Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Naya Merai
Leothalis v2
Naya Merai
So I hear there's been a lot of cracking down in CB. Yeah I may be a CBer and biased but I think you should do some filtering out of junk and inappropriate things in GD too. I mean they do go way overboard, a lot of it is pic dropping including negative drops, and it just seems to me ever since Life Issues subforum was moved out of GD, its really become a trash dump. Sure there are some decent topics here and there in GD. But I think it still needs major cleaning up and you need to do more over there too to clean it out.
They'd need a lot of mods for the GD, since it's just a really nasty place.
And they just don't have the manpower currently.
User Image
█████████████ ████████xxxN a y a . M e r a ixxx████████ █████████████

Yeah I know they'd need a lot of mods but that really isn't a reason to not mod an extremely messed up forum section. I think they need to dedicate a weekend for mods to put aside things and go work on cleaning up the GD

█████████████ ████████xxx© E x c u s e . M e ! ©xxx████████ █████████████
I believe they have a mod or two (unless soundblast no longer is assigned there) and that alone isn't enough.

A weekend, even if it were a wistful thing, wouldn't be enough.

SakeMana's Princess

Naughty Nymph

30,725 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
As much as I love reading pointless arguments between users. From what I can tell the users fall into two categories. The sane ones who understand that these guidelines have always been in place and respect the corporations decision to reiterate these facts because apparently some people just aren't getting it and everyone else. All those who are complaining about freedom of speech, that they're being censored, that Gaia is being unfair.

Guess what, if you were to say some of those things on the list, you could be arrested on the spot. Why? Because those subjects aren't a joking matter. It's nothing to do with censorship, it's everything to do with public safety. That's what this website is, it's a virtual public hang out.

And as far as 'freedom of speech' not everyone using Gaia is an American. Not everyone has that luxury. And even though Americans do, their are certain limitations to this freedom, such as being unable to shout fire in a crowded building.

If all you can do is whine about how the guidelines are being unfair and unjust, then perhaps you aren't mentally mature enough to be interacting with others on this site. If you can't cooperate with the rules that have been the foundation of this site since its creation, and all you can see fit to do is whine about how 'unjust' the treatment is. There's always another option.

You could leave.

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
*deletes profile* my profile is dirty emotion_facepalm

what if its 2 friends saying sexual things or joking around and calling each other the bad names surprised

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Damia Roncartia
Leothalis v2
emotion_awesome
-hands Leothalis a spice weasel-
BAM WITH ME!

heart
BAM!

Now for some plutonian slugs? emotion_awesome

Cat

Leothalis v2
You could probably use a lot of this for the essay.

No, I probably have an idea.

I'm here because I don't want to deal with the GE at the moment. lol

/sigh. I want to shake your hand

and use you as a battering ram against those who just don't understaaaand.

Romantic Humorist

13,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nutella Mocha
I always like to throw in my two cents.

The point Gaia is making, is that be aware. We (as a people globally, in a sense) live in a Rape culture. Where we believe it's okay to joke, taunt and diminish the people and the very situation of rape. Same goes for murder, suicide, bullying, cyberbullying.... so many more. I don't understand why everyone is getting butthurt about this. There truly is a difference between joking, stating legitimate facts or being "funny" for shits and giggles.

Even then. Why would you even want to admit you've murdered? Been raped or had raped? Etc etc etc. Keep that to yourself or go find someone to talk to, in real life. Not here.

Like said many times, these rules have been in the TOS a long time. They're not saying you can't say, "Oh, I hate oranges" they're saying you can't say, "I will kill oranges!". (Silly example, but hopefully you catch my drift).

I'm glad that this was post was made. This is not censorship, this is not denying your rights, this reminding you to act like a decent person.

If it's any consolation and if anyone is reading this, I started Sex Ed when I was in sixth grade.

What if said person likes Orange Juice? Doesn't someone have to kill an orange in order to make juice? emotion_awesome

Also, does throwing money constitute as insulting the government? lol

I didn't start Sex Ed til like... 7th. I don't say anything directly though, if you want to make a joke about how much you love a person, don't be nasty about it, and don't use the nasty words either. Leave it to thought, use some sort of innuendo, or imply that you love someone "this much". Isn't that how Gaia made a good number of our EI and RIG items, anyway? emotion_awesome

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Aryvane
Leothalis v2
You could probably use a lot of this for the essay.

No, I probably have an idea.

I'm here because I don't want to deal with the GE at the moment. lol

/sigh. I want to shake your hand

and use you as a battering ram against those who just don't understaaaand.
And I would enjoy it~

Everyday Garbage

Stop Being Dumb
It's just sad that NOW, out of no-wheres, they decided to actually be hardcore about them.
If people are stupid to believe anything on this site, then they deserve to be laughed at. lol
Gaia's enforcing rules already implemented on this site and it's sad?
Totally legit argument there, yo.
What's really stupid is all these people who didn't even read the contract they agreed to and are now bitching about the fact that rules in place when they joined are being enforced.
This would be like signing a contract with a record deal as a singer, and not reading it.
Then, when you only get 2% of the profits, you b***h.
Severity of the issue may be different, but it's still the same thing.
The only ones at fault are the people who failed to read what they were agreeing to.

Aged Lunatic

Good christ my first post on this site in awhile and it just has to be urged for the CB.

Here's a protip about the internet ladies and gentlemen (and the kids stupid enough to admit being under 13);

The internet is not the US, the US does not own the internet, your 'rights' do not apply to the internet. What does apply here on Gaia, is their terms, their policies.

Your rights as a citizen of {insert country here} pretty much mean bugger all on this site or any site on the internet, most sites will humour you if you're in the US and they are as well, but it's still their entire control and handling, their terms which -you- agree to the moment you successfully register an account.

Those terms of service are binding to you (depending what court/judge you listen to, legally binding at that in the grey area of things), whether you read them or not, the apply and you follow, simple as it is.

Honestly if Gaia thought you looked like a half breed monkey goat that fell down an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way and felt like banning you for sheer fuglyness, they could, it's their site, their domain, their entire little virtual country on the internet, pretty much that simple.

Mega Man-Lover

I'm twelve and what is this.

Okay okay, no I'm not, don't ban me please.

Invisible Fatcat

8,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
Ace Fehr
I approve of this.
Some woman harrassed me randomly because I have a p***s.
It's like, "Seriously?"
O : Shame on you for having the assets of the male gender! D8<
Joking duh! emotion_yatta

Dangerous Shapeshifter

13,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Nutella Mocha

The point Gaia is making, is that be aware. We (as a people globally, in a sense) live in a Rape culture. Where we believe it's okay to joke, taunt and diminish the people and the very situation of rape. Same goes for murder, suicide, bullying, cyberbullying.... so many more. I don't understand why everyone is getting butthurt about this. There truly is a difference between joking, stating legitimate facts or being "funny" for shits and giggles.

Even then. Why would you even want to admit you've murdered? Been raped or had raped? Etc etc etc. Keep that to yourself or go find someone to talk to, in real life. Not here.

Like said many times, these rules have been in the TOS a long time. They're not saying you can't say, "Oh, I hate oranges" they're saying you can't say, "I will kill oranges!". (Silly example, but hopefully you catch my drift).

I'm glad that this was post was made. This is not censorship, this is not denying your rights, this reminding you to act like a decent person.

If it's any consolation and if anyone is reading this, I started Sex Ed when I was in sixth grade.

i completely agree
they are not "taking away your freedom of speech" they are just telling you when you are crossing the line to joking
you can still state your opinions and facts
just no joking about rape, murder, etc
and who would even want to joke about those anyway? its serious, you should never joke like that

Inquisitive Stargazer

20,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Nutella Mocha

Me too

Everyday Garbage

Leothalis v2
Damia Roncartia
Leothalis v2
emotion_awesome
-hands Leothalis a spice weasel-
BAM WITH ME!

heart
BAM!

Now for some plutonian slugs? emotion_awesome
With a can of Slurm to wash it down.
emotion_awesome
Kady Candy
Sheepish Love
Leothalis v2
At the rate we're going now?

Not good.
I'm not stoked about it either.

I lived in a small town, so with religion topping everything, it was abstinence over teaching.

I lived in a small town, with a really great highschool. And yeah, most kids keep the jokes out, and the bullying was really low. Even with a guy drawing out a ******** death threat and passing it around before it made itself to me, addressed to me. Small town highschools can be better. Outside of it? Stick him in a private school.
This small town school was horrid with racism, sexism, and religious preferences being different.
I want him in a big school :C

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces