Other! 0.3 30.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 90 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Anyone out there sing/love opera? If so, what's your voice type and what's your favourite opera?

Big Snack

15,875 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Well, I don't know a lot of operas, but I played in a symphony that played Beethovan's ninth. The vocals in the last movement always give me chills, and it's amazing that he was deaf when he wrote it. It has four soloists, and a choir. It's not an opera, but, it's still amazing. What opera songs are your favorite? So I can give them a listen.

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Silent Snowflake Storm
Well, I don't know a lot of operas, but I played in a symphony that played Beethovan's ninth. The vocals in the last movement always give me chills, and it's amazing that he was deaf when he wrote it. It has four soloists, and a choir. It's not an opera, but, it's still amazing. What opera songs are your favorite? So I can give them a listen.

That's awesome! What instrument do you play? Beethoven's movements are always so haunting. They're really beautiful. Below are my favourite opera pieces:

Elle a fui la tourterella from Les Contes d'Hoffman
Je Veux Vivre from Romeo et Juilette
Meine lippen die küssen so heiss from Giuditta
Mesicku na nebi Hlubokém from Rusalka

=]

Big Snack

15,875 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Bassoon. First chair. But, it's not like a lot of people play it anyway. I'll listen to those soon <3

Princess Sleepyface
Silent Snowflake Storm

That's awesome! What instrument do you play? Beethoven's movements are always so haunting. They're really beautiful. Below are my favourite opera pieces:

=]

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Silent Snowflake Storm
Bassoon. First chair. But, it's not like a lot of people play it anyway. I'll listen to those soon <3

Princess Sleepyface
Silent Snowflake Storm

=]

Ohh, jealous! I always wanted to play bassoon. I think it has such a beautiful sound.

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
I don't sing opera or play any classical instruments but I do love some classic (opera) pieces, even though I don't listen to Classical so much.

I chose "other" because I usually listen the "Nutcracker" by Tchaikovsky if I listen to classical.

Also, I love Chopin's works, Beethoven's, Mozart's... The more known composers.

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Xolaki
I don't sing opera or play any classical instruments but I do love some classic (opera) pieces, even though I don't listen to Classical so much.

I chose "other" because I usually listen the "Nutcracker" by Tchaikovsky if I listen to classical.

Also, I love Chopin's works, Beethoven's, Mozart's... The more known composers.

Ohh, so gorgeous. Have you heard Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet? You should look it up. Its really cool music.

Familiar Friend

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Yes, I love opera. I have been classically trained ever since I was about 13. I love to sing opera, and I love the complexities and challenges of it.
I'm a first soprano and I've been avidly singing for about 6 years now.

My favorite opera would have to be, "Madama Butterfly" by Puccini.

Gracious Genius

At the moment, I'm a full lyric soprano, but I'll end up either a dramatic soprano or a dramatic coloratura soprano.

I saw the Met's broadcast of Der Rosenkavalier a couple weeks ago and now it's pretty much my favorite opera ever. I have SO MANY FEELINGS about the Marschallin. Sobbed the last fifteen minutes of the performance. God.

My second favorite is definitely Tosca.

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm a lyric mezzo, so it's Witches, Britches, and Bitches for me. Unless I do Werther, which would be LOVELY.

But no, I don't have the endurance for Opera. Opera choir is sadly the best I can hope for.

In terms of my favorite operas.... I do love Mozart's. His piano music pisses me off, but his operas are lovely. I adore Don Giovanni and Die Zauberfloette. Puccini's operas are lovely as well - I was lucky enough to visit the Villa Puccini when I was in high school - it was absolutely lovely.

I do tend to love the Baritone arias more than anything written for my voice type... What I would give to sing Vecchia Zimarra Senti....
I sing soprano 1, though don't sing opera. I do like to listen to it, one of my favorite pieces being Duettino Sull'aria Le nozze di Figaro 3nodding

goddess galaxia's Husband

Wish I could sing tenor or baritone...anyway, Sumi Jo comes to mind in terms of likable opera singers. Check out her rendition of Hijo de la Luna here

Winter Wraith's Compadre

Blessed Genius

6,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Well, I can't sing for chizz, but I do enjoy opera. Can't recall any compositions to mind though sweatdrop

Liberal Smoker

does broadway count?
nessun dorma is beautiful, but I don't sing, so w/e

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out