Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sera Michaelis
Hoshioni
but your the one who precieves it as "superiority"....i just see my way as "different". that i will not lower my standard and resort to doing the exact same methiod as every so called "artist"

As with everything you post, this makes no sense. If you feel that you would have to "lower your standard", then you must think that you're superior. Which is exactly how you act. Like you know everything, while we other artists know nothing. As if the same repetitive line we say must be wrong, while you're the only one here that's right.

By the way, I started out drawing manga, and I just wanted to draw what I enjoyed. I stylized without understanding what I was stylizing. It was fun. Which is all well and good, if you don't mind having art that looks like s**t. But once I was tired of being s**t, I listened to advice and took up realism and color theory, and my art is looking up even though it's just been a few months, though I still have a lot to learn. And no, I've never taken an art class either. There's nothing wrong with being independent and self-taught. You just have to teach yourself the right things. Yes, there ARE wrong things and right things in art. If you want to be taken seriously at all, stop being a little baby and learn to draw properly. If you just want to draw what you like regardless of quality, feel free. Just don't get pissy when everybody tells you how awful you are.

Oh, and I second Komiyan on that link, I love that book. Also check out the Color Theory book by that same author.

look copying others peoples roads to success without question is a low thing to do im already nothing....understand this.....im just trying to stay out of the negitives
Hoshioni
Ms Terrible
Hoshioni
you all talk like robots and dont even see it.. im sick of people liveing by what everone thinks what is right or wrong, especially when that set mindset comes from a controled media that tells you how a person is to act. as if humanity is merely a bunch of actors filling a role so the audience known as soicty is pleased when there just really part of the act.

congratulations, you are literally a hot topic shirt irl

im sorry but can you tell the hot topic shoppers to stop picking on me too if thats the case?????

why would i do that, it is so easy and you react so spectacularly

The power to make people stop picking on you has lain within you the whole time. Do you want to know what it is?

Walk away.

If you are not going to take any of the advice that you have been given in this thread then walk away from it. If you do not want to become a better artist, or think that you are 'acceptable' and that you require no improvement at all, then walk away from this. Stop responding. You have not learned anything from all of this and you are not going to start now. You are not required to defend yourself and you are certainly not going to change anyone's opinion of you after ten pages of this tripe.

If you think that the people here are shallow and boring and just conforming to expectations then kindly stop gracing us with your presence and leave.

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
CalamitousLeo
So how do you plan on doing manga or comics or whatever if you can't spell? What kind of will power and ~BURNING SPIRIT~ does a man who won't even use spell check have?

the kind of man who doesnt care what his fourm posts looks like. knows his work isnt ready to see the light of day.....
nd one that only cares on doing things in one step at a time rather then over reaching trying to solve all my problems at once, so i can achieve somthing
Hoshioni
KomiyanZaibach
Madzfyre
Lets just stop the bitching back and forth. It's pointless at this point. Referring to what someone posted earlier "How To" books are good for beginners. You might just want to check some out. Art is also about evolving your style so looking at these can help your art. That's all i have to say.
There ARE good books, but I must interject for the sake of decency and point out that the 'How To Draw Manga' books are not even in the slightest bit helpful.

wait if im left handed,........meaning i already use my right side of brain domiantly and yet still suck at art....i get a feeling somthing is wrong

...*Sigh*...
Hoshioni

the kind of man who doesnt care what his fourm posts looks like. knows his work isnt ready to see the light of day.....
nd one that only cares on doing things in one step at a time rather then over reaching trying to solve all my problems at once, so i can achieve somthing

In a Wooooold...

Where insane people are discouraged from posting in a forum for Comic Creators...

One man will fight back against the Robo-Media-Sheep...

This summer...

Hoshioni is...

Unbelievably crazy you have a serious case of psychosis or something.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hoshioni
look copying others peoples roads to success without question is a low thing to do im already nothing....understand this.....im just trying to stay out of the negitives

Jesus effing christ, this is like reasoning with a six year old. I think I'm wasting my effort. Why am I so persistent? I think I'll give up soon, I'm too young for such stress. Before I quit, to address that stupid remark of yours: Copying other people's roads to success? We're all expected to get a job so we can buy our own food. We're all encouraged to finish a set amount of years in education so we have social mobility. Why? Because these usually lead to success/independence. That's not copying other people. That's not low. That's knowing how to stop being a baby long enough to stand on your own two feet and keep yourself from developing bad habits. Same thing with art. Learning proven methods that will undoubtedly advance your skills and keep you from stewing in a puddle of fail is the smart thing to do. Not "copying."

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe if I become a 40 year old NEET with no college degree and no discernible skills, I'll totally be independent and free from society's shackles. I won't have to copy other people's roads to success. Fight against the machine. Totally.
Look, I'm going to make this easy for you-- if you don't want people to criticize you and you don't "care what we think", stop posting your work, ever. We don't want to see it again.

We don't care anymore if you improve or not, just leave and don't come back.

We don't have to ever see your shitty art again, and you don't have to try to get better or impress anyone anymore.

Win win. Glad that's settled.

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sera Michaelis
Hoshioni

Jesus effing christ, this is like reasoning with a six year old. I think I'm wasting my effort. Why am I so persistent? I think I'll give up soon, I'm too young for such stress. Before I quit, to address that stupid remark of yours: Copying other people's roads to success? We're all expected to get a job so we can buy our own food. We're all encouraged to finish a set amount of years in education so we have social mobility. Why? Because these usually lead to success/independence. That's not copying other people. That's not low. That's knowing how to stop being a baby long enough to stand on your own two feet and keep yourself from developing bad habits. Same thing with art. Learning proven methods that will undoubtedly advance your skills and keep you from stewing in a puddle of fail is the smart thing to do. Not "copying."

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe if I become a 40 year old NEET with no college degree and no discernible skills, I'll totally be independent and free from society's shackles. I won't have to copy other people's roads to success. Fight against the machine. Totally.

art and life are totally different art is about unreal intangibale feelings life is about what works with the laws of nature and physisics

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sera Michaelis
Hoshioni

art and life are totally different art is about unreal intangibale feelings life is about what works with the laws of nature and physisics

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kay, I'm finished. You refuse to believe that art abides by guidelines just like everything else, that's your business. Art is an imitation of life, and therefore follows the same guides. So you're wrong, but that's still your business. Not mine.

You shouldn't have bothered posting after blinkanjell01, because she's right. We shouldn't have to see your art, and you shouldn't have to hear our feedback. No more posting, everybody wins. Deal?

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
blinkanjell01
Look, I'm going to make this easy for you-- if you don't want people to criticize you and you don't "care what we think", stop posting your work, ever. We don't want to see it again.

We don't care anymore if you improve or not, just leave and don't come back.

We don't have to ever see your shitty art again, and you don't have to try to get better or impress anyone anymore.

Win win. Glad that's settled.

i just wanted people to actually read it and ignore the fact that the art and grammer sucks.....
not have one message drilled into me over and over, or being harassed as a person and not just for my art. all because my art lacks appeal to the people that post on here. as it seems its easyer for people to show how much they hate rather then say somthing nice as if the good isnt worth it
i wanted this thing read and evalted on the event the only critism i got on here i can use was "make it to where people that dont know about the event know why its happening"

i knew the art sucked i dident put that type of effort in drawing it. i did just nough to make the fact that 2 people are swinging swords understandable and people bring up issuses on me from 6 months to 5 years old....if i wanted to be judged as a person id take it to some life issue fourm. if i wanted my drawing juded in the catogory of raw art skill id have asked....if i wanted it spellchecked id have gotten it done before posting id have inked and manga~fied it.
but no i settled just for some basic form i could do quickly just so i could keep on the only point of the art that mattered

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sera Michaelis
Kay, I'm finished. You refuse to believe that art abides by guidelines just like everything else, that's your business. Art is an imitation of life, and therefore follows the same guides. So you're wrong, but that's still your business. Not mine.

You shouldn't have bothered posting after blinkanjell01, because she's right. We shouldn't have to see your art, and you shouldn't have to hear our feedback. No more posting, everybody wins. Deal?

no how about if you hate weebos like me just leave them alone....this is the web you choose to keep going to this thread.. You choose to post here agian and agian,
the problem here is choice. *yay i got to use a line from the matrix...XD*

none of you listen, all of you keep assumeing im this and that based off silly little prejudices you hold in your heads.

you choose to assume how everone in the world thinks for them.
you choose to assume that when a person draws what he likes thats its merely about face value
you choose to ignore my long rants (most likely due to grammer)
you choose *for whom it applys* to try to skimm it as if i drew a legit manga (cause i called it manga, which has a differnent meaning to me)
you choose *agian for who it applys* type words that were intended to be mean, discourageing and just plain hurtful, just because i want to try somthing different

so why dont you make one more choice and deside if you really want to post or not because i warn you now im fawkin stupid

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Jerky Buddy
Hoshioni

In a Wooooold...

Where insane people are discouraged from posting in a forum for Comic Creators...

One man will fight back against the Robo-Media-Sheep...

This summer...

Hoshioni is...

Unbelievably crazy you have a serious case of psychosis or something.

if you bothered actually reading the comic for the meaning, youd have known that before talking to me. just so you know

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff