Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Explorer

33,350 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Clockwork Pest Control 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
My last attempt months back, was through their store, went wrong as they made it seem as if it was a walk in the woods. Just like any normal update and it wasn't. They wanted specific information [i.e. email, passwords, etc.] that I couldn't remember off of the top of my head. I had to cancel that upgrade. Was through into a nice black screen with no instruction of how to get my laptop back to working. Don't even remember what I did to get it back.

Now, it's forcing the same update I really don't want. Would anyone be able to tell me what info is required as it's not like the standard update from my experience?

Aged Lunatic

Mister Noh Bahdi
My last attempt months back, was through their store, went wrong as they made it seem as if it was a walk in the woods. Just like any normal update and it wasn't. They wanted specific information [i.e. email, passwords, etc.] that I couldn't remember off of the top of my head. I had to cancel that upgrade. Was through into a nice black screen with no instruction of how to get my laptop back to working. Don't even remember what I did to get it back.

Now, it's forcing the same update I really don't want. Would anyone be able to tell me what info is required as it's not like the standard update from my experience?

Windows 8.1 is largely based around being tied to an actual Microsoft (Hotmail) account, the details they're asking you for is to either specify your hotmail account you'd like your windows to be registered to or to register a new (hotmail) account to tie it to.

As far as I recall there's no actual bypass to it, and since 8.1 is basically a service-pack of sorts, you do kind of have to upgrade to it at some point as 8.0 specifically will stop getting patches.

Beyond that there's nothing else it really needs, once you give it or create an MS/Hotmail account for it to be bound to it'll download and update.

Tipsy Explorer

33,350 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Clockwork Pest Control 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Synapt

Okay. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash