Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am just learning about all this MP3 stuff, I know, I am behind on the times a bit.
Well, I have previously ripped cds onto my computer, not knowing that I could change the format to MP3 while ripping. Well, I was wondering if there is away I can change the format now, or if I have to rip all the cds again...

Help?
dbPowerAMP. WIth the right codecs, it'll suit your needs. It also comes with a CD ripper that uses the same codecs as the converter, so you'll never worry about picking the wrong codec again.
It would be better to rerip them, since transcoding between lossy formats just means even more loss. However, there are programs to do so. Look on download.com and other places.
I'm just curious.. Why do you want to convert to wma files? 3nodding
Quote:

WMAs are actually better than MP3s in cases. That's one of the few things that Microsoft has done right, along with the Xbox Live service.
Quote:
...along with the Xbox Live service.

Yes.. The service you have to give your credit card number to in order to activate the free trial stare

http://www.wma-mp3.com/
Quote:

I don't... I want to go from WMA to MP3...

Thank you for the help.
Quote:
Quote:
...along with the Xbox Live service.

Yes.. The service you have to give your credit card number to in order to activate the free trial stare

http://www.wma-mp3.com/

Bah. I didn't sign up with a trial. I've had mine since the original shipping.

$50 per year. That comes out to $4 dollars per month. That's cheaper than just about every single MMORPG out there now.
Quote:
Quote:

WMAs are actually better than MP3s in cases. That's one of the few things that Microsoft has done right, along with the Xbox Live service.

mp3s are also better than wma files in cases..

I'm pretty sure the person isn't wanting to take big advantage of the wonderful encryption you can have on wma files.. or the lossless compression..

Quote:
Quote:

I don't... I want to go from WMA to MP3...

Thank you for the help.

: ) yes of course what I meant.. but why? ^^
MP3 is out of date XP
It's just the most common format because people don't know there are better formats out there.
Quote:

$50 per year. That comes out to $4 dollars per month. That's cheaper than just about every single MMORPG out there now.

True... Then again, cost of:
HL2 MP: $0
FFXI MP: $0
JK MP: $0
HL1 MP:$0
and so on.
Quote:
MP3 is out of date XP
It's just the most common format because people don't know there are better formats out there.

Same reason Windows is the most used OS. Because once a large number of people get into a certain paradigm, it takes a lot of effort to kick them out of it.
Quote:
Quote:
MP3 is out of date XP

Same reason Windows is the most used OS. Because once a large number of people get into a certain paradigm, it takes a lot of effort to kick them out of it.

This because many are of the mindset, "Why change it if it works?"
Quote:
Quote:

True... Then again, cost of:
HL2 MP: $0
FFXI MP: $0
JK MP: $0
HL1 MP:$0
and so on.

HL2 and HL1 aren't MMORPGs -- they don't need a giant server to serve every client, people can run their own servers. Dunno what JK is, and I thought FFXI cost money.
Quote:
Quote:
MP3 is out of date XP

Well, the situations are quite a bit different xp Windows is a good OS, and is getting better if you've been paying attention over the last 4 years.
MP3 is a good format, it's just that WMA's compression is a little better, which means files are sometimes a little smaller and it sounds a bit better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff