Welcome to Gaia! ::

Plan on getting Bungie's 'Destiny'?

Yes 0.41666666666667 41.7% [ 35 ]
No 0.1547619047619 15.5% [ 13 ]
Maybe 0.13095238095238 13.1% [ 11 ]
What's that? 0.29761904761905 29.8% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 84 ]

Interesting Informer

Sorry, this year's E3 just keeps blowing my mind.

Interesting Informer

Kaiser Khronos
The Epitome of Resilience
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886
Still not getting Halo 4.

That's so funny. You couldn't have been satisfied with Halo 3s ending. So many loose ends. 6 other HALO installations and the Chief adrift in space. What Bungie said 4 years ago was that BUNGIE wasn't going to be doing anything more with master chief. Not only that, but most of the original bungie crew jumped ship to 343, Chief is still their baby. They can do what they want.

Ya'll gettin' it G?

Preston doesn't have to, we'll have much fun with 4, 5 and 6, new forge, new everything, Feels good to play 50 v 50 custom games with team ultimate grifball slayer zombies with custom game weapon mods on a stadium the size of 5 forge worlds. cool

OMG....

User Image

PCs can do that NOW...imaging when 2013 the consoles would have NEW HARDWARE...Halo 5 is going to be revolutionary.
Utopia needs to get the ******** out of matchmaking

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886

That's so funny. You couldn't have been satisfied with Halo 3s ending. So many loose ends. 6 other HALO installations and the Chief adrift in space. What Bungie said 4 years ago was that BUNGIE wasn't going to be doing anything more with master chief. Not only that, but most of the original bungie crew jumped ship to 343, Chief is still their baby. They can do what they want.

It ends on a fantastic note.

The Human-Covenant War is over, the Flood have been defeated, the Covenant have disbanded and the Sangheli return to their homeworld.

The Master Chief can finally rest easy knowing everything is finished. The fight is done for.

The Chief is lost in the vast emptiness of space, left drift for as long as he can.

The opening for the shield world was originally intended to be a tie in to the Marathon games, but that was retconned and changed.

I prefer if the Master Chief stay in stasis, that his fate was left open ended.

Instead of a Halo 4 and not having an original idea, how about we explore the soldiers lost on Onyx? Give them a game title and maybe subjugate Master Chief in there. Not another title featuring MC because his story wads told and finished.
Raptor Alpha
Papa Final Faux Pas
I've made the decision to never play Invasion again unless I have at least one friend with me.
The amount of guests, quitters, and afc's I get is just...maddening.
Dude, I know what you mean! It's so damn annoying!
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side.

I play with a s**t ton of Invasion whores, so I'm good.

We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I.
Preston886
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886

The Human-Covenant War is over, the Flood have been defeated, the Covenant have disbanded and the Sangheli return to their homeworld.

The Master Chief can finally rest easy knowing everything is finished. The fight is done for.

The Chief is lost in the vast emptiness of space, left drift for as long as he can.

The opening for the shield world was originally intended to be a tie in to the Marathon games, but that was retconned and changed.

Instead of a Halo 4 and not having an original idea, how about we explore the soldiers lost on Onyx? Give them a game title and maybe subjugate Master Chief in there. Not another title featuring MC because his story wads told and finished.
Days go on forever

Hm... I want at least a game to focus on the Spartan IIs and IIIs in Onyx. Though I'll end up crying regardless because William-043 is dead.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886

It WAS just a teaser. Suppose it focuses on the OTHER spartans and the chief is just a minor character? Or you could choose which spartan to play as, each with their own story?

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Then 343 should get an original name for the title and focus it on someone else.

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886

It WAS just a teaser. Suppose it focuses on the OTHER spartans and the chief is just a minor character? Or you could choose which spartan to play as, each with their own story?
Ahahahahaha-no. The Chief is the main character. They wouldn't of shown such a big entrance with him if he wasn't. Also they said they were going to wrap his story up. I hate it's another trilogy. If they really cared and wanted to wrap it up they would do it with one game instead of three more. This is just an excuse to get as much money as possible. If the games are fun that's fine. If the story is good that's fine. And if the multiplayer is fun that's also fine. But that's all. Good and fine. It won't be great and awesome like the previous games. They will all fall short.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
I would have preferred something along these lines:

Covenant PoV games
Halo Wars 2
Halo Squad Shooter
Halo: ODST 2
Halo Battlefront
Contact Harvet- Sgt. Johnson
Onyx- The other Spartans

Something original.
Eris Zephyr
Raptor Alpha
Papa Final Faux Pas
I've made the decision to never play Invasion again unless I have at least one friend with me.
The amount of guests, quitters, and afc's I get is just...maddening.
Dude, I know what you mean! It's so damn annoying!
Days go on forever

I play with a s**t ton of Invasion whores, so I'm good.

Alright guys, story time.

Eventually me and a friend got on, decided to play some Invasion.
Per the usual, we didn't do too bad but we got skunked on Boneyard. The time being what it is we decided to make the next game our last. We prayed to the Bungie for guidance and that our other teammates not be AFC's or guests.

Next game, we get match up with two people with guests. Crap.
Opponents? A team of friends with two Heroes, a General, a Colonel, A Major, and a Warrant Officer.

Now you can say rank doesn't matter in terms of skill, which is true, but it also shows how familiar with the game someone is. Meaning the guys on our team who had guests, no matter their skill or familiarity, would be visually impaired due to splitscreen while their guests were very likely to just be awful.

Believing that we had been forsaken by the Bungie, my friend and I decided to keep one goal in mind. We would fight them every step of the way, we'd dive right into their sights and come out swinging, win or lose. Most importantly, we'd make every step of the game a pain in their a**.

We started out as defending and it wasn't looking good, one side would be constantly rushed meaning me and my friend would have to split up constantly due to poor coordination with the rest of our team. Nevertheless, we fought them back and damn near skunked them but eventually we were overwhelmed. Knowing the second round would not bode well if we remained passive we decided to become Aggressive, fighting them at every turn and gunning down anyone that got past us for a time. As to be expected they secured round two and were making their way to the core.

We knew two things secured victory, the sniper rifle and the Banshee. My friend and I took turns with both, using them until they were beyond use or were killed. They never got the core to the platform.

When our turn to attack came, we did so with gusto. The other four were constantly getting massacred just by two of the Red's so we opted to take out the rest. Eventually the other four stopped attacking, meaning the entire Red team was against us.

Against us and doomed to fail. Through a haze of gunfire and explosives we held our position, watching each others backs until the timer counted down to zero. We held our next position at the sniper spawn, cutting down the Red's as their addled minds sought to take the weapon from my friend. When that grew tiresome I grabbed the shotgun and led the charge to take the Spire. Knowing that camping in the zone would only invite plasma grenades I opted to stay out in the open, drawing fire until my friend secured the area.

We killed them all.

From there we rushed the Banshee spawn, as fate would have it my friend was closest so he took the prize while I finished off the unfortunate Red's who thought they could get past me to EMP it. Grabbing the Fuel Rod Gun I noticed that something was amiss when it it me. We were two men down. Not that it mattered, we had tied against what was supposed to be a team with advantages in everything from experience to coordination but my friend and I had heard their trash talking. They had thrown the gauntlet and we had vowed to respond in equal measure with fire and glory. I don't know how many I killed with the Fuel Rod, frankly I say it wasn't enough.

Someone grabbed the core, probably the guest when tragedy struck. My friend's controller batteries died, sending him and his banshee plummeting into the unforgiving sea. For the rest of the match he struggled with a controller that turned on and off. Sensing our momentary weakness, the Red's attempted to quell the fires of our vengeance as they entrenched themselves at the drop zone. I led the charge once more into their ranks while my friend stayed behind with a sniper rifle, picking off what he could when his power allowed it.

Then, we scored.

Outnumbered, outranked, and outmaneuvered but we still won. As the Pelican sore off into the sunset carrying the embodiment of our glory, the two of us turned to face the Red spawn as we believed they would attempt the customary swarming for one last attempt at vengeance and t-bagging.

None dared step forward.

tl;dr
This is by far my favorite game of Halo. Of all time.

Bulk, my friend..my comrade. 45 kills and 14 deaths.
Valor, myself. 41 kills and 15 deaths.

We believed in the Bungie and they have bestowed upon us their favor. Never again shall we falter from their path.

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
Hey! i'm extremely new to playing halo on xbox live. up till now i've just been playing split screen and campagn haha
although i pretty much suck i'm still up for playing a match with pretty much everyone.
can't get better if i don't make mistakes and learn from them eh?
anyway, if anyone wants to play a match or 2 PM me so i know who you are and i'll give you my GT
i'm not all that great. my best score is 14 kills in a round of swat. i was playing on my brother's account so it counts as his haha.

Interesting Informer

Preston886
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886

Technically we're doing that lol

First mission probably sees us getting used to zero-g thruster controls by flying into the shield world

They should give us a time limit, MC only has 90 minutes of recycled oxygen

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Preston886
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886

First mission probably sees us getting used to zero-g thruster controls by flying into the shield world

No, you're assuming that. Until 343 announces an actual plot, it's still about Master Chief and wrapping up his story in 3 more games and milking him for all it's worth.

Interesting Informer

Preston886
Preston886
Kaiser Khronos
Preston886

No, you're assuming that. Until 343 announces an actual plot, it's still about Master Chief and wrapping up his story in 3 more games and milking him for all it's worth.

Why else would he be heading towards a shield world?

the "story" that was finished was "finishing the fight", but now it's probably "finishing the fight" with the COVENANT, exclusively, heading towards a shield world means there's something to do with the forerunners, and the forerunner's main enemy? The Flood

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff