Welcome to Gaia! ::

So...after a long think about which series are on my pull list, I'm dropping Teen Titans after being constantly unimpressed with the art and the writing and it in general :/.

It might have already been posted about already, but anyone else feeling underwhelmed by this series?
Or do you like it and think I'm mad to drop it? x3
Would like some other opinions! :3

Dangerous Visionary

I pretty much dropped all my DC titles and I regret nothing. Looking forward to the trades of Batwoman, and Batman & Robin though.

Nerd

7,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Survivor 150
MonochromeAngel46
So...after a long think about which series are on my pull list, I'm dropping Teen Titans after being constantly unimpressed with the art and the writing and it in general :/.

It might have already been posted about already, but anyone else feeling underwhelmed by this series?

Why are you unimpressed with the art?
I think it's better than most of the others I collect
IMO it's been some of the best artwork

The story isn't brilliant, but to be fair they have ONLY just assembled the Titans
I can imagine that Kid Flash's backstory is going to get SO much better

To be fair though, Tim Drake IS an a**. He is just a bit of a d***
Cassie isn't brilliant.....
It's understandable why Solstice has a stick up her a**.....but she seems decent enough
But Bunker is pretty sweet, as is Skitter

Static will probably end up joining (that would be my first guess), given that he has been cancelled
Superboy's interaction will be interesting
AS will Legion Lost (really looking forward to it....genuinely stoked)

6,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I read the last issue to keep the tie in with super boy and i wasn't impressed with it eiter, the art work is cool but the story well idk same with superboy, so far is not the best thing I've read with the new 52
that's why i prefer Batman , dark knight superman and action comics. The flash is cool and I'll start reading GL coprs and GL for sure

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
I agree that the art is pretty crappy. The story has been rather slow, but it looks set to start picking up now. I'm loving this universes Superboy and the upcoming origin story of Kid Flash sounds like it's going to be amazing.

The biggest issue I have is....the lack of Rose Wilson. :l

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Batgirl-BarbaraGordon
MonochromeAngel46

There's a s**t ton of anatomy mistakes, especially in the facial expressions. The eyes are constantly placed too high up on the face and they're often spaced too far apart and/or are slightly too small for the face as well. There are also occasionally some standing poses that are awkward and dont convey any sense of weight.

So coming from an anatomical stand point, the art is definitely lacking.

Nerd

7,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Survivor 150
Jackie-senpai
Batgirl-BarbaraGordon
MonochromeAngel46

There's a s**t ton of anatomy mistakes, especially in the facial expressions. The eyes are constantly placed too high up on the face and they're often spaced too far apart and/or are slightly too small for the face as well. There are also occasionally some standing poses that are awkward and dont convey any sense of weight.

Oh.....xD
I'm gonna have to look through my past issues again and look for this...

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I really hate the art. I don't know about anatomy, but I think Jackie-senpai is right, the bodies and the poses are all weird, the faces are ugly, and the whole thing reminds me of those 90s comics I've seen.
Honestly I only read it to find out what was Kid Flash's deal, and now I do; so I'm leaving this thing for good (I like the Tron-covers though, I wonder what's the deal there)
I'm not a fan of the pencils or inks either, but I think the colorist is pretty great.
Jackie-senpai
Batgirl-BarbaraGordon
MonochromeAngel46

This pretty much summed up why I don't like the art x3. Also, I dislike the hair...Tim's looks permanently static! (That could just be me being petty though)
I do like the colours x3. If the writing and story was better I might be able to let the art slide but it's just not doing it for me as a whole at all. I'll be interested to see the guest art coming up though!

I agree the plot may just be warming up, but I'm not feeling it x3
Nice to have some discussion + opinions :3!~

Devoted Member

I like it, and am keeping it on my pull list. I just canceled the Dark Knight and static shock (just incase they bring it back after its cancelation)... soon I will take out a few more to tighten up my budget. I am keeping the stuff I like and Teen Titants are not dissapointing me. not yet anyway.
They made Donna Troy a little more stuck up in this Comic version, but oh well.

Anyways, I was immediately uninterested in Teen Titans New 52 due to no Starfire or Raven.

xd

Devoted Member

0o CoOkiEs o0
They made Donna Troy a little more stuck up in this Comic version, but oh well.

Anyways, I was immediately uninterested in Teen Titans New 52 due to no Starfire or Raven.

xd

Donna Troy isn't in Teen Titans vol.4... not yet anyway.

Witty Darling

10,750 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
I like it so far. (Of course, my familiarity with any of it's predecessors stems from the Teen Titans cartoon, TT Go comics, and what little trade paperbacks I've gotten from the library, so I can't judge it from that aspect.) But I've read up to #5 and I'm liking where the plot is going. Superboy, Cassie and Tim have the strongest characters at the moment, but I'm looking forward to seeing the others become more interesting as time passes. I'll admit the art is cluttered sometimes, but I'm willing to give it a pass.

(I'm mostly angry that Beast Boy will be in a future issue, but he won't be green. This irks me to no end...)

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
I actually like this Series.. alot more than I liked the last series of Teen Titans when everybody was just so madly in love with each other.

Ugh Beast boy Left the Te Teen Titans cause he couldn't be with Raven and Raven left.. and blah.. It got so melodramatic.

I think this line up is pretty good and I am loving Kid Flash and Solastice. I think they are pretty fantastic. I am waititng to see what they are going to do with Wondergirl.. I lvoe the series.. and I can't wait to see what they are going to do with it.. Idk I guess I came in looking forward to the new 52.. while many people didn't like the change..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff