Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I took a short hiatus from my beloved hobby due to my terrible lack of discipline, motivation and just overall stress of a new full-time job.

Obviously, taking a "break" from your passion is never a good idea, and even though I am still terribly busy and still lacking discipline I think I'm ready to get back on the horse and try to evolve more as a writer and hopefully, in the long-term, publish a book or book(s) I can be proud of.

Okaaaay. So as cheesy as that all sounded. I'm looking for a companion, someone who, like me, struggles with their writing and seeks a beta reader and friend. Someone who can push me to write, and whom I can push back. And also someone who can give good criticism and will help me grow.
I might be interested. (I sometimes struggle with focusing on writing as well, and one can never have too many writing buddies.) What kind of stories do you like to read and write?
I write a broad spectrum of genres.

All fiction, generally fantasy or science fiction though not always.
Romance too, but I'm trying to keep the romance as more of sub-genre from now on, which may prove to be a bit more difficult.

I'm really looking for someone who's willing to commit for the long-term, because I would hate to have to keep looking for new people every few weeks.

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm a social writer. I'd love an online writing buddy. smile I write some fantasy and lately some lazy historical fiction to go with it.

You write romance? Do you prefer to write slash, het, or both? (I write lots of girl/girl, but I sometimes write boy/boy and occasionally girl/boy.)

Do you have any writing posted online? (I've got some writing here, if you're wondering about my work.)

I can definitely commit long term. I need some motivation, too; I've been slackin' off and seriously burned out.
Eep, you seem intimating with all that experience.
I'm just getting back into writing, so I'm afraid I don't have any recent examples to show.

I'll probably have a piece I can show by the weekend but it still won't be much in comparison.

x:

I do m/f but I'm totally comfortable with whatever as long as it isn't full on smut.

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm just old, that's all. (24.) I really only got back into writing a little while ago.

Do you use LiveJournal? There are lots of great communities there that keep me motivated because there are deadlines and points and prizes just for participating, so it's low pressure (you aren't judged on quality) but still enough of a kick in the pants because I want to earn badges or help my team win or whatever.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
If you're still looking I would like to be that partner you are looking for. I also have a full time job, although I am looking for a better on, and I struggle with staying on a deadline. I'm hoping a long term partner will help me get into the writing groove.

I think I write most all the genres except Non-Fiction, Fan Fiction, and Romance. Of course all my stories have a little bit of steamy romance.

If you haven't found anyone either quote me or pm and I'll post ya some examples. For now I must go to bed.

Aged Loiterer

If you're still on the look out for a long-term writing partner, I would be interested.

I've been pushing myself back into the habit of writing lately, after my current job chewed up a lot of my time. I write mostly fiction, science fiction, and a little bit of fantasy (though that has begun turning more and more into sci-fi in the last few years). Romance is neither here nor there to me; if you'd like some in the plot, we can work with it as we get to it, if not then not a problem. I can provide samples of my writing if you'd like, both long and short pieces.

The only thing, is that if you're expecting something everyday, I don't think I will be able to provide. Every other day, or every two days, will be more likely if you want quality posts.

I've rambled. Sorry.

Luminous Spirit

I'm interested.
I've been trying to get back to writing, but I get distracted easily.
I might need someone to usher me back to my goals.
Xanthophobic Shadow

If you're still on the look out for a long-term writing partner, I would be interested.

I've been pushing myself back into the habit of writing lately, after my current job chewed up a lot of my time. I write mostly fiction, science fiction, and a little bit of fantasy (though that has begun turning more and more into sci-fi in the last few years). Romance is neither here nor there to me; if you'd like some in the plot, we can work with it as we get to it, if not then not a problem. I can provide samples of my writing if you'd like, both long and short pieces.

The only thing, is that if you're expecting something everyday, I don't think I will be able to provide. Every other day, or every two days, will be more likely if you want quality posts.

I've rambled. Sorry.

That would be perfect! I can only provide a worthy amount of writing every few days anyways, my schedule is a bit crazy at the moment. But, I'm not looking for a collaboration more of someone to bounce back stories with and share critiques and ideas.

If you're still interested, definitely shoot me a PM. (:
Silently Wishful
I'm interested.

Yay, great! What genre do your write in?
Are you working on any specific story or stories at the moment? smile

Luminous Spirit

Le Royal Pain
Silently Wishful
I'm interested.

Yay, great! What genre do your write in?
Are you working on any specific story or stories at the moment? smile

I'm into Romance / Fantasy Romance.
I've got a couple stories I'm working on right now, but I'm trying to focus more on one than the other.
Are you working on anything?

Shirtless Prophet

13,275 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
I'm into writing anything. I can do three lines to semi-lit as long as we can keep it fantasy and contain some sort of coupleship. I don't ever really abandon stories. Once I start they're like a part of me.

I log on daily so we can post. I'm on MST so I crash at ten, but I do have the ability to create new works for your character to explore. If you want a sample I can give one on one of my beginning plots.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff