yavon311
Faunin
yavon311
Veils Demonic Vixen
yavon311
Exercise sucks and food is really good.
The struggle.
I'm going to be fat forever.

Exercise is amazing. It sucks yo be sore when you first start but that means you're making progress!

Food is great, but going to a gym and working out for hours, is just the best thing in the world.

Being sixteen with no job or license and not being able to go to the gym is, in fact, not the best thing in the world.

I agree that exercise isn't much fun at first but all of those really aren't excuses. There are a few really good free work out programs online, even just on YouTube, that you can do at home. That's all I've ever done and I've made amazing progress, pics in IG

You look great.o: and your cats really cute. whee
Any links you would suggest for a beginner?

Thank you! They aren't my cats but I do love them like crazy.
Fitness blender has amazing workouts. You can pick the length, difficulty and area you want to work on. They're really easy to follow and understand too.

What did you look like when you started? And how long did that take to achieve, if you don't mind me asking.

Noble Gaian

same tbh x|

Timid Kitten

yavon311
Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311

Being sixteen with no job or license and not being able to go to the gym is, in fact, not the best thing in the world.

I agree that exercise isn't much fun at first but all of those really aren't excuses. There are a few really good free work out programs online, even just on YouTube, that you can do at home. That's all I've ever done and I've made amazing progress, pics in IG

Fitness blender has amazing workouts. You can pick the length, difficulty and area you want to work on. They're really easy to follow and understand too.

What did you look like when you started? And how long did that take to achieve, if you don't mind me asking.

I was at 135 lbs (I'm 5'4" wink so I just looked rounded and my body wasn't defined at all. I worked out everyday (except for weekends) for around 45 minutes (with a difficulty of 3 on fitnessb) and it took me around a month and a half/2 months to get down to 123lbs. I didn't change much to my eating habits, just ate smaller portions. I didn't go crazy with it because really, to lose weight you have to enjoy your lifestyle, so figure something out that works for you and stick with it (:

Fatcat

!~[x] Cheri [x]~!
yavon311
!~[x] Cheri [x]~!
yavon311
!~[x] Cheri [x]~!

Every time I try to work out/run, my family makes fun of me.
And they won't buy the healthy food I want because "they don't like it" or it's too expensive.

awh well that sucks... its ridiculous that they shouldnt want to support you having good health, being your family and all... so they can go screw themselves honestly lol? and what are they olympic athletes to judge someone else for just starting out?
i guess if theyre relentlessly mean you can try keeping it on the down-low, like doing calisthenics/strength training in your room with music playing to hide sounds, or just say youre just going for a walk but then actually go for a jog instead maybe... confused and in a matter of a few months youd become in great shape anyway so they couldnt have anything mean to possibly say at that point twisted
also wtheck abt it being expensive lol.. rice, beans, basic fruits/veg is generally way cheaper than other types of foods... burning_eyes burning_eyes

The thing is, they're in worse shape than me.
What are calisthenics? And I'm not allowed to have music up loudly bc all my family does is sleep and I'll get in trouble if I wake them.
And with the food, I am rather picky.. I don't eat meats, except chicken. I don't like beans, along with most vegetables. I like carrots, some salad mix, potatoes, green beans, and corn. Fruits are good, but fresh fruit costs a lot, and I prefer that to canned fruit, so I know it's pure and fresh.

lol sounds like theyre just jealous/threatened by anyone taking any measures towards health then tbh, since they dont want to be in shape even though you do. lol
calisthenics is basically any kind of repetitive exercise you can do in your room, usually meaning body weight exercises so no equipment is necessary. you also dont even have to have loud music or any music if youre quiet.
as for buying fresh produce id just say well, it may seem expensive but you can either spend that amount of money and get a bunch of junk food, or get a less amount of fruit/veg and actually lose and maintain a weight youre happy with from eating it. also you dont have to exclusively buy that sort of thing if you really cant afford to sustain yourself on it and dont like rice/beans to get cheap healthy calories. even partially changing your diet can have a big impact.

I do play softball in the summer, but that doesn't cover year round.
My room is literally the smallest thing ever, so I don't have much room, but I'll try that.
I kind of want someone who'd be willing to work out with me, and work at about the same pace, but I don't really have any friends, especially that live close to me. I feel like that would help keep me motivated..

Fatcat

Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311

I was at 135 lbs (I'm 5'4" wink so I just looked rounded and my body wasn't defined at all. I worked out everyday (except for weekends) for around 45 minutes (with a difficulty of 3 on fitnessb) and it took me around a month and a half/2 months to get down to 123lbs. I didn't change much to my eating habits, just ate smaller portions. I didn't go crazy with it because really, to lose weight you have to enjoy your lifestyle, so figure something out that works for you and stick with it (:

Honestly I'm pretty out of shape, but it doesn't look that way because I wear my weight well, but I do have some areas that could use some major toning, specifically lower stomach area butt.

Timid Kitten

yavon311
Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311

Honestly I'm pretty out of shape, but it doesn't look that way because I wear my weight well, but I do have some areas that could use some major toning, specifically lower stomach area butt.

Then work on that! What's really nice about doing it at home is that you can literally pick whatever you want to do and be comfortable doing it.

Timid Fairy

yavon311

My room is literally the smallest thing ever, so I don't have much room, but I'll try that.
I kind of want someone who'd be willing to work out with me, and work at about the same pace, but I don't really have any friends, especially that live close to me. I feel like that would help keep me motivated..

thats cool, well at least you already know you enjoy being active as long as its something you can get into. you only need the space of your body's length lying down to do calisthenics (or even yoga) thankfully though in terms of weight loss cardio like running outside is the best.
a workout partner can be nice but also if you just rely on your own goals for motivation it can be better because you build your own independent mental strength to work hard every day on your own without someone else.

Fatcat

Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311

Then work on that! What's really nice about doing it at home is that you can literally pick whatever you want to do and be comfortable doing it.

Are there any exercises you'd suggest for those areas?

Timid Kitten

yavon311
Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311

Oh man there are a ton of different ones. I really like their butt/thigh Pilate workouts though

Velvetine Zealot

37,225 Points
  • A Magnificent Epilogue to Our Youth 500
  • Dauntless Sovereign 500
  • Melonsta X 500
Eh, depends.
Try cutting out small things from your diet.
And lift weights. I love lifting weights. You can find some for cheap at Modell's.

Fatcat

!~[x] Cheri [x]~!
yavon311

thats cool, well at least you already know you enjoy being active as long as its something you can get into. you only need the space of your body's length lying down to do calisthenics (or even yoga) thankfully though in terms of weight loss cardio like running outside is the best.
a workout partner can be nice but also if you just rely on your own goals for motivation it can be better because you build your own independent mental strength to work hard every day on your own without someone else.

It's coming up in a couple months! I can't wait! But this is my last year, because I'll be too old to play for the park.. 16 is the limit..
Hopefully this summer I can go running, that'll help.
That's true.
Thank you so much for taking you time to talk to me about this; it really helps.

Fatcat

Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311
Faunin
yavon311

Oh man there are a ton of different ones. I really like their butt/thigh Pilate workouts though

Thank you, <3

Invisible Humorist

GURL i feel that

Fatcat

Babadork
i feel u emo

holy crap your avi is so cute

Awe, thank you.
You are quite the cutie. sweatdrop whee

Timid Fairy

yavon311
!~[x] Cheri [x]~!
yavon311

It's coming up in a couple months! I can't wait! But this is my last year, because I'll be too old to play for the park.. 16 is the limit..
Hopefully this summer I can go running, that'll help.
That's true.
Thank you so much for taking you time to talk to me about this; it really helps.

ah have fun, make the most of your last year there!! blaugh
and hey no problemo. good food and exercise has really changed my life and made me so much happier so im always eager to talk to anyone else about it hahah mrgreen best wishes, youll do great

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff