Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Dabbler

It's basically a web building tool and I have to learn it soon.

Anyone have any input?
dont use a tool use a editor like notepad++

Original Dabbler

Dreadpirate Chris Roberts
dont use a tool use a editor like notepad++

Say what?

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
I think Dreadpirate is suggesting you design your websites entirely from scratch using the scripting languages HTML, CSS, Javascript, and possibly PHP for the server side sweatdrop

The kind of stuff that I think Mura is designed to hide from the designer for the most part so that they don't have to worry about all of the technical details behind the scenes.

Original Dabbler

kenjitamura
I think Dreadpirate is suggesting you design your websites entirely from scratch using the scripting languages HTML, CSS, Javascript, and possibly PHP for the server side sweatdrop

The kind of stuff that I think Mura is designed to hide from the designer for the most part so that they don't have to worry about all of the technical details behind the scenes.

Yeah, unfortunately I have to learn it for work. I just don't know if it's hard to use or not.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Dragontai
kenjitamura

Yeah, unfortunately I have to learn it for work. I just don't know if it's hard to use or not.

If Mura is anything like other WYSIWYG editors, it's going to add extra bullshit that isn't even necessary for anything other then announcing to anyone who reads the source code "hey I'm a ******** who can't do HTML (that by the way I've seen a five year old do) for s**t".

I'd question the wisdom and intelligence of this decision especially seeing as even I can code something half decent in XHTML 1.0 and CSS using nothing other than Notepad++ and an FTP program (for uploading) and I'm nothing like a half decent coder.
Dragontai
It's basically a web building tool and I have to learn it soon.

Anyone have any input?
It's not a web building tool. It's a Content Management System. Not unlike WordPress.

Go read the documentation if you want to learn it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff