Welcome to Gaia! ::

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Going in and filling out paperwork for a part time position at a local bookstore chain. Hopefully, I'll be able to wrangle up a full-time position soon, but in the meantime, at least it's a bit of income. Going to be far less able to do the fun things over the next few months, though.
I hate how companies can't even be bothered to say "Sorry you didn't get the job." -.-

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

At least some of them do. I applied for a position at Advance America, and received an email saying that they'd narrowed the applicants down, and I wasn't in anymore. At least that's something. Unlike US Bank...

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
I agree with Nekoai, and that really sucks D:
I sure hope those two avis are coincidental, or else I'm gonna suggest Mokoni find a different nurse.

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Heh. Nice one.

Just touched base with the shoe store I still hadn't heard any more from, despite a promising interview. Apparently, they aren't considering me, because they don't allow men to have hair longer than their collars, and mine is almost to my belt. I didn't notice a similar restriction in the female dress code when they showed it to me, so I'm thinking that's sexual discrimination...

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
Sure sounds like sexual discrimination to me.

Also, I didn't realize DoS's avi was dressed like a nurse XD

I've been pretty sick for half a week or so =/

Mother nature be trollin.
Disciple of Sakura

Agreed, not to mention potentially religious discrimination. And seriously, they're not considering you on account of hair? Discrimination aside, they could at least ask if you'd be willing to cut it, it's not like hair length is the same as having lots of tattoos.

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Well, only two weeks until my store closes. Got no current job prospects with the company (I applied for, and got to second interview stage for, a job an hour and a half away, but it went to someone else, which isn't entirely a surprise to me). Almost nothing coming up for the area I'm in. Just got a part time job I'll barely be making anything at, and no other job prospects right now. So much fun.

How's it going with everyone else?

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
no job since i entered grad school
Meh, this week has been nuts. I worked 11:45 to 745 last Sunday to Monday morning, then got called to work 3:45- 11:45 because someone else was sick. Then someone else called saying they were too sick to do rounds so they'd come in and head the desk. Considering that'd be unfair to the other guy, I told them to stay home and I worked that shift. Slept all day on Tuesday and pulled two more third shifts.

... Did I mention I'm a security guard now? I forget who I've told. ^.^;

Also the place where I've been posted hasn't paid me for all the days that I worked so I'm skeptical if I'll even get all that money. -.-

In short, I've been kinda overworked. sweatdrop

So the question is.... is it better to be without a job or have so many hours of work, you wanna collapse when you're off-duty?

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

I find that having a job that allows you to afford to live pretty much is exactly like that - you're so tired that you can't do anything but rest on your days off.

That's at least better than not being able to afford to put a roof over your head.

I don't think you did mention your new job, though. That sounds like it could be... interesting.

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

What're you in grad school for? Don't most grad students get some decent financial aid at least?

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
Music technology. Yea, have FAFSA Helping me pay for school itself, and my parents are helping me for now, but I had a job during all of college. I have not landed a single job or internship in my time at NYU and I feel worthless for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff