Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Treasure

It is raining, so no walk or dog park unless the weather clears. Oswald will be so disappointed.

Blessed Treasure

you are near the top of the list... we will try again later smile

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
Rupuzzled

When we got him home, I cleaned his paws and put some neosporin on his little pads and some baby socks on his feet to keep him from licking the neosporin. Hopefully the vet will be able to help

That's not good.
But I remember a similar thing happening to one of my dad's dogs. I think the vet did basically what you've already done with putting some medicine and a cover over it. It healed just fine after a while and the dog is fine again. You just need to stop your dog from licking or picking at it.

Blessed Treasure

AstronomyGirl

Vet gave us disinfectant wipes and some antibiotics just in case. No dog park until it heals sad

We can continue with the neosporin if we can make sure he doesn't lick it

I'm worried that it will keep happening as we don't know what caused it

There was nothing that I saw at the park that would have caused it.

Oswald is already pouting because we didn't go to the park this morning. We had just started including it in our routine smile but he loved it. I have no grass at my house so grass is a real treat for him.

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
Rupuzzled
Vet gave us disinfectant wipes and some antibiotics just in case. No dog park until it heals sad

We can continue with the neosporin if we can make sure he doesn't lick it

I'm worried that it will keep happening as we don't know what caused it

There was nothing that I saw at the park that would have caused it.

Oswald is already pouting because we didn't go to the park this morning. We had just started including it in our routine smile but he loved it. I have no grass at my house so grass is a real treat for him.

It could be that it got caught on a branch/stick and tore that way. I think that's what happened to my dad's dog. They couldn't find the exact cause either so they think it was that.
Hope your dog's paw heals quickly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces