Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am about to go on my very first date! Does anybody have any advice? How should I act? How should I dress? What should we do after? Wish me luck!
eyehorn55
I am about to go on my very first date! Does anybody have any advice? How should I act? How should I dress? What should we do after? Wish me luck!

Ask your mother.
- ninja ninja
I would. Of course I would. But I don't have a mother. cry
Lucky~9~Lives
eyehorn55

Ask your mother.
- ninja ninja

I would. Of course I would. But I don't have a mother.

Aged Millionaire

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Quite Honestly.... One Be/act the only way you know how to!!!! YOURSELF!!!! if you try to be someone your not... you just shot yourself in the foot.
What should you do.... well let's see.... What do you like to do and what does she like to do? if you don't know the answers to these question's then simple dinner.... and then FIND THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll never know until you ask and find out!
Dress.... well all depends... lol are you going ball-room dancing? [lol] or A very nice formal or Sunday dress restaurant? or are you going to the park and having a picnic? Honestly for a normal date I would dress in your best Jeans or a dress [Very Dark color preferred like black] and a nice button up or polo shirt. other then that GL
Lucky~9~Lives
Echo...

she died when i was 8.
She had pnomonia
Asking Gaia of all places ...
Oh well, might as well add my 3 cent: What would you consider a proper dress? Don't exaggerate it, depending on how well you know each other dressing causal may be ok.
As for acting, would you like to date someone who acts completely different on a date? If you are afraid that you're hyperactive or too talkative or whatever ask your friends before you set out for this date any maybe try to tone it down a little. Or simply ask your date.

I may add that i'm really bad at this social stuff. Also, i've never been on a date before, so this may be completely wrong.
eyehorn55

Advice:

Bring enough money to pay for yourself and a little bit extra for emergency. This doesn't mean you have to pay for yourself. It will prevent embarrassment if the person that asked does not have enough money and allow you if need be to catch a taxi or bus home if worse comes to worse.

Let a parent or guardian know the details of the date and time you expect to be back, contact numbers for date and his or her parents, contact numbers and location of place of date and expected time of return. Also bring a cellphone with such contacts including contacts of parents or guardian and other emergency contact numbers.

If you depart from the planed date as you are going somewhere else or are going to be late contact your parent or guardian.

It may sound stupid, but trust me it should be done.

Act?

Act like yourself don't try to be someone different he or she asked you out or acepted to go out with you because of who you are.

Dress?

Depends on the date. To the movies casual will do, if to a fancy restaurant a little dressy is required, then there is if you want to dress to impress and for that ask your friends, be advised if the date will have long walks or other conditions, you might want to wear a jacket if you know you going to be cold and shoes instead of high heels if walking a lot.

Afterwards?

GO home and if it went well plan a new date. at the door a hug is standard for first date maybe a peck on the cheek or mouth if bold.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Having good body language is helpful.

Heroic Hero

Woah woah, one issue at a time girl. Before you think about going on a date, you gotta address the first issue you posted here. pls is ver important k

Garbage

You don't owe anyone sex. Nobody owes you sex. Have fun!

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.

That's easy. What would you normally wear? How would you normally act?

Heave ho,
thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff