Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gawker

Right, my university uses Blackboard for it's students and staff.

Basically, the 'login' button isn't working all of a sudden. I type in my username and password, then press 'enter' or just click the 'login' button, but nothing happens. The button turns dark, like when you click on buttons, so I know it's clicked, but nothing happens. It doesn't load, doesn't come up with a message, doesn't even remove my username and password from the login boxes. It's like the button doesn't work. The page remains completely unchanged.

I know the site isn't down, because I can access it on other computers. I know it's not the browser I'm using (which is Firefox) as I accessed it on Firefox on one of the library computers. I also tried it on Internet Explorer on my laptop, still didn't work. So, I know it's my laptop. It was only Wednesday evening I discovered I couldn't get on to it, and as far as I'm aware, my computer hasn't done any updates since then. So, can anyone make sense of why the button isn't working? My uni's tech support isn't easy to get a hold of, so thought I'd come here first. This is kind of urgent as I need to access it to get all my preparation worksheets and uni emails.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Would you mind linking us to the login page? I think my school uses it, too, and I can take a peek to see what witchcraft they use for user authentication.

Translation: I'm gonna see if you have something turned off they need on.

Gawker

Sonic Offline
Would you mind linking us to the login page? I think my school uses it, too, and I can take a peek to see what witchcraft they use for user authentication.

Translation: I'm gonna see if you have something turned off they need on.

Here you go.

There's not really much on the page itself. I notice most other unis across the world that use it have a lot more on their login page incase of problems. My university doesn't, typically.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
It appears to be just Javascript. Do you have that disabled? Or on a whitelist?

Gawker

Sonic Offline

I actually have no idea! How do I find out? How come that's suddenly change my ability to log in now?

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Rhouis
Sonic Offline

I actually have no idea! How do I find out? How come that's suddenly change my ability to log in now?

Did you install any new addons to your browser, or anything new to your computer recently?

Gawker

Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis
Sonic Offline

Did you install any new addons to your browser, or anything new to your computer recently?

I don't think so. I think the last one was quite a while before I started having this problem.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
So no windows Updates or anything? And which version of your browsers do you use?

Gawker

Sonic Offline
So no windows Updates or anything? And which version of your browsers do you use?

No, I would have remembered as it wasn't that long ago I started having this problem. I'm using Firefox 18.0.1, I believe.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/javascript-settings-for-interactive-web-pages#w_enabling-and-disabling-javascript

Gawker

Sonic Offline
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/javascript-settings-for-interactive-web-pages#w_enabling-and-disabling-javascript

Thanks, I followed that link. Javascript was already enabled, so nothing has changed with trying to log in. sad

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
This is becoming more and more perplexing. Huh.

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I know that's the generic "I don't know what I'm doing" response, but it's worth a shot.

Gawker

Sonic Offline

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I know that's the generic "I don't know what I'm doing" response, but it's worth a shot.

I haven't. How do I do that? (Sorry, that's probably one of the simplest things to do, but I'm not very tech savvy)

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Rhouis
Sonic Offline

I haven't. How do I do that? (Sorry, that's probably one of the simplest things to do, but I'm not very tech savvy)
I'm bouncing between classes myself so excuse me for disappearing. In fact right now I'm on a tablet so my response time is hampered, but I'm here ish. One sec, looking up a walk through like I did before.

Gawker

Sonic Offline
Rhouis
Sonic Offline

I'm bouncing between classes myself so excuse me for disappearing. In fact right now I'm on a tablet so my response time is hampered, but I'm here ish. One sec, looking up a walk through like I did before.

Oh no, don't worry. I'm happy for any help whenever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff