Welcome to Gaia! ::

?

That's a REAL woman 0.23571428571429 23.6% [ 33 ]
That's a FAT woman 0.55714285714286 55.7% [ 78 ]
A real woman is smaller than this and bigger than skinny.. No exceptions 0.20714285714286 20.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 140 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12 >

Gracious Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Brandan J Cromartie
Media is media and to be fair if videogames have less impact but take over 40 hours of exposure than 20 second commercials I don't know what happened or how retarded humans became but they have fallen a few notches. The way it works is simple: The adverts have zero effect. Your girlfriends however have 100% effect. I feel when people say this kind of thing they having a chicken and egg dilemma where the question is "Which came first, the advert or the effect?" however the answer is "The effect". Advertisements are always made in the light of social conceptions. You've said this yourself four times. How is it that the advertisement is driving these people to such extremes but again 40+ hours of exposure to pure violence in a videogame, which is actually interactive violence no less, has zero effect!

That doesn't even make sense. However what does is that your girlfriends and social pressures being played upon in advertisements does work. It's a ******** really where they get paid to prey on your fears but your fears aren't in the adverts they are in the society. You don't want to be thin because you want to wear a specific type of perfume; you want to be thin because boys like thin girls or you feel uncomfortable being fat in a society that thinks you cannot possibly enjoy showering.

Videogames are not about trying to sell a product to someone. Videogames tell you a story. To say that this is remotely comparable to advertising is nonsense. Videogames are not made in the light of social conceptions, they aren't trying to influence you to pursue a certain lifestyle. Adverts do. That is why 40+ hours of playing a videogame (lets say assassins creed) won't make you go around stabbing and killing people, 40+ hours of exposure to advertising will influence the acts of the great majority of people.
User Image
burning_eyes
Some what, many women do look like this or worse and
say me and other women should love them for there misshaped curves..
thought the female in the picture is just a bit more over
weight then curvy..

I enjoy fit women/females.. a little vanity weight is fine to
me like 5 to 15pb at most after that it's unhealthy
and not into super skinny women that I can see there
bones..

User Image

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
Aeggnis
You know that is a great question

What should a person look like?

User Image
Aerlinniel C Robleda
Brandan J Cromartie
Media is media and to be fair if videogames have less impact but take over 40 hours of exposure than 20 second commercials I don't know what happened or how retarded humans became but they have fallen a few notches. The way it works is simple: The adverts have zero effect. Your girlfriends however have 100% effect. I feel when people say this kind of thing they having a chicken and egg dilemma where the question is "Which came first, the advert or the effect?" however the answer is "The effect". Advertisements are always made in the light of social conceptions. You've said this yourself four times. How is it that the advertisement is driving these people to such extremes but again 40+ hours of exposure to pure violence in a videogame, which is actually interactive violence no less, has zero effect!

That doesn't even make sense. However what does is that your girlfriends and social pressures being played upon in advertisements does work. It's a ******** really where they get paid to prey on your fears but your fears aren't in the adverts they are in the society. You don't want to be thin because you want to wear a specific type of perfume; you want to be thin because boys like thin girls or you feel uncomfortable being fat in a society that thinks you cannot possibly enjoy showering.

Videogames are not about trying to sell a product to someone. Videogames tell you a story. To say that this is remotely comparable to advertising is nonsense. Videogames are not made in the light of social conceptions, they aren't trying to influence you to pursue a certain lifestyle. Adverts do. That is why 40+ hours of playing a videogame (lets say assassins creed) won't make you go around stabbing and killing people, 40+ hours of exposure to advertising will influence the acts of the great majority of people.

Videogames work like all other forms of media selling an idea. You don't buy perfume from a commercial because it's perfume, you buy it if you were to buy it straight from a commercial, because of what it sells which is usually sexual or sophisticated presence. Videogames themselves are not just story-telling engines but have been noted for being very strong means of spreading a concept and some are even deep enough to consider to be politically and socially powerful vehicles! People undersell videogames and their power but if a book can a story what is a videogame but an interactive book with characters fighting against concepts that we find to imperative? I can think of one ( absolutely terrible, thank god for Gamefly ) game called HyperDimension Neptunia MKII which my friend rented on my account. The game had a strong message of anti-piracy. As a matter of fact most videogames in the RPG section have more real world elements than ever in my opinion; the days of humping and jumping turtles with a dude in red duds and a mustache are long gone... But uh, nevermind, what I mean to say is simple:

No one smart has ever bought a perfume without smelling it first. Adverts make things known. Society does the rest. Why do you think the strongest form of advertising is word of mouth? As a matter of fact it is pretty much the only form. You should look into this yourself because companies will give fashionable kids free clothing to wear at school. Best advertisement form ever: Example.

It's also why reputation matters way more than the advert itself. If any product flops it's guaranteed that it got bad reviews from revered reviewers. Hell the entire jobs of conessierurs* and critics depend on this being absolutely true.

*Yeah, lazy.

Ferocious Browser

Riviera de la Mancha

... Cool story bro? I have no idea what the point of your link is.

>.> you keep answering me like that. The point is that that is what all people should look like and would look like if we had stayed as all the other organisms on the planet stayed. (Strictly talking about general concepts of body shape here).

Fanatical Zealot

The Living Force
Suicidesoldier#1
Um, idk.
My bff Jill?

Yes.

Q.Q. pew pew applesauce

Noob

7,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
If you have a va-jj, you're a women. End of the story.

Fanatical Zealot

Brandan J Cromartie
Aerlinniel C Robleda
Brandan J Cromartie
Aerlinniel C Robleda
There is no "real" woman. All women are different and have different types of bodies. No such thing as "real" or "perfect" exists.
There are only 3 types of bodies humans can have. There are 3 billion women. Quite a few women even look alike as studies show people who look alike hang out. What say you with your individualist nonsense that tries to make everyone out to be a special snowflake!

I am just saying that there is no such thing as a 'real' woman. All women are different, even within those generalised groups that you cite. Due to the natural differences, there cannot be such a thing as a 'real' women. My 'individualistic nonsese', as you say, just accepts these differences as being natural. Your generalistic nonsense pushes millions of women to try and have the 'real' and 'perfect' body, making them have to starve themselves or eat far too much than what is good for the body.
What if the term "Real Woman" refers to the Average woman? Which is what it is: It is not that the opposite of the RW is a Fake but rather an unrealistic or extreme version of a female. Media culture finds those who are not the norm to be novel and therefore the populace demands novelty and the media pushes these women. Even a very healthy female is not going to be pencil thin in most cases however these "little bitches" that are a sexual fad cause discomfort for the general populace much like Hugh Jackman ( Whom I Hate ) causes me discomfort. All the time. Everyday.

Anyway my "nonsense" is a real phenomenon where women who are average gather together under a banner and say "We're average, nothing is wrong with us, ******** your media!" however as with most everything humans do, esp. women, misguided rage is incorporated and you get the battle between those skinny bitches who the media propagates and the normal woman. The really fat woman also tries to sneak into the average woman club and hide under the banner but... well she's fat so she can't hide behind anything, even large groups of people.

Actually large is pretty normal.

Timid Seeker

Neko_Bast
Real women might have curves but that girl could due to lose a couple of pounds. When you have side boobs, flabby arms, and a double chin, you have to much fat on your body.

It could just as easily exist under the clothes of a 'thin' girl.

What should be emphasized is that muscles must exist in all body types (male and female) in order to avoid 'flabbiness.'
Those are not curves. Those are rolls.
Canterellare
Aeggnis

User Image

Nice avatar.
Kuja v6
Aeggnis

Not like that ugly s**t in the photo, that's for sure.

The person in the photo doesn't look like anything.

Aged Fatcat

More excuses to make people feel better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff