Welcome to Gaia! ::

Good evening sir, its come to my attention that you are still looking for a "co-author" for a zombie book yes? As it so happens as am I. I see your replies are mainly from editors which is all well and good, but you and I... Grammar concerns not the weavers of words. Yes>

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Snowblazer
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
Snowblazer
I don;t know if you are still looking for a partner or not, however I read a zombie story on wattpad a few days ago and now I would like to try my hand at a zombie story.

Quite a few of my stories are on Wattpad, now.

Look for a story by the name: Twisted Vampire Story by clevenger
Well I can't read it tonight but I look forward to reading it when I get the chance!

When ever you get time. razz

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Atlas151
Good evening sir, its come to my attention that you are still looking for a "co-author" for a zombie book yes? As it so happens as am I. I see your replies are mainly from editors which is all well and good, but you and I... Grammar concerns not the weavers of words. Yes>

Ah, my point. The editors are the ones who make the story readable for others... us writers make the stories. So behind every book or story is a good editor.

So my friend are you seeking to write a story with me?

I don't plan on doing it like a RP here on Gaia. Nope sorry that don't work for me.
But what I do plan is... sort of a give and take sort of writing.

Ok, so I post my stories on Wattpad.com a nice place for writers. Plenty of stories and people who all love to write and read.

Now a Wattpad page is nearly 2, size 14; Word Doc pages. Meaning in order to get 3 pages you need to type 6 word doc pages. Not really a problem.

Now your asking why am I saying this.... easy really... I'll write 6 word doc pages, you'll read them and then edit and write me 6 in return. Then I'll do the same... edit and then add 6 more.

This will built a story fast.

Can you do this?

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
pretty_silver11
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
pretty_silver11
I wouldn't mind joining. My work is mainly supernatural anyway smile

This would be my style as well. Vampires, Mages, Werewolf, Zombies.... I do them all.

In my opinion, these are people I can really develop in my stories more than actual humans.

Great, I think... I sort of lost track of what we where talking about... Hehehe.

But easy really... if you want to tag-team a story with me. Great. It's not a role-play, but a story where two writers share it.

6 word pages (size 14) and then send. The other edits the last bit and adds 6 more pages and sends it.... keep following and repeating this.
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
Atlas151

Ah, my point. The editors are the ones who make the story readable for others... us writers make the stories. So behind every book or story is a good editor.

I don't plan on doing it like a RP here on Gaia. Nope sorry that don't work for me.

Ok, so I post my stories on Wattpad.com a nice place for writers. Plenty of stories and people who all love to write and read.

Now a Wattpad page is nearly 2, size 14; Word Doc pages. Meaning in order to get 3 pages you need to type 6 word doc pages. Not really a problem.

Now your asking why am I saying this.... easy really... I'll write 6 word doc pages, you'll read them and then edit and write me 6 in return. Then I'll do the same... edit and then add 6 more.

Can you do this?

I hate to sound cocky but I should be able to write six pages in my sleep. Especially on this subject. Just three questions: 1) what type of zombie 2)what era 3)when can we start

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Atlas151
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
Atlas151

Can you do this?

I hate to sound cocky but I should be able to write six pages in my sleep. Especially on this subject. Just three questions: 1) what type of zombie 2)what era 3)when can we start

Umm I’m a fan of Romero style zombies. (Night of the Living Dead; Black and white or color, Dawn of the Dead, 1970-ish, Day of the Dead.) There are other movies that use this style.

Now yes there are plenty of types of zombies within the style:
*Shamblers or Walkers; they are you slow moving type that walk or brisk walk at whatever.
*Runners or Fast Zombies; they as the name implies are fast. They can for fast and forever. Dead bodies never get tired. Never need rest. So a human needs to be smart to out run one. Moving behind things and making it hard on the zombie.

Both of them two types are just dead bodies that move to find food. They have no smarts… just move till they find food and eat it. Simple, as that.

*Brain Zombies or Thinkers; these are deadly, smarter zombies that can remember how to use tools or doors. They can set up ambushes and track pray for weeks.

Smart don’t make them human levels, no. They are just smarter then the others.

I’m sure their can be others, like a strong zombie or a Bug or Bog zombie (Think a zombie who was eating by bugs, maggots and what not. And then what they would be like as they rushed you. Yup gross and smelly for sure.)

But for the rest I’m sure you get the point.

That’s the zombies, but next question should be: What about the Bite? Does it make you a zombie?
Well in my story I sort of go with the idea that it’s just anyone who dies becomes a zombie. Anyone, No matter how they die… unless their head is removed or the brain is smashed.

It’s not the bite or germs that do it. It’s just plan and simple that death brings them back as zombies. I will note on the Germs… a zombie bite is bad for a lot of reason… Think of rotten meat and how bad it is for you, then think that rotten meat had teeth and was biting you… ya pretty bad.

Death would follow most bad bites… not from some “Virus” or “Toxin” but from plan old infection and not having a real doctor around to deal with it.

One of other question could be: What started the outbreak? That one is going to be a combo theory bit no fact. Meaning it won’t come out how it started.
One idea will be a Bio-Weapon, sort of like 28 Days, or Crazies.
Or
Back to the idea of how Romero covered this one: “When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.” So as it implies hell is full and the Earth is “s**t out of luck” or that’s one idea.

For the most part I don’t ever cover the “Whys” all that much in my writing. I like to leave it a mystery.

“What Era?” You ask, easy. I love to keep this contemporary or modern day. I love to keep my writing within this time era and it’s never too hard to keep coming up with ideas and twists this way.

Now as to “When can we start?” That’s simple and easy; first we ask who wants to start. And how?

I love for us to go with the tried and true. The beginning. Yes I know been there and done that. But it’s a standard. And I like it.

So the day of the “Outbreak” will be our start point. Now remember what I said, we won’t have characters of our own… we’ll both write for them all. But we can have people we favor and like. That’s fine.

We’ll work out a simple outline between the two of us. And follow it as best as we can.

So the last questions I have is, can we do this over Email? And do you have Skype?

I find talking about it will make the story easier to write. I am not an editor and sometimes I make huge mistakes and don’t see them…. Since the words are spelled right “word” misses them.

(Collage and College; two words very different meanings. But only one letter off.)

I think we should talk more in PM, also we’ll need to learn about what times are best to get into touch with each other.

5,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
pretty_silver11
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
pretty_silver11

This would be my style as well. Vampires, Mages, Werewolf, Zombies.... I do them all.

In my opinion, these are people I can really develop in my stories more than actual humans.

Great, I think... I sort of lost track of what we where talking about... Hehehe.

But easy really... if you want to tag-team a story with me. Great. It's not a role-play, but a story where two writers share it.

6 word pages (size 14) and then send. The other edits the last bit and adds 6 more pages and sends it.... keep following and repeating this.

giveme a developing character and plot and I'll do it. smile

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
pretty_silver11
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
pretty_silver11
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
pretty_silver11

Plots are always easy for me and the same with characters.

Are emails good with you?

We should talk about the rest in PMs. razz

5,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
pretty_silver11
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
pretty_silver11
Shadow_Fall_Ninja
pretty_silver11

Plots are always easy for me and the same with characters.

Are emails good with you?

We should talk about the rest in PMs. razz

Sure smile

Profitable Trader

I would be interested, but after going through the thread it appears you have multiple people wanting to be the partner.

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
ninja Wow You've got tons of people here in the thread and I don't know if You're still willing to have a co-author burning_eyes but I am also working on a story called The Virus and the Host lately I've lost all my writers and think my co-pilot is M.I.A so if you're willing to work with me let me and I can send you what I've got
I can video chat via Skype my time zone is mountain time Email is also fine with me let me know and I'll get started on gathering my pages.

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
KuroHime_07
ninja Wow You've got tons of people here in the thread and I don't know if You're still willing to have a co-author burning_eyes but I am also working on a story called The Virus and the Host lately I've lost all my writers and think my co-pilot is M.I.A so if you're willing to work with me let me and I can send you what I've got
I can video chat via Skype my time zone is mountain time Email is also fine with me let me know and I'll get started on gathering my pages.

I think my co-writer is MIA as well. So I guess that works for me.

Umm my time zome is... AZ time... Not sure... what it is. LOL
I just moved here.

My email is: chris.s.clevenger@gmail.com

Be my guest to shoot me a email and I'll look at your story.

By the way make sure to add your gaia name into the email so I know who I am talking with.

We'll chat about skype there.

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Jason Zaire
I would be interested, but after going through the thread it appears you have multiple people wanting to be the partner.

A few people who where interested and I did speak with one guy on Skype and great ideas… but have not heard a word from him in three weeks or more. So I don’t know.
I must say I do enjoy the story so far, I would like to know a bit more about where it's going before I give any suggestions. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff