Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
MP3 is out of date XP
It's just the most common format because people don't know there are better formats out there.

Not completely true.. 3nodding ..mp3 has upgraded to mp3Pro ..by incorporating SBR (Spectral Band Replication) ..as AAC has to make MPEG4 ..and XM Satellite radio uses it too... windows is yet to do so though : )

http://mp3pro.com/
Quote:
Quote:
MP3 is out of date XP
It's just the most common format because people don't know there are better formats out there.

Not completely true.. 3nodding ..mp3 has upgraded to mp3Pro ..by incorporating SBR (Spectral Band Replication) ..as AAC has to make MPEG4 ..and XM Satellite radio uses it too... windows is yet to do so though : )

http://mp3pro.com/

So yea, MP3 is out of date, but there's an updated version available. I bet that most people arn't compressing music with mp3Pro though.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
MP3 is out of date XP

Same reason Windows is the most used OS. Because once a large number of people get into a certain paradigm, it takes a lot of effort to kick them out of it.

Well, the situations are quite a bit different xp Windows is a good OS, and is getting better if you've been paying attention over the last 4 years.
MP3 is a good format, it's just that WMA's compression is a little better, which means files are sometimes a little smaller and it sounds a bit better.

I don't really see TOO much difference. Windows may be alright, so is MP3. There are, however, better alternatives for a lot of people out there, ranging from Linux to BeOS to Mac OS, just as MP3 has WMA, AAC, OGG, etc. as alternative file formats which would actually suit a lot of MP3 users better.
Quote:
MP3 is out of date XP

Mp3s are the only things that play on some mp3 players
I want to change it, so I can fit more songs on my MP3 player. WMA files take up to room.
mp3's are as good quality as wma, but mp3 is more universal. Every operataing system can play it. WMA is windows media audio, you need WMP to play it. mp3's play with any player
Quote:
mp3's are as good quality as wma, but mp3 is more universal. Every operataing system can play it. WMA is windows media audio, you need WMP to play it. mp3's play with any player

Nope. Winamp, XMMS, VLC, and foobar all read .WMA files.
Quote:
I want to change it, so I can fit more songs on my MP3 player. WMA files take up to room.

you can convert to lower quality mp3 files which take up less room... you'd have to convert to a similar low quality wma file for the same thing anyway

^^ better to stick with mp3 since the're mp3s to begin with..
Thanks for the help. I figured out what I will do.
I hate windows that way... >_>

I tried to convert wmv to mpg a few years ago. EVERY converter can convert to windows formats but a rare few can convert from... crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff