Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  DOS

DOS

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 19, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Just curious to see if I'm the last person in the world that knows my way around DOS.
I wouldnt say I'm a master at the jungles of DOS, but I do know my way around it quite well.

I don't really do all that much in it anymore, besides making a new directory and using FDISK :p

This guy I know at work is insane with it tho.

There' are still people out there that can nav DOS blaugh as hard as it is to believe.

The only reason why I know it so well is that my CD Drive died during a Windows Installation on my Laptop so I had to leave it on DOS for like 6months. xd
NapalmDesign
Just curious to see if I'm the last person in the world that knows my way around DOS.

Nope... your not the last... I know my way around somthings inside it too...
Just used my DOS 6.22 disk the other night trying to fix my computer. It's still got it's uses, even in this day and age, actually. And if you know DOS, you know a bit of Linux, as well.
ahh its good to see that the whole world isnt lame
I used to use DOS a lot when I was younger, I went to my mum's work today and saw she was still using it eek supercalc and some word processor, she's amazing in dos but stick any kind of windows app in front of her and she'll click around like a blind 90 year old.
Here's me thinking windows was supposed to be more user friendly xp
anyone ever been on a dial-up bbs? oldschool pir8 style domokun
NapalmDesign

How do you think I got over 300 amiga floppy disks full? Heh.. 9800baud.

Anyone remember Xtree gold? I loved that app.
Twistex
NapalmDesign

hehe ever heard of bananacom? I live about 2 hours from the city that was made in and funnly live about 2 hours form the city that sonique was started in also}
ahh.. I miss the good ol bbs days.

dont miss my 9600 though razz
NapalmDesign
ahh.. I miss the good ol bbs days.

dont miss my 9600 though razz

there's a fond place in my heart for my lil' 14.4 cigarette-pack modem. Man, that thing was fast for its' day. Then again, I remember going from a 486 SX to a 486 DX and being amazed at how well doom ran.

Aged Lunatic

Twistex
NapalmDesign

Wow dude, Amiga, and I thought I was one of the last few left that knew what that was.... wow.... just wow....

My respect goes to you eternally now
Arethic
Twistex
NapalmDesign

Wow dude, Amiga, and I thought I was one of the last few left that knew what that was.... wow.... just wow....

My respect goes to you eternally now

Heehee.. I've got an amiga 2000 sitting in my parents basement. The monitor burned out, so it's curently unused. I love that machine.
if u dont know dos then u should shut your computer off and never touch it again it is the basis of over half of the programs u run

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff