Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ever had to kick someone out of your house?

Yes 0.2589928057554 25.9% [ 36 ]
No 0.28057553956835 28.1% [ 39 ]
I live with my parents =( 0.46043165467626 46.0% [ 64 ]
Total Votes:[ 139 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >

First of all, you were drunk, so why the hell did you care anyway?

Oh, right, you were drunk.

I also think you over-reacted, because clearly that guy is backwards in some way. Cause, uh...news flash....you got an A. What's better than that? You worked hard and you did well and you know you have a talent. Why were you even bothered by his remark?

Oh, right.
You were drunk.

You shouldn't have jumped right into b***h mode though, you should have asked him what he got in dynamics, a AAA?
Sexual Innuendo
deadroosters
Sexual Innuendo
Last night, my roommates and I were drinking on our porch. My roommate's cousin comes down from out of town and brings a couple of his friends who bring a couple of their friends. My roommate and I are drunkenly discussing feminism with this really chill dude, when I start talking to this other dude about how we're both engineering majors. The conversation leads to him saying, "So you got an A in dynamics?" I was like, "Hell yeah I did." And he literally said, "You only got an A in dynamics because you're a woman."

Maybe it's true. Have you really examined it? If you're being discriminated against, you should investigate that. It's lawsuit grounds.
Can't tell if trolling or just stupid.

What, I can't make a point? Maybe your professor likes you, but I can tell that if it were like that, you'd be so bothered by it you probably wouldn't even be willing to recognize it. Sorry.

Obsessive Grabber

7,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Timid 100
  • Tipsy 100
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
I could say the same to you. Neither of us has shown any proof. The big difference between your argument and mine is that mine doesn't require proof. In fact, your lack of evidence is all I need. I think we both know you're just repeating yourself anyway, so why don't you just either give up or or come back with some actual, definitive proof that she said what you say she said? Because I know what I read, it wasn't what you say it was.

If you're so certain she said it word for word, then just quote it and be done with it instead of playing this little game of back and forth. Because until you do, you're not fooling anyone, least of all me.

... Besides, it's kind of awkward to be arguing over someone who isn't even present in said argument.

Well, here's one to start.

Quote:
Darling, you're confirming the stereotype of the high strung, uppity, gets-offended-by-every-third-word woman.

Trust me, I see it every day. Guys encounter girls who react as you all the time, and walk away grumbling 'Women. Must be on her period or some s**t'. Guys encounter women like me, and there's that awkward moment where they blink and say 'You aren't going to slap me for that?' and I say 'And be an uptight b***h? Pff, hell naw. We're cool bro.'

I follow the authors' mantra: Show, don't tell.

Sorry that you're wrong. So sad. sad

Stop acting so smug. I said to quote something that actually proves you right, that actually says what you've been insisting was said, not waste my time.

I'll say it again, find some actual, definitive proof that doesn't require your biased, twisted view to see, or give up. I'm not going to keep wasting my words on deaf ears.

I literally just showed you. There it is, in a little quote box, for you to see. There is proof that she thinks that women should ignore sexism so men will like them. It is literally right there. I don't know how to make this any clearer for you.

I can't see it because it's not there. You're either misunderstanding the words written there or lying, and I don't even care which it is anymore, because I'm putting an end to this.

Nobody else is following your massive, unrealistic leap in logic. Nobody else can see how you can read "stop freaking out so much" and think it means "ignore sexism to impress men" because when sane people read something, they interpret it as meaning what it says, they don't make up some arbitrary hidden message to find an imaginary conspiracy in it. When sane people are given a petty, meaningless insult and told that their house is going to be burned down in the same day by the same person, they don't whine to the internet about how sexist the guy was for one comment, because they're more worried about someone threatening to burn their house down. And when sane people are repeatedly told that something doesn't mean what they think it means, they listen to the people trying to explain to them what it actually means.

You are not some lone sane woman in an insane world, who is the only one who can see the truth like you clearly think you are. You are the insane one, for making things up and pretending they're real.

That is why nobody takes you seriously. Not because you're a feminist, not because you're a woman and not because of any other reason you're probably thinking. It's because you act like a child: Always getting offended by every little thing that you don't like, always trying to get everyone to sympathize with you or something because you got upset, always trying to shift blame onto others and always throwing a temper tantrum when it doesn't work out because everyone can see right through your incredibly transparent act. You're supposed to be an adult, stop acting like a caricature of one and grow up.

You can react to this however you please and reply however you want, because I probably won't be seeing it. You've proven to me time and time again that you have nothing to add to our "discussion" and I've already told you I'm not going to waste my words on deaf ears. This time I mean it.

*throws arms up into the air*
I'M DONE.

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
I could say the same to you. Neither of us has shown any proof. The big difference between your argument and mine is that mine doesn't require proof. In fact, your lack of evidence is all I need. I think we both know you're just repeating yourself anyway, so why don't you just either give up or or come back with some actual, definitive proof that she said what you say she said? Because I know what I read, it wasn't what you say it was.

If you're so certain she said it word for word, then just quote it and be done with it instead of playing this little game of back and forth. Because until you do, you're not fooling anyone, least of all me.

... Besides, it's kind of awkward to be arguing over someone who isn't even present in said argument.

Quote:
Darling, you're confirming the stereotype of the high strung, uppity, gets-offended-by-every-third-word woman.

Trust me, I see it every day. Guys encounter girls who react as you all the time, and walk away grumbling 'Women. Must be on her period or some s**t'. Guys encounter women like me, and there's that awkward moment where they blink and say 'You aren't going to slap me for that?' and I say 'And be an uptight b***h? Pff, hell naw. We're cool bro.'

Stop acting so smug. I said to quote something that actually proves you right, that actually says what you've been insisting was said, not waste my time.

I'll say it again, find some actual, definitive proof that doesn't require your biased, twisted view to see, or give up. I'm not going to keep wasting my words on deaf ears.

I literally just showed you. There it is, in a little quote box, for you to see. There is proof that she thinks that women should ignore sexism so men will like them. It is literally right there. I don't know how to make this any clearer for you.

I can't see it because it's not there. You're either misunderstanding the words written there or lying, and I don't even care which it is anymore, because I'm putting an end to this.

Nobody else is following your massive, unrealistic leap in logic. Nobody else can see how you can read "stop freaking out so much" and think it means "ignore sexism to impress men" because when sane people read something, they interpret it as meaning what it says, they don't make up some arbitrary hidden message to find an imaginary conspiracy in it. When sane people are given a petty, meaningless insult and told that their house is going to be burned down in the same day by the same person, they don't whine to the internet about how sexist the guy was for one comment, because they're more worried about someone threatening to burn their house down. And when sane people are repeatedly told that something doesn't mean what they think it means, they listen to the people trying to explain to them what it actually means.

You are not some lone sane woman in an insane world, who is the only one who can see the truth like you clearly think you are. You are the insane one, for making things up and pretending they're real.

That is why nobody takes you seriously. Not because you're a feminist, not because you're a woman and not because of any other reason you're probably thinking. It's because you act like a child: Always getting offended by every little thing that you don't like, always trying to get everyone to sympathize with you or something because you got upset, always trying to shift blame onto others and always throwing a temper tantrum when it doesn't work out because everyone can see right through your incredibly transparent act. You're supposed to be an adult, stop acting like a caricature of one and grow up.

You can react to this however you please and reply however you want, because I probably won't be seeing it. You've proven to me time and time again that you have nothing to add to our "discussion" and I've already told you I'm not going to waste my words on deaf ears. This time I mean it.

I'M DONE.

I think I love you.

Obsessive Grabber

7,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Timid 100
  • Tipsy 100
I Shall Give You NoMercy
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo

I'M DONE.

I think I love you.

User Image

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"My roommate and I are drunkenly discussing feminism"
nope -walks away-
Listen, I'm a female engineer as well. I always did pretty decent in my classes and worked my a** off. For the most part the guys I was in class with were awesome and couldn't give less ******** that I'm a woman. There were the occasional assholes, however, that insisted that any time one of the girls got a better grade than them that they felt was undeserved it MUST have been because of our gender. One of my roommates senior year was actually one of them, although to a lesser degree. A lot of sexist jokes he made just to try to get a rise out of people because he thought it was funny. But in some ways he really did believe that being a woman was an automatic advantage. And hey, maybe it is. He actually had better grades than me overall and I'm making probably 20k a year more than him right now. And I found the job like three months before he landed his. Anyways...

Seriously, the worst thing you can do in those situations is throw a b***h fit. Like it or not, as others have said all that does is reinforce the female overreacting crazy b***h stereotype. There are better ways to handle it. Make a joke of it or give the guy a "Really?" look and ignore him. If he keeps on, it's "Dude, really? You seriously believe that an engineering professor cares more about my tits than my skills? Grow up." And then if he continues to be an a**, something like- "Look, I worked hard for that grade and you're being rude. This is my house and if you keep it up you can go drink somewhere else." Keep calm, don't yell, and you'll always come out looking like the better person and smelling like a rose.

Unfortunately you WILL deal with sexism in the industry. It's there, it's unfortunate, but it's part of it. You've got to learn to deal with it a little better.
Sexual Innuendo
Iost in my thoughts
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo

the whole point of that post is that overacting to sexism contributes to it. If you respond to bigotry with hatred, all you get is more bigotry and more hatred. There are more appropriate ways to handle sexism than anger.

Point being, I'm not so much saying you shouldn't have kicked him out of your house; that's well within your means. I'm more wondering why you think him insulting your gender was worse than him threatening to burn your house down.
Nah, we handled it pretty well. Many lulz were had. I don't need your approval to tell us what is and isn't appropriate about how I handle hatred and bigotry.

Secondly, if you will note in this thread, we didn't kick him out until he threatened to burn the house down. So I don't know where you're getting this idea that somehow I think it's worse that he was sexist than it was that he threatened to burn the house down.
see: title of thread

Noob

Stupid female is female. s**t, one comment and you get butthurt? I know you're female but grow some balls. You were all drinking anyways.
Don't get so pissy about one comment.

Obsessive Grabber

7,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Timid 100
  • Tipsy 100
Iost in my thoughts
Sexual Innuendo
Iost in my thoughts
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo

the whole point of that post is that overacting to sexism contributes to it. If you respond to bigotry with hatred, all you get is more bigotry and more hatred. There are more appropriate ways to handle sexism than anger.

Point being, I'm not so much saying you shouldn't have kicked him out of your house; that's well within your means. I'm more wondering why you think him insulting your gender was worse than him threatening to burn your house down.
Nah, we handled it pretty well. Many lulz were had. I don't need your approval to tell us what is and isn't appropriate about how I handle hatred and bigotry.

Secondly, if you will note in this thread, we didn't kick him out until he threatened to burn the house down. So I don't know where you're getting this idea that somehow I think it's worse that he was sexist than it was that he threatened to burn the house down.

Also see: the posts in this thread.

Most of them aren't exactly focusing on how freaked out anyone is about the threat of one's house being burned down.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
deadroosters
Sexual Innuendo
deadroosters
Sexual Innuendo
Last night, my roommates and I were drinking on our porch. My roommate's cousin comes down from out of town and brings a couple of his friends who bring a couple of their friends. My roommate and I are drunkenly discussing feminism with this really chill dude, when I start talking to this other dude about how we're both engineering majors. The conversation leads to him saying, "So you got an A in dynamics?" I was like, "Hell yeah I did." And he literally said, "You only got an A in dynamics because you're a woman."

Maybe it's true. Have you really examined it? If you're being discriminated against, you should investigate that. It's lawsuit grounds.
Can't tell if trolling or just stupid.

What, I can't make a point? Maybe your professor likes you, but I can tell that if it were like that, you'd be so bothered by it you probably wouldn't even be willing to recognize it. Sorry.
Most professors, including mine for that class, don't even grade their exams. That's why they hire students to do it for them. I don't know anyone who has been a grader for any class, let alone dynamics, let alone the same quarter I took that class, let alone for the same professor I had.

Sounds like you're just trying to make up excuses for why a woman did well in an engineering class. Because it can't be by natural talent. That's for the men! If a woman did well in an engineering class, it must have been because she's a woman and the professor favors her.

Note how no one calls out men who do well in engineering classes. Just women.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero

Quote:

I'M DONE.
It's okay dude. I understand that I proved you wrong and you had to change the subject in order to distract me from that, but it's not working. I see right through you. I'm glad you're done talking now.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
YourMyAll_
Stupid female is female. s**t, one comment and you get butthurt? I know you're female but grow some balls. You were all drinking anyways.
Don't get so pissy about one comment.
So, I'm wondering if you would say the same thing to a black person who got told, "You only got an A because you're black." And if you would say "Stupid black person is black. s**t, one comment and you get butthurt? I know you're black but try to suck it up and act a little bit more white. You were all drinking anyways. Don't get so pissy about one comment."

I'm just curious as to why sexism is acceptable in today's society, but not racism. question

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Iost in my thoughts
Sexual Innuendo
Iost in my thoughts
Sexual Innuendo
The Hellspawn Hero
Sexual Innuendo

See: OP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas