Welcome to Gaia! ::

Could Wolverine's adamantium claws cut Superman?

Yes 0.225 22.5% [ 9 ]
No 0.575 57.5% [ 23 ]
Trying to figure that out made my brain hurt 0.15 15.0% [ 6 ]
Don't know enough comic lore to answer 0.05 5.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
< 1 2

Friendly Sentai

Skydron
I was walking to class this morning when I had an interesting thought.

Would Wolverine's adamantium claws be able to cut Superman?

And by Superman I'm talking blue suit with the red cape, and the S shield on the chest. The Iconic Superman. I'm well aware there's been many versions, like the Red and Blue Supermen who were electricity based for instance.

I realize there's the obvious yes - with the presence of kyrptonite and all, but would that actually be possible?

Back to the original question.
Fictional Facts:
* Superman gets his powers from his body harnesses solar radiation.
* Superman's powers includes invulnerability.
* The original Superman's skin could be pierced with an "exploding grenade".
* Wolverine is not super-strong.

Under "normal" circumstances, Wolverine's claws would be unable to pierce even the density of the Original superman's skin, since Wolvie don't have the strength or speed to match "an exloding grenade" or even close enough.

However, If Superman would be deprived of solar rays for a while ....
Then, Woulvie would be able to trash him.
... But only then!
And that, is a huge IF.
Doomsday killed Superman back in the early '90s, with the dense bone spikes on his body inflicting serious wounds on the "Man of Steel." If Wolverine's adamantium claws are anywhere near as strong as Doomsday's bone weaponry, one would think that they'd be able to penetrate Superman's skin. In any event, I'd love to see the 'ol canuckle head go at it with Superman.

Adored Admirer

Pahad Layla
Doomsday killed Superman back in the early '90s, with the dense bone spikes on his body inflicting serious wounds on the "Man of Steel." If Wolverine's adamantium claws are anywhere near as strong as Doomsday's bone weaponry, one would think that they'd be able to penetrate Superman's skin. In any event, I'd love to see the 'ol canuckle head go at it with Superman.

Let's consider a few things.

• I heard Doomsday has Kryptonite in his blood. I don't know the truth of that, but if it is true, it plays one factor.
  • It took more than several hits to make Superman bleed.
  • The bone protrusions aren't like Wolverine's claws, in that it doesn't share the same striking power.
  • Doomsday has greater strength than Wolverine.
  • Doomsday strikes harder than Wolverine.

If this was a vs. thread, it would be a spite thread.

Super Genius

Pahad Layla
If Wolverine's adamantium claws are anywhere near as strong as Doomsday's bone weaponry

They're probably not. Also, Doomsday had a lot more muscle to put behind his attacks.

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
NO! Why would that be?
That's a hard puzzle to figure out. Superman is supposed to be industructable, but Wolverine's claws are made to cut anything. Too bad they're from different universes; comic writers can't make them face each other and see,
10_Ace_of_Spades
That's a hard puzzle to figure out. Superman is supposed to be industructable, but Wolverine's claws are made to cut anything. Too bad they're from different universes; comic writers can't make them face each other and see,

Yeah, if they could get past egos and whatever. Marvel and DC teaming up again would be sweet. Maybe another visit to the Amalgam 'verse would happen. Which featured DarkClaw. Wolverine/Batman merged together.
Werewolf Lyconus
10_Ace_of_Spades

Yeah, if they could get past egos and whatever. Marvel and DC teaming up again would be sweet. Maybe another visit to the Amalgam 'verse would happen. Which featured DarkClaw. Wolverine/Batman merged together.

Really? Hm, I hadn't known DC and Marvel had teamed up before...
I believe adamantium IS indestructible and that his claws are sharp enough to cut though Superman's skin. However Wolverine is not strong enough to cut though Superman. Wolverine will be unable to apply enough force to be able to sink his claws into Superman's skin. Doomsday can do it because he's as strong as Superman. Wolverine is not that strong.

An Angry Hulk wielding Wolverine as a Weapon could probably cut though Superman's skin. But it would have to be a really really angry hulk.

Or if Dr Strange or another magic user put an enchantment on Wolverine's claws so that they bypass Superman's Aura (Which makes up for I think half of Superman's durability but not all) wolverine would have a better chance.

However Wolverine as strong as he is is not strong enough to cut Superman.
@10_Ace_of_Spades: Oh yeah dude, it happened back in the 90's I think. Before that merge cross over. They did several other things where the universes would fight against each other. One of those stories featured Jubilee and Robin being together. I think anyway. I know those two were a feature.

@Creativerealms: Yeah, when Hulk was War Bound Hulk at the time, it was said that was the strongest his anger and rage had ever been. Wolverine also having some magic on his claws would help though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff