Welcome to Gaia! ::

That is what I was thinking. There is this guy at my LCS who, I swear, just appears to grab #1's then scuttles off to hoard them, probably assuming he is sitting on thousands of dollars in #1 comics.
Stimulus: ADVENTURE COMICS #11
Response: Suprisingly touched

Stimulus: BATGIRL #10
Response: Guilty by association

Stimulus: BIRDS OF PREY #1
Response: Were they gone? heart heart heart

Stimulus: GENERATION LOST #1
Response: Joining those 10,000 .

Stimulus: WAR OF THE SUPERMEN #2
Response: Trying to care.

Stimulus: ASTONISHING X-MEN: XENOGENESIS #1
Response: Loved the script.

Stimulus: BLACK WIDOW #2
Response: Liked with reservations.

Stimulus: PRINCE OF POWER #1
Response: Back on form! heart heart heart

Stimulus: RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE #1
Response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_qxAWCwqI
Alright, I have to ask.

What does Return of Bruce Wayne have to do with wood staining?

Familiar Conversationalist

14,625 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
it is as exciting as watching paint dry?
"Does exactly what it says on the tin."
Wasn't sure if there was something more than that. smile
Maiadorn used to say that.
Ah, didn't know that.

My brain has been fried by fancy wording and metrics.
I didn't especially think of it as a Maiaism either.

But, yeah. Return does what it says on the tin.
It promises Bruce Wayne kicking the s**t out of cavemen, and delivers Bruce Wayne kicking the s**t out of cavemen. It also protects your wooden exteriors from the elements for at least five years.
Richard_Swift
I didn't especially think of it as a Maiaism either.

But, yeah. Return does what it says on the tin.
It promises Bruce Wayne kicking the s**t out of cavemen, and delivers Bruce Wayne kicking the s**t out of cavemen. It also protects your wooden exteriors from the elements for at least five years.

I getcha. whee
Hartley Rathaway
If the sales numbers are any indication, there's like 10,000 people out there who will buy anything with a #1 on the cover and ONLY #1 on the cover.
Comicbook collectors can follow some amusing logic. Or at least the people who intend to sell the books to collectors.

But it makes me wonder, if more people are buying issue #1 than the other ones, does that mean one could make a decent profit buying one or two #2 and #3 issues of a given co-No, that's just the same bad scheme with a different paintjob, isn't it?

Familiar Phantom

I think logic would dictate that the amount of #2s out there is more indicative of how many people are actually interested in any given comic.
Wally_West
I think logic would dictate that the amount of #2s out there is more indicative of how many people are actually interested in any given comic.
Yeah, but the people who are insane collectors or buying issue out of habit or hoping that things will get better would stick around until at least #3.

Human nature is a hell of a Variable isn't it?
And it is why we get punished with Judd Winnick at issue 13 when people don't hold on past issue 3.
Titans: Villains For Hire

I don't want him going evil again but Joey went with his dad at the end of Blackest Night. So why wasn't Jericho in this issue? X(

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff