Welcome to Gaia! ::

K76
Apollinaria
Purified Envy
Apollinaria
ninja

This question has been on my mind for 2 years now since an absurdly attractive guy said he wanted to bang my brains out. He still texts and calls in hopes of getting in my panties.

I say nay.

So, what prompts men to sleep around?

To those that say "He doesn't wanna settle down.", why would a guy not want to "settle down"? What does that even mean? I don't wanna settle anywhere neutral Not like I'm offering a relationship rofl Ain't got no time for s**t.

Mommy issues? Rejection? What if they're stupidly good looking? I haven't yet heard a reason I can comprehend that justifies an attractive guy eating cookies all the time. After all, how can he feel insecure if he's so appealing, successful, etc.

Opinions, question, comments, moans of protest, howls of disgust?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Guys are not the only ones sleeping around. The sex drive of women is on an equal level.

I think the more important question is why ANYONE would want to sleep around instead of finding them self someone to settle down with.

I never said they were. I said my focus was on men seeing as I am a heterosexual female neutral A little defensive of you, no?

I'm making a reference here to serial ******** who bed hundreds of girls. Whats the psychological drive behind that?

It is an urge like all the others a million years on this planet drilled into our species. People who have strong urges to eat get fat. People who have strong urges to reproduce sleep around. The rest of us in the middle are more easily satisfied because that's just how we tick. My take

I like it. But it's interesting how no thought or consideration goes into these urges.
Apollinaria
WHlTE TlGER 2
It's an urge.
According to some news study this is news to women.

Animals follow urges. Explains everything.

Humans are animals.
Purified Envy
WHlTE TlGER 2
Purified Envy
Apollinaria
ninja

This question has been on my mind for 2 years now since an absurdly attractive guy said he wanted to bang my brains out. He still texts and calls in hopes of getting in my panties.

I say nay.

To those that say "He doesn't wanna settle down.", why would a guy not want to "settle down"? What does that even mean? I don't wanna settle anywhere neutral Not like I'm offering a relationship rofl Ain't got no time for s**t.

Mommy issues? Rejection? What if they're stupidly good looking? I haven't yet heard a reason I can comprehend that justifies an attractive guy eating cookies all the time. After all, how can he feel insecure if he's so appealing, successful, etc.

Guys are not the only ones sleeping around. The sex drive of women is on an equal level.

I think the more important question is why ANYONE would want to sleep around instead of finding them self someone to settle down with.

question
Isn't it driven by testosterone?

Yes it is. In both men and women.

So how can it be equal in men and women?
Because they're trash.

Unforgiving Bachelor

WHlTE TlGER 2
Purified Envy
WHlTE TlGER 2
Purified Envy
Apollinaria
ninja

I say nay.

question

Testosterone is always higher ibn men, but that is because the testosterone is responsible for keeping the entire reproductive system on track in males. In women, it is only responsible for arousement and sex drive. On average, sex drive is equal in men and women.
@ White tiger: What do you mean equal?

Progesterone regulates female drive to an extent.

Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it. That isn't to say they don't enjoy or crave sex but their "emotional box" is bigger than men's. Men's and women's drives are roughly equal, the difference is how they communicate this drive.

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Apollinaria
Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it.
emotion_facepalm Sweet jesus.

Anyway, I think that there are different motivations for (heterosexual) men to have a lot of casual sex. I'm sure with some men it goes back to a simple douchebag macho complex. With other men, it's because they like the intimacy of sex, but they dislike romantic relationships.

That's pretty much it. It's not that complicated. Now if a guy hounds you for months and months? Probably a douchebag.

Hunter

No man wants to be tied down. All men instinctively want to have as many sexual encounters in their life as possible. Hence; "Getting it in"

It's a man's romance to sleep around. Get over it

Adored Admirer

I only sleep in my bed.
Purified Envy
WHlTE TlGER 2
Purified Envy
WHlTE TlGER 2
Purified Envy
Apollinaria
ninja

I say nay.

question

Testosterone is always higher ibn men, but that is because the testosterone is responsible for keeping the entire reproductive system on track in males. In women, it is only responsible for arousement and sex drive. On average, sex drive is equal in men and women.

Are there any studies to support that its's equal?
When I google it all I find are studies saying men's is higher. I can't find one scientific study saying that a women's is just as high as a mans.

Shameless Nerd

16,100 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Some women sleep around too. I'm sure they do it for a lot of reasons, but maybe they just like sex.
I care about your opinion
No man wants to be tied down. All men instinctively want to have as many sexual encounters in their life as possible. Hence; "Getting it in"

It's a man's romance to sleep around. Get over it

There's nothing to "get over". Its amazing how hostile you all are. It was an open ended question due to genuine interest in the male perspective on this.

Edit: I don't want to be tied down either but it doesn't mean I whore myself out.
Apollinaria

Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it. That isn't to say they don't enjoy or crave sex but their "emotional box" is bigger than men's. Men's and women's drives are roughly equal, the difference is how they communicate this drive.

That the intensity of the sex drive for men and women is the same.
Robot Giny
Apollinaria
Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it.
emotion_facepalm Sweet jesus.

Anyway, I think that there are different motivations for (heterosexual) men to have a lot of casual sex. I'm sure with some men it goes back to a simple douchebag macho complex. With other men, it's because they like the intimacy of sex, but they dislike romantic relationships.

That's pretty much it. It's not that complicated. Now if a guy hounds you for months and months? Probably a douchebag.

Fact. Though part of it is attitude. I have a female friend who is a serial ******** and she admitted to doing it out of need for validation and childhood traumas.

And its not about the guy, though yes, he's an a**. I'm intrigued as to the motivation.. My dad slept around his whole life too. Though I can't go asking him "WHY?!" LOL.

- off cell, can't reply properly.
WHlTE TlGER 2
Apollinaria

That the intensity of the sex drive for men and women is the same.

Womens studies are overlooked because women want to believe men are assholes. I actually did see an article a few months ago on our medical reference database (only students and profs have access) and will dig it up for you in a bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff