22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Persephone_xx
Xiam
Persephone_xx
Xiam
Coming in late on this, but what the hell.

The Ice Dervish
Just because you like someone does not make you entitled to a relationship with them. Someone isn't an a*****e if they only want to be your friend.

There is no "Friend Zone". You're just an entitled brat who thinks that if you're nice to someone that they are expected to date you. Come at me idiots, there is no counter argument to this that wont make you sound like you have downs.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back this the ******** up.

There is undisputedly a "Friend Zone." It's the area where you're "just friends," as opposed to lovers. You can't ******** deny that's not a thing. It doesn't even have to be a negative thing.

Now, you can say all you want about "nice guys" who are not, in fact, nice guys, because they're just angsting about not getting in her pants, but for ******** sake, what do you think a "Friend Zone" is supposed to be?

Um, have I friendzoned all of my female friends that I don't want to sleep with? Since I'm attracted to females as well as males?

Uh... how the hell is your general attraction supposed to matter in a lack of attraction to specific individuals? Because this could still occur even if you were only attracted to males. Or if only attracted to females, could happen towards males. It's just sort of a general principle that, strictly speaking, all friends are in the "friend zone." It's just not acknowledged unless one individual is attracted to another.

Just saying...

I said this above, but this is called "being friends". And if you're attracted to me and I don't return the feelings either move on or stop being my friend. Don't hang around me in hopes I'll change my mind.

Right. It's a metaphorical zone in which you are friends. That's ******** all it is. It's just semantics.
Xiam
Persephone_xx
Xiam
Persephone_xx
Xiam
Coming in late on this, but what the hell.

The Ice Dervish
Just because you like someone does not make you entitled to a relationship with them. Someone isn't an a*****e if they only want to be your friend.

There is no "Friend Zone". You're just an entitled brat who thinks that if you're nice to someone that they are expected to date you. Come at me idiots, there is no counter argument to this that wont make you sound like you have downs.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back this the ******** up.

There is undisputedly a "Friend Zone." It's the area where you're "just friends," as opposed to lovers. You can't ******** deny that's not a thing. It doesn't even have to be a negative thing.

Now, you can say all you want about "nice guys" who are not, in fact, nice guys, because they're just angsting about not getting in her pants, but for ******** sake, what do you think a "Friend Zone" is supposed to be?

Um, have I friendzoned all of my female friends that I don't want to sleep with? Since I'm attracted to females as well as males?

Uh... how the hell is your general attraction supposed to matter in a lack of attraction to specific individuals? Because this could still occur even if you were only attracted to males. Or if only attracted to females, could happen towards males. It's just sort of a general principle that, strictly speaking, all friends are in the "friend zone." It's just not acknowledged unless one individual is attracted to another.

Just saying...

I said this above, but this is called "being friends". And if you're attracted to me and I don't return the feelings either move on or stop being my friend. Don't hang around me in hopes I'll change my mind.

Right. It's a metaphorical zone in which you are friends. That's ******** all it is. It's just semantics.

It's a pretty new term that was created to describe how people are put in a "zone" despite being "so perfect" for their friend. My opinion is coming from that version of the term.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Persephone_xx
Jazin Kay
Persephone_xx
Yes. That's how it's used. It has no inherent negative connotation.
I think the other term for that is "being friends with someone".
Yep. 3nodding
The Master Builder
How does the friend zone not exist? As I understand it, being put in the friend zone means that someone is not willing to see you as anything more than a friend. If I understood correctly, then if a female friend is not attracted to you and unwilling to consider you as anything more than a friend despite your desire to take it to the next level with her, then isn't it valid to say that you're stuck in the "friend zone"?

Anytime Pseudo-Intellectual libtards have an opportunity to look smart or insightful they will intentionally over complicate something really simple. The irony with these Pseudo intellectual liberal retards is that even though they all think they're independent free thinkers they just rip each other off and end up saying absolutely nothing new nor insightful at all. In fact it's incredibly shallow and stupid.

Look at the OP's argument along with every other retarded female on this forum who argues this point, they basically say "I FIND THE PHRASE FRIEND ZONE OFFENSIVE THEREFORE IT DOESN'T EXIST AND ANYONE WHO SAYS IT DOES IS JUST A VIRGIN WHO'S DESPERATE AND PATHETIC. LOLOLOL LOOK HOW MATURE I AM!"

This whole trend of "DAH FRUEND ZONE DUSNT EXIST!!! SEXISM PATRIARHCY!!!" has been said a million times now in the LD and a million people have already made threads about it, all equally retarded.

Hey retards The Friend Zone is not a metaphysical place, it is a metaphor that is useful because with just three words you explain a relationship between two people. One person likes another person more than a friend, but that other person only views that one person as a friend. Therefore the one person is in the friend zone.

For you morons who can't comprehend what a metaphor is, they aren't literally in a place. It's just a description to explain a situation a particular person is in and a relationship status between two specific people.

Also for the claim that "You aren't entitled" Who the ******** said that anybody was entitled to any form of relationship? Last I checked there's no legal obligation to date anybody for any reason, so wtf are you even complaining about?

You females literally will find sexism and complain about it in places where it doesn't even exist. Oh yeah I use the word "places" as a hint of irony considering The Friend Zone isn't even a place it's a metaphor you ******** idiots.
XXxxElectric_RainbowXXxx
What would it be if someone doesn't want to date you and doesn't want to be your friend?

It's called "they aren't your friend."

I know it took a genius to figure that out.

Guys, this isn't complicated.

The Friend Zone is not complicated.

Stop trying to shoe horn in complication to make yourself seem intelligent.
bubbleblas
If there is no friend zone, then what is it called when my best friend/past crush has no interests in me that way so we are now only best friends? I don't mind the friend zone but I don't think we can deny it's existence.

NO NO NO SITUATIONS LIKE THAT NEVVVVVERRRRRRRRRRR HAPPEN!
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
You can't blame people for getting mad about being "friend zoned," though. And if you think they don't deserve to feel angry then you don't have much empathy.

You have to admit... It sucks to go out of your way to go after a girl, and to do everything in your power to show you're good enough... and then be kicked in the balls and told to ******** off, basically. And then you see her a week later with some f** with a nicer face or more money than you.

emo

When a guy gives me rides home from work, I do not owe him sex. When a guy offers to buy me an icecream, I do not owe him sex. When I guy tells me how beautiful I am, I do not owe him sex. And yet then they get angry that I won't sleep with them after "all they've done for me".

No.

What they're mad about is:
A. Society tells them that being nice towards women, doing favors for them, and giving them what they want is the way to attract women (yeah I know it sounds dumb, but this is what we're told "Be a gentlemen" however men learn eventually that this is bullshit. Some just take longer than others.)

B. The vast majority of women, and perhaps even the specific woman in question has discussions with the guy about what she looks for in a man (AKA the typical bullshit, none of it being true at all 99% of the time) which includes being nice, listening to her, being there for her when she wants comfort..........

SERIOUSLY I ACTUALLY WROTE THIS s**t? HAHA IM A ******** IDIOT HONESTLY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The guy does all these things, and the woman that he specifically wants ends up dating a douchebag who isn't nice, who doesn't do favors for her, isn't there to comfort her. Basically the underlying point I'm saying is that the guy she ended up going for is a contradiction to everything she claims she looks for in a man.

Therefore after this whole cycle has ended, the guy who is angry and did not get the girl he wanted is not angry out of entitlement. He is angry out of frustration.

This is hard for women to understand, but to be honest women have no idea what it's like to approach 20 women and to be rejected by every single one. Women have no idea what it's like to be rejected over and over and over again. For the vast majority of men, our success rate in attracting women is very small. Even the most attractive men will have quite a large rejection rate, and the average man has a significantly higher rejection rate. The only way any man can find a woman is by repetition and large numbers.

WHO THE ******** SAYS THIS s**t? SRSLY I MEAN SRSLY? IMMA RIGHT?!?! NOW IM COPYING A MEME THATS REGULARLY USED CLICHELY ON THE INTERNET WTF?????? CLICHELY ISNT A WORD DUMBASS WHY DID I JUST WRITE THAT I DONT KNOW I HAVE NO ******** CLUE WHAT THE HELL IM WRITING IM JUST WRITING WHATEVER IS THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MY MIND WITH NO THOUGHT OF COHERENSE AT ALL>>>>>>>>>> I CITIZENS DO NOT CARE AT ALL ABOUT COHERENCE AT THIS SPECIFIC MOMENT WTF LAWLAWLLOLOL SRSLY WTF?????????????????????????????!!?!?!!@J!OJ!KJ!LKJ!LK!JLSJFKJSDF APPLE SAUCE SHAKE BACON

Women simply don't live in the world men do when it comes to dating, therefore it doesn't surprise me that women don't know what it feels like to be rejected 20 times in a row, and then on the 21st woman when the man thinks he may have a shot, fits what she says she likes, she ends up dating a man who is contradictory to everything she claims to want in a man.

So the point I'm making is that men don't get angry about this because they feel "entitled" it's because they're frustrated at failing to attract women over and over again. Men vary when it comes to how fast they learn about what really attracts women. Some men learn quickly, and other men fail over and over again becoming more and more frustrated, but eventually they will learn the golden rule that what women say and what women do is usually two different things.

Men don't feel entitled to women, they get frustrated at consistent and repetitious failing mixed with a hypocritical society that tells them lies and refuses to be honest about what really attracts females. In fact as far as I can tell, fem
ales are completely oblivious to what they themselves even are interested in a male. There have been sociological studies confirming over and over again that women are consistently attracted to men with power, resources, and high social status. Yet the vast majority of women will say being attracted to those things aren't important to them and is "shallow."

I honestly don't even know why I'm writing this though because I already know the reactions I'm going to get. Men are going to understand what I'm talking about, but the women aren't going to understand what I'm talking about. They're going to bring up how women get rejected to and therefore draw a false equivalency between men and women in the dating realm. Yeah women do get rejected, but any average woman of average attraction first of all doesn't have to do the approaching and all the courtship like the man does, and secondly they don't experience the sheer number of rejections that a man does in a row consistently over and over again. Women will experience maybe a couple in their life time and think that's what it is like being a male. Haha no, they really don't have a clue.

However like I said, I may get a few thumbs up from some males, but virtually all the females who even bother to read what I say will just dismiss what I say automatically and think I'm just angry at women and that's the only possible explanation for what I said because there's no other possibility for me to say what I said and bringing up my intentions in no way shape or form is ad hominem logically fallacy.

Just dismiss everything I say, why does it matter anyways? Who cares what I said, I certainly don't anymore and don't even know why I made this post lolol. I think I'll sprinkle my post with random colors.

TLDR OF MY POST: In a world without rationality, communication is pointless. So instead of reading my bullshit post, let's just watch MARIO and succumb to nihilism!!!!!Yayy my post is completely and utterly pointless so don't even bother reading it. Mario is more entertaining mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen

Ichbindumm
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
You can't blame people for getting mad about being "friend zoned," though. And if you think they don't deserve to feel angry then you don't have much empathy.

You have to admit... It sucks to go out of your way to go after a girl, and to do everything in your power to show you're good enough... and then be kicked in the balls and told to ******** off, basically. And then you see her a week later with some f** with a nicer face or more money than you.

emo

When a guy gives me rides home from work, I do not owe him sex. When a guy offers to buy me an icecream, I do not owe him sex. When I guy tells me how beautiful I am, I do not owe him sex. And yet then they get angry that I won't sleep with them after "all they've done for me".

No.

A. Society tells them that being nice towards women, doing favors for them, and giving them what they want is the way to attract women (yeah I know it sounds dumb, but this is what we're told "Be a gentlemen" however men learn eventually that this is bullshit. Some just take longer than others.)
B. The vast majority of women, and perhaps even the specific woman in question has discussions with the guy about what she looks for in a man (AKA the typical bullshit, none of it being true at all 99% of the time) which includes being nice, listening to her, being there for her when she wants comfort..........

The guy does all these things, and the woman that he specifically wants ends up dating a douchebag who isn't nice, who doesn't do favors for her, isn't there to comfort her. Basically the underlying point I'm saying is that the guy she ended up going for is a contradiction to everything she claims she looks for in a man.

Therefore after this whole cycle has ended, the guy who is angry and did not get the girl he wanted is not angry out of entitlement. He is angry out of frustration.

This is hard for women to understand, but to be honest women have no idea what it's like to approach 20 women and to be rejected by every single one. Women have no idea what it's like to be rejected over and over and over again. For the vast majority of men, our success rate in attracting women is very small. Even the most attractive men will have quite a large rejection rate, and the average man has a significantly higher rejection rate. The only way any man can find a woman is by repetition and large numbers.

Women simply don't live in the world men do when it comes to dating, therefore it doesn't surprise me that women don't know what it feels like to be rejected 20 times in a row, and then on the 21st woman when the man thinks he may have a shot, fits what she says she likes, she ends up dating a man who is contradictory to everything she claims to want in a man.

So the point I'm making is that men don't get angry about this because they feel "entitled" it's because they're frustrated at failing to attract women over and over again. Men vary when it comes to how fast they learn about what really attracts women. Some men learn quickly, and other men fail over and over again becoming more and more frustrated, but eventually they will learn the golden rule that what women say and what women do is usually two different things.

Men don't feel entitled to women, they get frustrated at consistent and repetitious failing mixed with a hypocritical society that tells them lies and refuses to be honest about what really attracts females. In fact as far as I can tell, females are completely oblivious to what they themselves even are interested in a male. There have been sociological studies confirming over and over again that women are consistently attracted to men with power, resources, and high social status. Yet the vast majority of women will say being attracted to those things aren't important to them and is "shallow."

I honestly don't even know why I'm writing this though because I already know the reactions I'm going to get. Men are going to understand what I'm talking about, but the women aren't going to understand what I'm talking about. They're going to bring up how women get rejected to and therefore draw a false equivalency between men and women in the dating realm. Yeah women do get rejected, but any average woman of average attraction first of all doesn't have to do the approaching and all the courtship like the man does, and secondly they don't experience the sheer number of rejections that a man does in a row consistently over and over again. Women will experience maybe a couple in their life time and think that's what it is like being a male. Haha no, they really don't have a clue.

My reply is PROBABLY not going to be that long, haha. I understand where you're coming from. I can only speak from my own experience as well as things I've seen happen around me.

I am not looking for a relationship. This is something that comes up fairly soon with every person I meet, because that's just how conversation flows apparently. I don't necessarily want this trait or that trait, I'm just not interested in relationships. And a few guys will say to me, "Oh, but I can change you." And I say no, I'm not interested. And I figure they forget about it because that just seems logical to me and I make friends with them and then one day they mention something about how all the girls are only dating jerks. I take it upon myself to explain that not all girls are dating jerks and that all of my friends' boyfriends have been very nice. This will move on to him listing all the girls he tried to get with but who passed to be with "jerks" which is so crazy because they talk about wanting a NICE GUY and he's a NICE GUY and all of those girls are self absorbed sluts anyway.

Um, okay. But they're not sluts, they're going to be with someone who makes them feel special and who they want to be with, I say. Yeah, I dunno, says he. I guess I'm just going to give up on relationships for a while. HEY, I know you don't do relationships. Guess what, I'm super mega awesome in bed. At this point I just raise an eyebrow and am like, No buddy, I don't think so.

BUT YOU'RE SO NICE AND BEAUTIFUL AND FUN, IT WOULD BE PERFECT.
Hah, that's sweet, but I'm not interested.
COME ON, YOU KNOW, I GIVE WAY MORE HEAD THAN THOSE OTHER JERKS.
Um. My sex life is fine, thanks.
I KNOW YOU SLEEP WITH OTHER PEOPLE, WHY NOT ME?
I don't see you like that.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN? HOW DO YOU SEE ME?
I guess as a friend. It would just be really weird for me.
YOU'RE FRIENDZONING ME?
Well, if you don't want to be friends-
I GAVE YOU RIDES, I'VE BEEN SO NICE TO YOU AND I THOUGHT THAT WE HAD A CONNECTION.
Look, I'm not going to sleep with you.
WHATEVER, YOU'RE A SLUT ANYWAYS.

^THAT, my friend, is the kind of jerk who uses friend-zoning as an excuse for not getting laid (and that I've dealt with, sigh). Sure, it can be frustrating for a guy to have a hard time impressing a girl, but that does not give the guy the right to assume that all women are idiots because they only date "jerks" (as I said before, all of my friends' boyfriends have been very nice and not at all entitled) and the only reason they can't get laid is because they're so nice, when in reality they're acting like absolute douchefaces. If I know anything about what I'm attracted to, it's that listening to a guy whining about getting placed in the friend zone is not a turn on.
Persephone_xx
Ichbindumm
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk

emo

No.

Men don't feel entitled to women, they get frustrated at consistent and repetitious failing mixed with a hypocritical society that tells them lies and refuses to be honest about what really attracts females. In fact as far as I can tell, females are completely oblivious to what they themselves even are interested in a male. There have been sociological studies confirming over and over again that women are consistently attracted to men with power, resources, and high social status. Yet the vast majority of women will say being attracted to those things aren't important to them and is "shallow."

My reply is PROBABLY not going to be that long, haha. I understand where you're coming from. I can only speak from my own experience as well as things I've seen happen around me.

I am not looking for a relationship. This is something that comes up fairly soon with every person I meet, because that's just how conversation flows apparently. I don't necessarily want this trait or that trait, I'm just not interested in relationships. And a few guys will say to me, "Oh, but I can change you." And I say no, I'm not interested. And I figure they forget about it because that just seems logical to me and I make friends with them and then one day they mention something about how all the girls are only dating jerks. I take it upon myself to explain that not all girls are dating jerks and that all of my friends' boyfriends have been very nice. This will move on to him listing all the girls he tried to get with but who passed to be with "jerks" which is so crazy because they talk about wanting a NICE GUY and he's a NICE GUY and all of those girls are self absorbed sluts anyway.

Um, okay. But they're not sluts, they're going to be with someone who makes them feel special and who they want to be with, I say. Yeah, I dunno, says he. I guess I'm just going to give up on relationships for a while. HEY, I know you don't do relationships. Guess what, I'm super mega awesome in bed. At this point I just raise an eyebrow and am like, No buddy, I don't think so.

YOU'RE FRIENDZONING ME?
I GAVE YOU RIDES, I'VE BEEN SO NICE TO YOU AND I THOUGHT THAT WE HAD A CONNECTION.

^THAT, my friend, is the kind of jerk who uses friend-zoning as an excuse for not getting laid (and that I've dealt with, sigh). Sure, it can be frustrating for a guy to have a hard time impressing a girl, but that does not give the guy the right to assume that all women are idiots because they only date "jerks" (as I said before, all of my friends' boyfriends have been very nice and not at all entitled) and the only reason they can't get laid is because they're so nice, when in reality they're acting like absolute douchefaces. If I know anything about what I'm attracted to, it's that listening to a guy whining about getting placed in the friend zone is not a turn on.

YA WHO CARES WHAT I SAID ITS DUMB ANYWA, THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT.

Ichbindumm
Persephone_xx
Ichbindumm
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk

emo

No.

YOU'RE FRIENDZONING ME?

YA WHO CARES WHAT I SAID ITS DUMB ANYWA, THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT.

I just spent time and effort on that ): ):
Ichbindumm
XXxxElectric_RainbowXXxx
What would it be if someone doesn't want to date you and doesn't want to be your friend?

It's called "they aren't your friend."

I know it took a genius to figure that out.

Guys, this isn't complicated.

The Friend Zone is not complicated.

Stop trying to shoe horn in complication to make yourself seem intelligent.
that is not what I meant. Friend zone is stupid because even if the person knows you don't like them, they would still complaining saying you friendzoned them. There is going to be no winner in this argument.
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk

emo

Why do you even go with them in the first place? If this is a normal thing in your life then maybe you should stop leading random guys on.

(Seriously though, isn't that common sense? No guy wants to take you out to ice cream for fun. Unless they're gay. Don't do cutesy things with guys unless you expect them to come onto you. Do you want ice cream that badly? You can get a bucket of it for like $3.)
Jacque De Molay
Masochist Marduk
If being nice doesn't get you love then what else on earth does?
Power. Money. Being hot. Pretty much everything EXCEPT being nice.

eonsadrlft's Pardner

Fluffy Cat

10,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Married 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
"There's no such thing as a friend zone. It's called being a b***h."
Bless that quote.
Masochist Marduk
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk

emo

Why do you even go with them in the first place? If this is a normal thing in your life then maybe you should stop leading random guys on.

(Seriously though, isn't that common sense? No guy wants to take you out to ice cream for fun. Unless they're gay. Don't do cutesy things with guys unless you expect them to come onto you. Do you want ice cream that badly? You can get a bucket of it for like $3.)

Um maybe because we were supposed to be friends and that's what I do with my friends. I buy my friends icecream and coffee all the time when we go out and they return the favour to me. Tell me exactly how that's leading them on.

And I have other guy friends who aren't gay or jerks who love getting icecream, so I don't see your argument there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff