Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi guys, I'm doing a survey about reading, products, etc.
If anyone is interested in filling it out that'd be great!

(Only provide if you feel comfortable).
Name:
Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read?

2. How often do you read?

3. Do you read for pleasure, school, work, etc?

4. What do you like about reading?

5. What types of books do you like to read?

6. How many books do you own?

7. Do you prefer physical books or reading them digitally?

8. Do you like comics?

9. Do you read at night?

10. Where do you typically keep your books?

11. When you read in public spaces, do you find it difficult to block out distractions, noise, etc?

Additional Questions

1. What is your favorite thing to do at work? Home?

2. Name a simple product(s) that you use everyday that you can’t go without. (Ex: Hair brush).

3. Do you prefer products that are made out of a certain material? (Ex: Plastic).

4. When purchasing a product, what aspect about the product do you look for first? (Ex: Color, Material, Size, Durability, Price etc).

Thank you! cool

Rainbow Lover

1. Do you like to read?
yes
often
pleasure
stimulating my imagination
fiction, fantasy, self-help
Less than 50
physical books
8. Do you like comics?
web comics
9. Do you read at night?
Majority of my reading is at night
The books I'm working on or just recently read I keep on my dresser, unread books and books I finished a while ago I keep in my closet.
11. When you read in public spaces, do you find it difficult to block out distractions, noise, etc?
Most of the time. I try to avoid noise when I read.
    Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read?
    Yes

I read everyday. It's everywhere. The streets, school, this site... But for books, I usually read them every now and then. I've had a book to read for the last few months albeit I am not constantly reading.

Pleasure mostly.

I'm not really sure. I like stories.

I read a lot of genres. Usually teen fiction/romance. I love the sci-fi books though.

Out a my books, like ten. My sister reads more than I do in terms of books and she has... Well, would you like to see the whole stack?

I like both forms but I prefer physical.

8. Do you like comics?
    I don't tend to read them, I don't know when I ever read one. I might like them if I read them.

9. Do you read at night?
    Oh yes.

My room... in the corner.

It depends. Usually I don't have a difficult time.

Additional Questions

I don't have a job. I like to be on the computer at home. Role-playing.

2. Name a simple product(s) that you use everyday that you can’t go without. (Ex: Hair brush).
    I would say Cochlear Implant but I haven't worn it at all today.

3. Do you prefer products that are made out of a certain material? (Ex: Plastic).
    It depends?

4. When purchasing a product, what aspect about the product do you look for first? (Ex: Color, Material, Size, Durability, Price etc).
    It depends.

Benevolent Smoker

1. Do you like to read?
Love it.
As often as I can.
Pleasure.
How it can suck you in and make you care about the characters.
Horror, comedy, sifi, drama, almost anything.
About 20? Can't remember.
Physical.
8. Do you like comics?
Love'm. They're only some stories that can be told in comic form.
9. Do you read at night?
Yes.
On my shelf.
Not not at all.
BIJINKEI

Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read?
yes

every other day

pleasure/school

i enjoy educating myself

educational, mostly.

about 6 or 7 that i actually read.

physical

8. Do you like comics?
yes

9. Do you read at night?
yes

floor
lol

yes

Additional Questions

work: N/A home: video games

wrist watch, hair gel, contacts, cell phone

plastic is usually cheap. i prefer metal, but specifically stainless steel or some form of aluminum alloy.

color

Thank you! cool
you're welcome.

Bloodsucker

Name: Danielle

Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read?
My favorite pastime

Let's just say I read a book a week- sometimes I finish early though and read two.

All of the above. Mostly for pleasure though.

When it comes to fiction, I love venturing into another person's imaginary world and how they perceive things. Like little details when they are describing a character's attributes, personality, their little quirks. I look at people more in depth now and notice things I otherwise wouldn't notice. It also helped me a lot when I'm dealing with my own personal issues, and can relate to one of the protagonist or antagonist in the book. Of course, reading is a great way to escape reality.
And Non-fiction, the knowledge that I gain from reading the book.

All kinds. I never stick to one genre. I mostly enjoy adventure and mystery. Never could get into the whole romance. Sorry Nicholas Sparks~

I had the urge to seriously count them all just now... but I'm estimating maybe a little over 150.

Physical. I stare at a screen all day at work. I want something there, to flip the pages, to smell.

8. Do you like comics?
I enjoy them but do I specifically go out my way to read them, I would have to say no. (I read the occasional manga though)

9. Do you read at night?
The only way to tire my mind to go to sleep.

I live in a one bed room apartment with one book shelf... that hardly can contain all of my books. For now they are laying around in piles or in a box in my closet until I find room.

I'm excellent at blocking out distracting noises, it's my mind that causes the most issues with my concentration levels.

Additional Questions

At work- clock out. At home- study, eat, watch TV, gardening, reading of course, internet, xbox, 3ds. I have many things.

Deodorant.

Not really- I'm not a fan of this certain texture that I have no idea how to describe. But it gives me goosebumps and makes me cringe.

4. When purchasing a product, what aspect about the product do you look for first?
I ask myself "Do I really need this? Am I going to be using this in 4 days when the novelty runs off?"

Demonic Kitten

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read?

Yes, have since I was little.

As often as possible!

Pleasure.

The story and the ability to imagine what's going on within the pages.

Fantasy, Mystery and Poetry.

Too many to count!

Gods yes, I will never ever own an e-reader. They could die off for all I care.
Absolutely love the smell of old books. Physical cover and pages forever!!

8. Do you like comics?

Could take or leave them, only ever read them online now. Read a manga series in high school.

9. Do you read at night?

Not usually, since the dark hours are to be spent with my girlfriend, but I have.

Bookshelf in bedroom but if currently reading one, then in the living room.

I have only ever read magazines in public, never actual books.
I need complete silence while reading, even one person talking ruins my concentration and I'll not know what I've read.

Additional Questions

1. What is your favourite thing to do at work? Home?

At work, talk with fellow co-workers. At home, be online or read.

Laptop/computer, toothbrush, toothpaste and hair brush.

When it comes to jewellery, for example, I prefer metal but anything else doesn't matter much.

If something is on sale, that's a big deal for me. If clothes shopping, I gravitate towards dark and jewel tone colours. Obviously want things to last too!

Gaian

BIJINKEI

1. Do you like to read?
8. Do you like comics?
9. Do you read at night?
1.Yes I love to read.
2.Twice maybe three times a week.
3.Pleasure.
4.I enjoy getting lost in the story and using my imagination.
5.Crime novels.
6.Unless I counted I'm unsure.
7.Physical books only.
8.I used too not really anymore.
9.Yes
10.On the Sofa, In the park or in Bed.
11.No.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Name: Christian

Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read?
Sho' do.

Anytime I've got the time and inclination. I read at least a little bit every day.

Pleasure and knowledge.

All of the things. Every thing. I appreciate that I could hypothetically master entirely new disciplines without any teachers, and I enjoy reading about fantasy adventures and the like.

Fantasy, science fiction, horror, history, martial arts, science, philosophy. I'll read just about any kind of book. I enjoy graphic novels and manga but I doubt those count, somehow.

I'll leave it at "several hundred" because while I was momentarily tempted, I'm not getting up and counting them all. So. Several hundred.

Physical books -- kindle and such are cool, but I don't own one, and scrolling around and turning pages on my desktop PC is more of a pain than it really should be.

8. Do you like comics?
Sho' do.

9. Do you read at night?
I'm mostly awake at night; I have to.

On my bookshelves whaaaaaaaaat

Not really.

Additional Questions

My favorite thing to do at work is eat my lunch. My favorite thing to do at home is anything I feel like, whimsically. I practice martial arts a lot? I include it in everyday things I'm doing, like getting into the fridge and walking around.

I can go without anything. I really like having clothes and brushed teeth, though.

I... wood, I guess...?

Whether I like it or not whaaaaaaaaat
Durability and usefulness are pretty important too, though. And I won't say I ignore things like color and texture, either.
Name: February Mist

Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read? Yes

2. How often do you read? Varies a lot, from hours a day to once a week or so.

3. Do you read for pleasure, school, work, etc? Mostly pleasure, I hate reading for school!

4. What do you like about reading? I am very visual and enjoy imagining other worlds and people in them.

5. What types of books do you like to read? Detective mostly

6. How many books do you own? 100+

7. Do you prefer physical books or reading them digitally? Physical books

8. Do you like comics? I haven't read many

9. Do you read at night? Yes sometimes

10. Where do you typically keep your books? In bookcase or very nearby if I am currently reading it, it will be on the nearest available table

11. When you read in public spaces, do you find it difficult to block out distractions, noise, etc? Sometimes it's hard, sometimes I'm just lost in the book and don't notice

Bashful Bookworm

Name: Stephanie

Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read? Very much!

2. How often do you read? It varies. I can ready a book in a day or two and keep reading all month. Or it can take me 6 months just to finish one.

3. Do you read for pleasure, school, work, etc? Pleasure.

4. What do you like about reading? Depends on the book. Some are an adventure, some are informative.

5. What types of books do you like to read? Anything really, as long as it's well written.

6. How many books do you own? Ohman, I don't even want to count them. Lots.

7. Do you prefer physical books or reading them digitally? Physical is preferred, but I won't complain over digital ones.

8. Do you like comics? Yes, though they're not my preference reading type.

9. Do you read at night? Day, night, whenever.

10. Where do you typically keep your books? On my bookshelf or one that I'm reading in my purse.

11. When you read in public spaces, do you find it difficult to block out distractions, noise, etc? Not really. I tend to get so engrossed in my book it all becomes background noise.

Additional Questions

1. What is your favorite thing to do at work? Home? At work I work. At home I like to laze around, go on the computer, play games, read books.

2. Name a simple product(s) that you use everyday that you can’t go without. (Ex: Hair brush). Food and water are a pretty big thing.

3. Do you prefer products that are made out of a certain material? (Ex: Plastic). Depends on what the product is.

4. When purchasing a product, what aspect about the product do you look for first? (Ex: Color, Material, Size, Durability, Price etc). How I'm going to use it and if it's worth the price in both it's quality and how often it'll be used.

Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read?
Sure.

I used to read nightly. My current SO is very clingy though and I never get the time anymore. confused

Pleasure.

Absorbing information.

Mostly non-fiction.

30 or 40 probably.

I prefer to own a physical copy but read them digitally.

8. Do you like comics?
Yes.

9. Do you read at night?
Only ever really at night.

All in boxes currently because I've moved a few times in the past year.

I don't read in public. Aside from things like public transit, it's pretty attention seeking to just whip out a book.

Additional Questions

I work two jobs so it varies. I don't get much home time.

I could give you a jackass answer like air, but as far as material possessions go I'm surgically attached to my iPad.

Depends on the product.

Price mostly.

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read?
Yes.
Everyday.
Pleasure and for school
It helps me think, write and formulate sentences better. It's also generally fun to read fictional works.
I go for science fiction,comic books,fantasy books.
Uh, it's in the 100s. Though my personal collection is about 20 books.
Reading them digitally! I have a tablet and it's very good for reading, also more convenient for highlighting and taking it places.
8. Do you like comics?
YES
9. Do you read at night?
Yes.
I have a small bookshelf
Sometimes. When theres extremely loud conversations near me, then yes. Especially if the author has a more complex writing style and it isn't just dialogue.

Additional Questions

Unemployed. At home I like to read comics.
Deodorant
I don't have a preference.
PRICE

Anxious Lunatic

Book/Reading Questions
1. Do you like to read?
I do.
Every day, but sometimes more or less than that.
Pleasure, school, and to learn on my own time (I read the Astronomy magazine).
It's an easy format from which to gain information from, and it's also really easy to visualize what's happening, if it's a story.
Novels, scientific material (especially astronomy and chemistry), and manga/comics.
How many grains of rice could you fit in the grand canyon? That number.
Physical. You can take it anywhere, and access it any time.
8. Do you like comics?
I do. It's a combination of art and literature that's just awesome.
9. Do you read at night?
Yes.
Backpack, bookshelves, in the bathroom, scattered about on any horizontal surface in my house...
Yes, which is why I love reading while listening to music.

Additional Questions
Work: draw (I'm a student this is sometimes a bad thing), and at home, draw.
iPod. I would not be able to function without my music.
I like metal.
Practicality, durability, convenience, necessity, attraction (will I want to continue to use this thing or will I get sick of it within 10 minutes of buying it).

Adorable Fisher

Name: Sumire

Book/Reading Questions

1. Do you like to read? Yes.

2. How often do you read? Two or more hours per day.

3. Do you read for pleasure, school, work, etc? Pleasure.

4. What do you like about reading? You can forget everything and enter into somebody else's world.

5. What types of books do you like to read? Autobiographies, travel books, history texts, fashion texts, etc. Mostly non-fiction.

6. How many books do you own? Too many to count. Piles on many bookshelves, all over everything in my house.

7. Do you prefer physical books or reading them digitally? Physical.

8. Do you like comics? Yes~

9. Do you read at night? Yes.

10. Where do you typically keep your books? Everywhere. They lay wherever I put them down.

11. When you read in public spaces, do you find it difficult to block out distractions, noise, etc? Nope.

Additional Questions

1. What is your favorite thing to do at work? Home? At home: Write. Talk to my boyfriend. Sing.

2. Name a simple product(s) that you use everyday that you can’t go without. (Ex: Hair brush). Hair elastic. Shaving razor.

3. Do you prefer products that are made out of a certain material? (Ex: Plastic). Just well made products out of quality materials, whatever they are.

4. When purchasing a product, what aspect about the product do you look for first? (Ex: Color, Material, Size, Durability, Price etc). Is it well made? Is the price telling the truth about how flimsy it actually is?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff