9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Raptor Alpha
Headhunter can go ******** itself

Headhunter SWAT with only jetpacks.

*rubs hands maniacally*

It seems that 343 is stepping up the gameplay and breaking the 10yr old mold.

Sprinting is now a permanent ability, which has some fans speculating it may play more like CoD.
But also an X-ray vision mode like Batman: Arkham Asylum.

These perks or abilities don't seem like such bad things, they're definitely welcome changes and it's the way the franchise has to go if it wants to compete with FPS like Crysis or CoD.

I'm slowly looking forward to what 343's complete multiplayer product is going to look like. It's definitely interesting.

Gentlemen.
Raptor Alpha
Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand.

*Hugs.*

We can do it, we were so close both times. Stay positive, bro!

I don't care
I'm still free
You can't take the skies from me.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Eris Zephyr
Raptor Alpha
Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand.

*Hugs.*

We can do it, we were so close both times. Stay positive, bro!

I don't care
I'm still free
You can't take the skies from me.

Headhunter SWAT with jetpacks only!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886
Raptor Alpha

Headhunter SWAT with only jetpacks.

*rubs hands maniacally*

It seems that 343 is stepping up the gameplay and breaking the 10yr old mold.

Sprinting is now a permanent ability, which has some fans speculating it may play more like CoD.
But also an X-ray vision mode like Batman: Arkham Asylum.

These perks or abilities don't seem like such bad things, they're definitely welcome changes and it's the way the franchise has to go if it wants to compete with FPS like Crysis or CoD.

I'm slowly looking forward to what 343's complete multiplayer product is going to look like. It's definitely interesting.

Gentlemen.

No firefight? Halo: Space Call of Duty? Custom loadouts? Umm...guys? WTF happened to exact same loadouts so their can be even gameplay and trying actively to get to the better weapons? The campaign better be ******** BOSS because the multiplayer is shying away from what made Halo good, that is, NOT CoD.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Halo had always been using the old FPS formula, dating back to Doom.

If Halo hopes to survive in an ever changing genre it has to make changes. Sprint, custom loadouts, etc are all a step in the right direction.

I honestly enjoy Modern Warfare's multiplayer over Halo 3. It's just more fun. MW2 wasn't that bad, but it had a lot of glitches to exploit. Gameplay was still better than Halo 3 though, despite glitches.

The idea of customizing my Spartan for specific needs is actually better. I don't want to race towards the center of the map and get mauled for a sniper rifle. I want to spawn with the sniper rifle and a side arm and snipe, not get caught in the crossfire trying to make it out with it.

Reach did good with the custom loadouts, it was a step in the right direction. Testing the waters. Although 343 ******** that up with tampering with them because of the minority of complaints. I'm looking forward to seeing sprint be an available standard perk. I'm hoping roll, double jump, active camo, and armor lock make it in also.

The multiplayer needed improvements.

As for the single player, I've seen some screen shots and...I'm disappointed. You're told a new enemy, but every screenshot I've seen has you fighting the Elites and Covenant. The Covenant disbanded after 3, sure I expect remnants of them to linger around...but the Elites rejoining? What's that all about?! 343 better explain this or at least fix it!

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
Preston886

If Halo hopes to survive in an ever changing genre it has to make changes. Sprint, custom loadouts, etc are all a step in the right direction.

I honestly enjoy Modern Warfare's multiplayer over Halo 3. It's just more fun. MW2 wasn't that bad, but it had a lot of glitches to exploit. Gameplay was still better than Halo 3 though, despite glitches.

The idea of customizing my Spartan for specific needs is actually better. I don't want to race towards the center of the map and get mauled for a sniper rifle. I want to spawn with the sniper rifle and a side arm and snipe, not get caught in the crossfire trying to make it out with it.

Reach did good with the custom loadouts, it was a step in the right direction. Testing the waters. Although 343 ******** that up with tampering with them because of the minority of complaints. I'm looking forward to seeing sprint be an available standard perk. I'm hoping roll, double jump, active camo, and armor lock make it in also.

As for the single player, I've seen some screen shots and...I'm disappointed. You're told a new enemy, but every screenshot I've seen has you fighting the Elites and Covenant. The Covenant disbanded after 3, sure I expect remnants of them to linger around...but the Elites rejoining? What's that all about?! 343 better explain this or at least fix it!
Screenshots now, please? if this is true i am going to be even more disappointed in Halo 4. the story is progressively getting worse ans worse to me.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Raptor Alpha
Preston886

Screenshots now, please? if this is true i am going to be even more disappointed in Halo 4. the story is progressively getting worse ans worse to me.

New Game Informer has them. May edition.

Sexy Fox

Preston886
"I honestly enjoy Modern Warfare's multiplayer."

"I honestly enjoy Modern Warfare's multiplayer.:

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE. D8
MW2/3 sucked like hell.
MW2 was better than 3, but the original is still far superior to both.

It's why I no longer have MW2, and selling MW3 once all the DLC is released, so I can 100% it and not give a flying frag.

I'd honestly kill myself, if I had more than one life, if CoD continues the way it is, year after year of the same s**t is tedious and gets boring fast.
-n-;

As for Halo 4, I do hope some good things come out of it.
Like better camo, somewhat close to H3's.
Reach's was...terrible. Mostly because of the radar jammer.

/end 2cents/rant/etc.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kochou Rairakku
Preston886

MW2/3 sucked like hell.

It's why I no longer have MW2, and selling MW3 once all the DLC is released, so I can 100% it and not give a flying frag.

I'd honestly kill myself, if I had more than one life, if CoD continues the way it is, year after year of the same s**t is tedious and gets boring fast.
-n-;

/end 2cents/rant/etc.

MW scaled leveling system mixed with MW2's weapons and perks= The Balance. eek

Too bad MW2 gave you all the good guns 1st. I didn't bother with MW3 because it was just bad. After the campaign I was like alright, I'm done.

Worst CoD game was Black Ops. I honestly had a 2.0 kill streak going just by using the olympic shotgun, tomahawk, and C4. I went 40-3 in one match! ONE MATCH! I was the lowest ranked and came out an MVP!

Sexy Fox

Preston886
Kochou Rairakku
Preston886

MW2/3 sucked like hell.

-n-;

/end 2cents/rant/etc.

MW scaled leveling system mixed with MW2's weapons and perks= The Balance. eek

Too bad MW2 gave you all the good guns 1st. I didn't bother with MW3 because it was just bad. After the campaign I was like alright, I'm done.

Worst CoD game was Black Ops. I honestly had a 2.0 kill streak going just by using the olympic shotgun, tomahawk, and C4. I went 40-3 in one match! ONE MATCH! I was the lowest ranked and came out an MVP!
Nah. MW2's "balance" caused a s**t storm.
Plus the knifing is getting out of hand. :u

MW3? You mean 2.5.
emotion_awesome
-Shot-

I swear, Treyarch would have to do something big to get me to buy BO2, otherwise, screw you CoD.

I think that's why people liked BO more. xD
It was easier for them to get high K/D.
Plus the zombies.

I take it you're not going to bother when BO2 comes out?

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886

First off, the new books have the elites not part of the covenant but still wary of the humans, in the sense that they fought for so long and still hold grudges because even though the war was based on a lie, BILLIONS were killed. You don't get over that quickly. Like Lord Hood said, "I can't forgive you for what your people did to mine, but I can say thank you." The latest book still has forerunner fanatics who still believe in the Great Journey and that the Prophets were just blinded by greed/power/whatever. I see a few (not the entire race) of Elites maybe finding the Forerunner world as the end of the Great Journey...but I agree that'd be kinda weak.

In Elite slayer, when there ARE custom loadouts, EVERYONE gets the needle rifle or the needler. Why? Because they're the best weapons. One goes boom and tracks the enemy, the other is a high rate of fire precision weapon. If there ARE custom loadouts the majority of matchmaking (or infinity, whatever the hell they're calling it now) will have a sniper rifle and shotgun and it'll be a snipefest.

NOW, the single thing I like about this in some small way is that Spartans still have SHIELDS. That was my biggest gripe I have with CoD and MW as a series. If you ******** up a TINY bit, you die. Honestly, that's the reason I have NEVER picked up any game in those series. Its a videogame. I don't want to get killed by a single bullet. I like to run and gun. You can't really do that with great effect in CoD and MW.

In Halo and ALL previous FPS before the hyper realism of MW and CoD, you had a health bar. You could take damage. In this you get sprayed for one second and you're dead. MW CoD style gameplay WITH stronger people MIGHT be fun. And as far as custom loadouts go, I hope its something along the lines of:

Better scope for BR but increased weight decreases accuracy/bloom.

Switching to single shot, increases accuracy but same damage per bullet (still need to pump in X rounds to kill opponent.)

Longer barrel to increase accuracy but reduces magazine size due to weight.

Shorter barrel to increase rate of fire but decrease accuracy.

Depleted Uranium rounds to increase damage but limited capacity per match, say one mag.

Active camo but 25% shields.

Increased speed but less melee power and not being able to use heavy weapons.

More armor/stronger shields but decreased speed.

I've never played Team Fortress 2 but apparently the class system they had REALLY balanced the gameplay even though you had superfast/weak and superslow/POWERFUL players to choose from.

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
Saw the screenshot and it looked like it was out of a cutscene. The grappling with the elite doesn't seem like gameplay.

@Kaiser: Are you talking Elite slayer in Reach? Because not "everyone" has Needle Rifles and Needlers.
There are Plasma Pistols, Rifles, and Repeaters in the mix too for each loadout.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Raptor Alpha
Saw the screenshot and it looked like it was out of a cutscene. The grappling with the elite doesn't seem like gameplay.

@Kaiser: Are you talking Elite slayer in Reach? Because not "everyone" has Needle Rifles and Needlers.
There are Plasma Pistols, Rifles, and Repeaters in the mix too for each loadout.

I like the idea of it being a cutscene, and I'm talking about people ONLY using the needle weapons. When elite slayer comes up, I find that people ONLY use those two weapons. It might be because of Evade or Active camo, though, but the other weapons are trash because they overheat.

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
Kaiser Khronos
Raptor Alpha

I like the idea of it being a cutscene, and I'm talking about people ONLY using the needle weapons. When elite slayer comes up, I find that people ONLY use those two weapons. It might be because of Evade or Active camo, though, but the other weapons are trash because they overheat.
Oh, well yeah. that is true. Evadin all over the place lol

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Raptor Alpha
Kaiser Khronos
Raptor Alpha

Oh, well yeah. that is true. Evadin all over the place lol

What do you think of my customization ideas earlier up on this page?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff