Welcome to Gaia! ::

Today a stranger behind us in line at Walmart asked my husband and I If we are brothers. Then she continued to talk and talk and talk... ughh.
iā€˜m have d**k. envy me.
Other than that, sometimes little kids have to ask, but I think to most adults is apparent I'm a woman, because boobs sort of. Also, my voice is unmistakably feminine.

Bashful Bookworm

ā
At school some random called me out with "hey dude!" and I guess between my short hair and the fact that he didn't catch my face, he did think I was a guy and probably either was just saying hi or wanted to ask me something. I turned to him and he was just all ".....ohh.... s**t." and that was the end of that. āž

āš“xxx
I don't mind when kids ask, because it's kind of sweet how curious and innocent they are; but when an adult is asking I have to wonder why they care... I don't like it when strangers ask me personal questions for no reason. Like, you're not my doctor and I'm not trying to ******** you, so why do you care what's between my legs?
There'll be none of that 'round here.

Aged Girl

People mistook my ex boyfriend for a girl all the time.

o.O

Everyday Cat

I used to work as a waitress. One of the regulars was very very masculine. Short hair, deeper voice, stocky form, could barely tell she had breasts unless she took her coat off. Stupid me, I addressed her as "sir". I didn't work there for much longer after that...

I currently work as a bill collector. I've met men named Angel, Leslie, Jackie, etc. and often can't tell if that's genuinely the person's name or if they're just lying so they can talk with the company...

I've had people call me "sir" before. Online, on the phone, in the flesh. I very much promise I'm female. Ugly female, but still female. crying

Perfect Trash

When I was a pretty young kid, I had two friends that were very androgynous. One was a boy and one was a girl, and I remember that I was friends with the girl for close to two or three months before I knew she was a girl. She had a gender-neutral name (it had a feminised spelling, but we were little kids, so I never saw it written down) and she had short hair and wore boys' clothes...and prepubescent children are pretty sexless outside of hair and clothing styles. I seem to remember that she never corrected me when I referred to her with male pronouns, and I seem to remember her saying something like "Boys are better than girls, I wish I was a boy" at some point, so it's possible she was transgender. I lost touch with her long before either of us reached adolescence, so who knows. It's also possible she was just a tomboy.

My other friend I had at the same time was a boy, but he had kind of long-ish hair, so a lot of people thought he was a girl. He wore boys' clothes and had a distinctly male name, though, so I was never confused about his sex.

Perfect Trash

Scriptkitten
I used to work as a waitress. One of the regulars was very very masculine. Short hair, deeper voice, stocky form, could barely tell she had breasts unless she took her coat off. Stupid me, I addressed her as "sir". I didn't work there for much longer after that...

I currently work as a bill collector. I've met men named Angel, Leslie, Jackie, etc. and often can't tell if that's genuinely the person's name or if they're just lying so they can talk with the company...

I've had people call me "sir" before. Online, on the phone, in the flesh. I very much promise I'm female. Ugly female, but still female. crying
Angel is almost always a male name. Angela or Angelina are the feminised forms.

A lot of names that people think are female names these days were actually traditionally male names. Leslie, Ashley, and Lauren, for example, were originally exclusively masculine names.

Paris is supposed to be a male name. Paris was the name of the archer who shot the arrow into the heel of Achilles in mythology (he also kind of started the Trojan War by running off with Helen).

So...yeah, there are a lot of names that have sort of changed gender over the years.

Fashionable Hunter

I do that all the time, mostly because I've worked in food service most of my life and am super used to addressing people as "sir" or "m'am" and the dichotomy of gender that comes with it. Usually when I get it wrong, I either say "sorry, I've been talking to guys/girls all day" or "sorry, I was just thinking you reminded me of this guy/girl and it slipped out." I don't stress about it though. If someone gets offended, I just barrel on with the conversation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff