Welcome to Gaia! ::

Could Wolverine's adamantium claws cut Superman?

Yes 0.225 22.5% [ 9 ]
No 0.575 57.5% [ 23 ]
Trying to figure that out made my brain hurt 0.15 15.0% [ 6 ]
Don't know enough comic lore to answer 0.05 5.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
1 2 >

Aged Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
I was walking to class this morning when I had an interesting thought.

Would Wolverine's adamantium claws be able to cut Superman?

And by Superman I'm talking blue suit with the red cape, and the S shield on the chest. The Iconic Superman. I'm well aware there's been many versions, like the Red and Blue Supermen who were electricity based for instance.

I realize there's the obvious yes - with the presence of kyrptonite and all, but would that actually be possible?
We have seen Superman skin being be able to withstand the heat of stars. Adamantium might the strongest manufactured metal around but is still a manufactured metal made by men who certainly aren't using the raw power of suns to melt it and crafting it all over the place.

In any case, even if adamantium were magically stronger than Superman, Wolverine isn't nearly strong enough to make it happen. It would be akin to a toddler smashing a diamond against a wall of rock.

Aged Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Thomas Wayne Jr

In any case, even if adamantium were magically stronger than Superman, Wolverine isn't nearly strong enough to make it happen. It would be akin to a toddler smashing a diamond against a wall of rock.

I suppose you were referring to something along the lines of...
--& Click!

Eloquent Streaker

Superman has been shown as being completely resistant to any melee weapon which doesn't have Kryptonite on it (they've needed to lace needle tips with the stuff just to draw blood or give him injections in the comics and animated series). So I'm doubtful as to whether Wolverine could cut him.

This isn't a fair fight in any sense of the word- Superman would destroy Wolverine.

Aged Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Requiem in Mortis
Superman has been shown as being completely resistant to any melee weapon which doesn't have Kryptonite on it (they've needed to lace needle tips with the stuff just to draw blood or give him injections in the comics and animated series). So I'm doubtful as to whether Wolverine could cut him.

This isn't a fair fight in any sense of the word- Superman would destroy Wolverine.

Never said it was a fight between them, although I do admit that the title would give that impression. I was simply putting out a random comic related question that popped into my mind earlier today.

Eloquent Streaker

Skydron
Requiem in Mortis

Never said it was a fight between them, although I do admit that the title would give that impression. I was simply putting out a random comic related question that popped into my mind earlier today.
Ah, I generally take vs threads to be fights.

In that case, I like Wolverine a hell of a lot more than Superman. The Man of Steel's too much of a goody two-shoes for me; I like the badass borderline anti-hero characters.

Aged Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Requiem in Mortis
Skydron
Requiem in Mortis

Ah, I generally take vs threads to be fights.

In that case, I like Wolverine a hell of a lot more than Superman. The Man of Steel's too much of a goody two-shoes for me; I like the badass borderline anti-hero characters.

I made the thread between classes and didn't have time to think of a name lol but yes, Wolverine ROCKS! Definitely looking forward to the next movie with him in it. He aint called America's Favorite mutant for nothing.
Considering Superman was killed by Doomsday, and he only had bone claws, it's possible that Wolverine could slice and dice the man of steel. The problem is getting close enough to use those claws.

On another note, it's funny that these two characters are concidered US icons, when Superman was made by a Canadian and Wolverine is Canadian.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Wolverine isn't an astral being by any means. He's still human despite the Weapon X upgrade. Superman's punches would most likely make a memorable mark on his rapid healing ability.

As for his adamantium skeleton, I'm not sure how long that would hold if Wolverine was beaten to a pulp.

... I'm still wondering how Logan manages to keep his teeth after getting socked by Hulk and many other strong opponents. Enamel isn't exactly bone after all.

Dangerous Visionary

Requiem in Mortis

You need to start reading Action comics now! scream Also OP yeah no I think Supes would just destroy old man Logan.

Aged Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Skye River
Wolverine isn't an astral being by any means. He's still human despite the Weapon X upgrade. Superman's punches would most likely make a memorable mark on his rapid healing ability.

As for his adamantium skeleton, I'm not sure how long that would hold if Wolverine was beaten to a pulp.

... I'm still wondering how Logan manages to keep his teeth after getting socked by Hulk and many other strong opponents. Enamel isn't exactly bone after all.

Hmm... I could be wrong, but don't teeth 'take root' directly into the jaw bone? Since his entire bone structure was coated with adamantium that would essentially lock the teeth in place.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Skydron
Skye River

Hmm... I could be wrong, but don't teeth 'take root' directly into the jaw bone? Since his entire bone structure was coated with adamantium that would essentially lock the teeth in place.

I've been wondering that for a long while now.

6,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Wolverine would win if he uses his brains & cover his suit with Kryptonite (with the help of Mr. Fantastic) & also look for places to get up higher attacks to knock Superman out of the sky.

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Superman would win against Wolverine. He is the man of steel.

Gracious Fairy

That's a cute thought, but without the help of krytponite Wolverine would have a hard time giving Supes a haircut.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff