said I would, recommend a 4770k not that it's mandatory. Was simply giving a base to work off of. FYI, I use an FX series processor myself. So your brand hate thing is irrelevant.
Shintaro Katsus Zatoichi
Shintaro Katsus Zatoichi
Cinerarium

I simply said I would, recommend a 4770k not that it's mandatory. Was simply giving a base to work off of. FYI, I use an FX series processor myself. So your brand hate thing is irrelevant.

Quote:
As for the VelociRaptor. They tend to put out a lot of heat your better off going with a Western Digital Black.
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Thanks, this seems helpful. I like these kinds of charts.
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Im going to do more research and see what I come up with next <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff