Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Elder

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
i know im not the best artist but there was no reason to say stuff like that you think it help but some of us are really hurt by what most of you say i know it's construtive critism but it can damage people and make them not want to do anything anymore so i hope your proud of yourselves for making other feel bad about themselves

If you're interested in speaking to me about the situation that occurred, please message me I would enjoy hearing what you have to say. Your input will be held and used as a way to not improve but clarify my supposed wrong doing.
Xo-Rainbow Suicide-oX
and thats the problem!

[...]

I planned on make it a 10 chapter story and ending but i can't seem to think of anything to continue from this page!

Oh! Don't worry about that!

By the time you have acquired some basic drawing skills, I am sure you will have thought of something.
Do your quotes imply that she has had surgery to change from male to female bodied?

How old is she?

Wheezing Elder

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Old Dirty Hank
Do your quotes imply that she has had surgery to change from male to female bodied?

How old is she?

its female to male and shes 27

Wheezing Elder

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Benjamin van Adin
Xo-Rainbow Suicide-oX
and thats the problem!

[...]

I planned on make it a 10 chapter story and ending but i can't seem to think of anything to continue from this page!

Oh! Don't worry about that!

By the time you have acquired some basic drawing skills, I am sure you will have thought of something.

=_____=

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kay, I have some problems with the presentation. If you're going to put the text on the computer, maybe get a better font and make the words actually fit in the speech bubbles and narration boxes. Though it would be easier to just hand-letter. Even if your lettering skills aren't that neat, it tends to look better.

Another thing is you need to turn up the contrast, which is very simple to do in any basic program. It's all gray and hard to see, made even worse by the black letters on pale drawings. You don't have to ink if you're doing this quickly and for fun, but you should still have neat, solid pencil lines/shading with the right contrast. Make life easier for the readers.

There are also many anatomy problems, but I won't go into them unless you want me to, since that's a bit more time-consuming and people are more likely to baww when that's picked at. There are others here more qualified than I am to critique your figure drawing/composition anyway.

As for the story-telling, just think of interesting scenarios and write them down before doing the actual pages. Planning ahead just a little bit will help your work flow, and you won't search for panels to draw at the last second with each page. Create a clear problem or introduce a character who causes said problem. Make the characters search for a solution. What does the character have to do about his situation, etc. Whatever you have to do.
Please. Please please please please please, do not use that font for your comics. Ignoring everything else about your comic, your font is just...no. Here, let me help you. This is a great website for comic fonts.

The font aside, I would like to address your panel layout. To be honest, it took me a few re-reads to figure out which way I was supposed to read this. Left to right is the right way to do it, and you're doing good on that note. I don't see any establishing shots, however, and thus you give us no idea where your characters are. All I see are a bunch of facial close ups and a bunch of people in plain, white backgrounds. You need to show establishing shots (panels that have the surrounding area of your character) to let your readers know where your characters are, and what's going on. If you don't, the only person who will understand this will be you and the people you explain it to. I know you're just doing this for fun, but I think it's fun to write a GOOD, understandable comic, rather than one that's just a jumbled mess. So, I'd like to see some establishing shots to let us understand a little better.

Also, on the panel note. Panels need to be seperated by (as Scott McCloud calls them) gutters, or space, between each panel. Take a look at this comic page. See the way that there's space between each panel? That helps the reader imagine the motion between the panels, and also just plain out looks neater and better. There are some instances where space between panels isn't neccessary, but that really depends on what's going on in the comic (note also: there was an establishing shot in that comic page, and we all knew exactly where the woman was, and what she was doing, even without the dialogue).

I'm not even going to address the whole plot issue. You should have your story planned out before you start it; beginning, middle, end, and everything inbetween.

You seem to have some practice drawing faces (note: SOME), but the rest is just...bad. I'm sorry, but you really need to do some drawing from life, because humans just do not look like that. In particular, I think your hands annoy me the most. It's obvious at points where you conveniently hide the hands so that you don't have to draw them, and it just makes you look lazy. Draw hands from life. Draw them as realisticly as possible. Do this constantly for a month or two, and then you'll have a better understanding of how they work, and thus, be able to draw them more accurately.

Your anatomy in general is just...bad. People don't look like that. Again, just draw from life. If you draw all the people you see around you as realisticly as you can for a few months, I can guarantee you'll see a major improvement in your artwork. Everyone sucks at some point of time, but drawing from life will really help you improve.

Be sure to have all your text bubbles fit the text comfortably. I can see where the text overlaps. Adjust the bubbles to the size of the text, not vise versia. Oh, and never write your text on an angle; it just looks plain horrible.

I know this probably all comes off as rather harsh, but I'm just trying to help you improve your comic. Good luck! :3

Tipsy Codger

Other things not mentioned:

You might want to run words you're not sure about through a spell checker or something.

It's spelled 'definitely'. Little stuff like that can really pull readers out of your story.

Another thing, the song that playing in the background? It really confused me, I kept mixing it up with dialogue. I dunno, you might want to show the source of the music in some kind of establishing shot. Like, if the first panel showed the whole room to establish setting so your characters aren't in some void you could show a stereo or something. Then it wouldn't be confusing.

As far as trying to come up with more story, I dunno man. It can be hard. Try to think of a purpose for your comic. What's the overall point you want to make with your comic, message, theme. Stuff like that. Get the broad picture first, and then focus in on the characters and settings. Once you have a broad idea the little stuff should fill itself in.

Wheezing Elder

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
I GIVE UP ******** THE COMIC ******** DRAWING IM DONE!! I ASK FOR ADVICE NOT ******** CRITIQUES I WANTED HELP NOT YOUR ******** COMMON CRITISM SO GUESS WHAT YOU CAN GET ON YOUR ******** KNEES AND SUCK ME GAIA CUZ IM DONE WITH YOU IM JUST ******** DONE I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS FOR THREE ******** YEAR THREE YEARS AND I AM FINISHED

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Xo-Rainbow Suicide-oX
Waaaaaah
Oh quit whining. Nobody likes a crybaby.

You've received perfectly good constructive critique/advice that can help you become a better artist/comic illustrator. But, clearly, you're not interested in improving.
Xo-Rainbow Suicide-oX
I GIVE UP ******** THE COMIC ******** DRAWING IM DONE!! I ASK FOR ADVICE NOT ******** CRITIQUES I WANTED HELP NOT YOUR ******** COMMON CRITISM SO GUESS WHAT YOU CAN GET ON YOUR ******** KNEES AND SUCK ME GAIA CUZ IM DONE WITH YOU IM JUST ******** DONE I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS FOR THREE ******** YEAR THREE YEARS AND I AM FINISHED

Yeah, critiques are supposed to help you improve. xP Generalized advice only goes so far.

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Xo-Rainbow Suicide-oX

Here, borrow my handkerchief and wipe up some of that snot. And stop sobbing. It's not dignified.
Xo-Rainbow Suicide-oX
i know im not the best artist but there was no reason to say stuff like that you think it help but some of us are really hurt by what most of you say i know it's construtive critism but it can damage people and make them not want to do anything anymore so i hope your proud of yourselves for making other feel bad about themselves

how do i posted forums

Wheezing Elder

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Kupocake
Xo-Rainbow Suicide-oX
Waaaaaah
Oh quit whining. Nobody likes a crybaby.

You've received perfectly good constructive critique/advice that can help you become a better artist/comic illustrator. But, clearly, you're not interested in improving.

i don't cry. it's near impossible for me to cry. so stfu

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Xo-Rainbow Suicide-oX
i don't cry. it's near impossible for me to cry. so stfu

Someone needs to take a nap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff