Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Emptied out my folder this week. Woot!

Conan the Barbarian: Queen of the Black Coast #4 - I kind of liked this one though the change in art kind of threw me. I don't like how James Harren draws faces.

Wasteland #38 - Interesting stuff but something about it felt a little hollow. I guess it's because the last issue was really the climax to the arc and this was just.. I don't know. It was odd. Next issue looks to be a big ol' important one though.

Batman Annual #1 - This has the Night of Owls logo all over it but doesn't seem to connect to it at all. It was an interesting take on Mr. Freeze and whatnot and I did quite like the art, but yeah... I kept expecting it to connect to the Night of Owls a bit more strongly aside from offhand references.

The Shade #8 - An ok issue but that was it.
The collection continues on the Avengers vs X Men(AvX) with 3 copies;

AvX: Avengers #26, happened before the first engagement of both sides, good story but the art is kinds meh, still good overall.

AvX: Uncanny X-Men #11, Red Hulk vs Colossos (Juggernaut) well what else can I say? Wish it was a bit longer.

AvX #5, newly released today and a surprising twist.

Dangerous Visionary

Picking up TMNT 10 tomorrow finally. I wish Saga was out. emo
World's Finest Huntress and Power Girl #2

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
Shade #9 - Ehhhhhh.... I've been enjoying the series but something about the last two issues just haven't clicked with me at all.

Batman #10 - I actually kind of dug this. The last few issues felt a bit blah but this one turned this around a bit. Apparently #11 is the end of the arc and I'm definitely curious to see what happens next and what else Snyder has in store.

The Massive #1 - I enjoyed it but I don't think I'm in love with it yet. I'll definitely be sticking around because it's written by Wood and he rarely steers me wrong. I also enjoyed the back matter and I'm curious to learn more about the world and the characters.
Green Lantern the Animated Series #3
Bat Girl#10
Legion Lost #10
Transformers Robot in Disguise #6
Astonishing Xmen #51
Legion of Super Heroes #10

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Vol. 2 - I'm digging this. It's a bit short and quick but it's definitely a fun and enjoyable read so far.

Devoted Member

Batman Beyond #5 (I took this out of my pull list last month but got it anyway)
Nightwing #10
Astonishing Xmen #51 (yes I got it because of the wedding, but I read it and was not happy with a lot of the art, good story though and congrats to JP and Kyle).

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century 2009 - Dug it! Not too much else to say about it right now. I enjoyed it but feel the need to go back and re-read all of Century to really try and put things together, but yeah.. I dug it. Bring on Nemo!
Fables, Fairest, Aquaman, Defenders.
lostphrack
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century 2009 - Dug it! Not too much else to say about it right now. I enjoyed it but feel the need to go back and re-read all of Century to really try and put things together, but yeah.. I dug it. Bring on Nemo!
I got it too. Re-reading brings into light my thoughts that the book isn't so much about the franchising of literature (which is part of it admittedly) but I think the need to keep characters alive longer than they're needed. It's an excellent read and I have to admit I'm excited for the Jenny Nemo book that Moore and O'Neill are working on now.

Also picked up this week Prophet 26, Fatima The Blood Spinners, and Ragemoor. Screw corporate comics.

Dangerous Visionary

Saga Chapter four
TMNT 11 and Mirco Series Splinter

Good stuff all around. Especially Saga which I probably should never read on a bus again. sweatdrop It's rated M for a reason after all.
Miss-dark8607
Saga Chapter four
TMNT 11 and Mirco Series Splinter

Good stuff all around. Especially Saga which I probably should never read on a bus again. sweatdrop It's rated M for a reason after all.
Yeah I had the same feeling reading the new League of Extraordinary Gentleman book when I got to a certain page.

Max: Fury-My War Gone #4-- I was hoping for a follow up on issue 3, but, I saw more of Nick outside of fighting which I love.

Infernal Man-Thing #1-- -Foam- I am in love with Man-Thing. It sucks that its a mini series.

Red Hulk # something-- Blah, just when I was getting used to the idea that this storyline was an A-Bomb story using Red Hulk as a way to get readers, they get rid of him. Its amazing how little the Mayan temples are shown when all the covers put heavy emphasis on the ancient world. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff