Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ga-Ga
Thanks for all your efforts and reports...you guys are awesome heart
I would know what to do or how to report.

❀ Just click "report this post/thread" and the rest should be clear :3 Oh and put "spam bot" in the additional information box so they know what this is about.

Undead Enchantress

Looks like it's some automated thing that creates an account per minute then posts that weird message.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Erynne
Looks like it's some automated thing that creates an account per minute then posts that weird message.

❀ Which means Gaia should review the account registration page and add a CAPTCHA like the one in Lake Kindred.

Undead Enchantress

Sahri
Erynne

❀ Which means Gaia should review the account registration page and add a CAPTCHA like the one in Lake Kindred.
Definitely!

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Erynne
Sahri
Erynne

Definitely!

❀ Would be a rock solid question for the AtS but I don't want to ask this in the pre-event thread because chances are the question would get skipped.

Undead Enchantress

Sahri
Erynne
Sahri
Erynne

Definitely!

❀ Would be a rock solid question for the AtS but I don't want to ask this in the pre-event thread because chances are the question would get skipped.
Sad, but true.
I do have a couple of screenshots where the bots took over the front page in case it wasn't clear how messy it got.

MeIanite's Princess

Illuminated Demigod

I srsly gotta hand it to the person who is doing this. That takes some serious dedication bro.

Undead Enchantress

Sunset Illu
I srsly gotta hand it to the person who is doing this. That takes some serious dedication bro.
Does it count if the whole process is automated?

MeIanite's Princess

Illuminated Demigod

Erynne
Sunset Illu
Does it count if the whole process is automated?

I think it still does.

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Sahri
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

If you put an item recognition captcha on the registration page though... Poor newbies who have no idea what all the Gaia items are xd

But yeah, any sort of captcha might help big time with this ridiculous spam emotion_facepalm

User Image

Invisible Codger

10,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Didn't this happen some time last week too? I swear this isn't the first time I've seen this sort of spam going down here recently...

Undead Enchantress

Nanzzy-chan
Sahri
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

If you put an item recognition captcha on the registration page though... Poor newbies who have no idea what all the Gaia items are xd

But yeah, any sort of captcha might help big time with this ridiculous spam emotion_facepalm

User Image
Dammit. That's a massively good point.
Gaia has such bad luck with captchas too, i.e. Fishing.

Owl Bard's Bestie

Erynne
Nanzzy-chan
Sahri

User Image

just use the pose icons instead of the item icons and it should be fine, there's a lot of items i don't know but it's simple enough to identify at least one of the pose icons, even with hidden/secret poses

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Erynne

Yeah, neither option sounds too great xD
Though the captchas for posting and browsing the forums while logged out are generally pretty readable? So if they could use those, that might work O3o

User Image

Undead Enchantress

Jaffah
Erynne
Nanzzy-chan
Sahri

User Image

just use the pose icons instead of the item icons and it should be fine, there's a lot of items i don't know but it's simple enough to identify at least one of the pose icons, even with hidden/secret poses
Easy even for complete newbies?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces