Welcome to Gaia! ::

You lost me the very second I started...
Please do a remake after some intense practice...
Keep it up
neizumikitty
you have very good drawing skills

I want to be on whatever medication they have you on
How old are you OP? Because if the answer is anything over seven like your art suggests, you've got a long way to go until you are ready for comic making. This is not an insult, it is a statement of fact. Please don't listen to anyone telling you any part of this is good, because it is all terrible. Nitpicking would be a waste of time so look into the following:
Anatomy Books (Loomis, Hogarth,bridgeman)
Making Comics Scott McCloud
Perspective for comic artists David Chelsea

The flaws in your work are so bad that they display a severe lack of knowledge of even the basics of form or proper anatomy, so start really basic.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There are so many things wrong with this. The writing, I especially don't understand it. I mean, with the art, I can understand that everybody starts out really bad at drawing, that's fine. Nothing practice can't help. But the way you've written it is simply illogical to me. If you want to write a novel, go ahead and do it. Because even if you used speech bubbles, as you should, the writing is just wrong. There's too much of it and it's no good. There's no point drawing anything if you want to put it all in words. It comes off as a poorly done picture book.

Also, though the art is irredeemable anyway, you could at least have a semblance of knowing what you're doing if you take an eraser to the paper and get rid of the smudges and "construction lines," so the page will at least look clean. Or at least adjust the contrast after scanning. Something.
-2o
How old are you OP? Because if the answer is anything over seven like your art suggests, you've got a long way to go until you are ready for comic making.

If I remember correctly from a (very memorable) discussion in AD last year, he's in his early 20s and thinks Japan is the only country where art is "free to be art" and that the only reason we dislike his drawings is because we are not open-minded enough.

Shadowy Phantom

I saw that coming.

Link? I don't mind looking at old train wrecks.
If you still have it, it might be best to PM it so that we don't get any thread necromancers there.

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
ninathing
-2o
How old are you OP? Because if the answer is anything over seven like your art suggests, you've got a long way to go until you are ready for comic making.

If I remember correctly from a (very memorable) discussion in AD last year, he's in his early 20s and thinks Japan is the only country where art is "free to be art" and that the only reason we dislike his drawings is because we are not open-minded enough.

damn right you all arent open minded i dont have time to post story around the art.....the art was made for someone who knows of the real life events around this, drawn as a cheap pratice style.....but whatever

and no you all obess over technicalcality in something thats supposed to be a free expression of emotion, you have too many rules which in turn restrict your indivual thought and creativity. in the world of art my creations are the manifestions of an emotion of feeling i want to express. and even if the set work lacks the set refinement id like it to have i will not let any one of you, cast your little judgements. you all have lost touch with your own real emotions. as you all weither you know it or not are scared to be your true selfs in fear of our mob like eyes of society, that will shoot you down shun and reject you. non of you have the guts to show work you know isnt perfect as you all fear being riducluled more then you want to express emotions in ways people wont agree with,anyone can suck it up and settle for "normal", anyone can be "perfect"
and both normal and perfection as an artist i Lothe. normal is a term meaning that within a certian range of things are acceptable, they dont stick out.in otherwords also devoid of anything special. (and no people should not lock it away before im told inner specialness is what matters most as i know it does but dummit it needs to be shown to)

and perfection is the worst of all....as it implys you want a godly level...somthing that once achieved youve hit the limit no room to grow, and as an artist such an idea disgusts me....as perfection would get boreing as fast as someone playing a game with cheatcodes

all of you who say bad things without makeing a real attemt to understand the actual plot or emotion behind it are all vain and shallow....

now anywho for the record i told you all to disregard the mainline errors as i dident use time to do "line cleaning"
or "grammer checks"

as im busy trying to get a job while putting effort in works that really matter......people like you who only eye technique will never understand what it means to be an artist.....as real artist appciate both the attractive and the so called ugly.

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
so if youll excuse me i simply must leave the public computer im on to pursure work,.....thanks for showing me why i hate my generation

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
neizumikitty
you have very good drawing skills but try to work on where you put the speech bubbles and how well they can be read it would probably be cool if i could read it tho!

thanks for mangageing to see the good in somthing i literally rushed... i might do a polished version later, i dident use speech bubbles people as since words werent exchanged and this was a Past memory from my life i was reflecting on.... i dident want to use panels for the bulk of it....and im lazy did this on in one run...but i guess its easy to judge when you dont know the circumstances behind the how.....
This just in: whiny child gives typical butthurt response regarding criticism of his work! After the break: a one-sided debate about practicing and learning the foundations of art! And later: someone fails to realize that decent art is about more than just self-expression!

But for now, a word from a few expected asspatters who would support an "artist" if he/she smeared s**t on a wall! [/mock 20s radio broadcast]

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Hoshioni, will you ever accept critique? neutral
Wow. He hasn't changed at all.

Amazing.

Oh btw Hoshioni? I have some bad news:
Quote:
Back in 2000, I had the good fortune to share an evening with Mr. Koichi Tsunoda, who has worked on many anime features including Mazinger Z and Sailor Moon. He and I talked (through a translator) about our respective portfolios - and when he opened his, it was filled almost entirely with life drawings, sketches of Greek and Roman statues, and quick doodles done from life. "The first thing an animation studio looks for in an artist's portfolio," he whispered, "is whether the artist can draw hands and feet."

From here.

You will never amount to anything as an artist if you don't learn to draw realistically, from life. Wake up already. There isn't a single great artist in the world who didn't learn that way. Not a single one.
Did anybody not expect Hoshioni to come back with a combination of "you're mean", "it's my style", "I was rushed", and "there aren't really any standards for art"?

As I said in the previous thread, "if it wasn't for Hoshioni's massive, elaborate mess of a profile, I would assume he was some sort of troll, because holy crap he is the perfect storm of idiocy, incompetence, and incomprehension. It's like he was grown for it in a tube somewhere."

Shadowy Phantom

Smegma: I don't like that particular quote, it makes test tube babies look bad D:
oh god what is this crap

Haha I would actually write some constructive critique here, but seeing you are the type of person who can't accept it, I'll just say this is plain crap. Clicked one image, couldn't really figure out what the hell was happening with the pictures so I didn't even bother to read the text. Looks a bit like Katy Coopes how to draw manga, only worse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff