Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Sir Marty the Magnificent
quayla666
No, because that is the point of the game. It still wastes time. xd That, and I care more about the people that I interact with, rather than the pixels that go around. They are more important than this game, but many seem to forget that.

I don't think it wastes time. I think it makes good use of time; at least of my time.

*Points at NHB*

Look at what Ray Ban helped me achieve! whee
But what did you achieve in real life? It is awesome that you got help to get it, but at the end of the day, what does it do for you in life?

Prophet

quayla666
But what did you achieve in real life? It is awesome that you got help to get it, but at the end of the day, what does it do for you in life?

Oh, that was a totally different point. I just wanted to show you I finally got my NHB. :3 But since you asked it gave me enjoyment. emotion_awesome

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
quayla666

Oh, that was a totally different point. I just wanted to show you I finally got my NHB. :3 But since you asked it gave me enjoyment. emotion_awesome
Actually, that was the whole point of this entire conversation. Gaia is pixels, and not much more. The only other thing that can be counted as more is the fact that there are people behind the pixels. Otherwise, it is just a waste of time. That NHB is just a pixel at the end of the day... It will mean nothing when going out into the real world, and trying to live an actual life. It is cool that you got it, and all.. And that you got help for it. But you have already made mention of the next items that you wanted to get, and constantly brought up the "hyper inflation" whenever you seen the opportunity to do so.

Prophet

quayla666
Actually, that was the whole point of this entire conversation. Gaia is pixels, and not much more. The only other thing that can be counted as more is the fact that there are people behind the pixels. Otherwise, it is just a waste of time. That NHB is just a pixel at the end of the day... It will mean nothing when going out into the real world, and trying to live an actual life. It is cool that you got it, and all.. And that you got help for it. But you have already made mention of the next items that you wanted to get, and constantly brought up the "hyper inflation" whenever you seen the opportunity to do so.

Of course it's pixels, but as far as benefiting a person IRL it gives you enjoyment. I wouldn't say enjoyment is a waste of time. I would say something being a waste of time being something that bores you or something you don't feel that doesn't benefit you in at least some way.

I'm not sure what Gaia's inflation has to do with your point though. x:

Storm's Waifu

Unstoppable Razer

37,265 Points
  • God of Spatulas 500
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Gay sex in a pear tree--

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
quayla666

Of course it's pixels, but as far as benefiting a person IRL it gives you enjoyment. I wouldn't say enjoyment is a waste of time. I would say something being a waste of time being something that bores you or something you don't feel that doesn't benefit you in at least some way.

I'm not sure what Gaia's inflation has to do with your point though. x:
Just the other week, you where cracking down on how horrible the site was. sweatdrop And yes, it is a waste of time, because there are better uses of your time in real life, than to sit and play around on a site all day long. Yes, it is important to have enjoyment, but sitting on a site all day.. That isn't life.

And my point about that is you do complain/mention about the inflation all of the time. You just mentioned to me, earlier today, that I better earn the items I wanted, before they hyper inflate more. Well, that is not an important thing in my life, because it is pixels. I rather spend my time going and doing something with my life, than sitting around and worrying about virtual money all of the time. That was the point in that.

Prophet

quayla666
Just the other week, you where cracking down on how horrible the site was. sweatdrop And yes, it is a waste of time, because there are better uses of your time in real life, than to sit and play around on a site all day long. Yes, it is important to have enjoyment, but sitting on a site all day.. That isn't life.

And my point about that is you do complain/mention about the inflation all of the time. You just mentioned to me, earlier today, that I better earn the items I wanted, before they hyper inflate more. Well, that is not an important thing in my life, because it is pixels. I rather spend my time going and doing something with my life, than sitting around and worrying about virtual money all of the time. That was the point in that.

Their business practices are horrible. I never explicitly stated Gaia was a bad site or not enjoyable at all due to GC.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Gaming is, IMO, one of the best uses of my time IRL since I enjoy gaming. Gaming is a passion of mine, and Gaia is what got me "addicted" to online gaming and the internet in general.

The inflation, on the other hand, still has nothing to do with what you were explaining. You just randomly brought it up. confused

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
quayla666

Their business practices are horrible. I never explicitly stated Gaia was a bad site or not enjoyable at all due to GC.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Gaming is, IMO, one of the best uses of my time IRL since I enjoy gaming. Gaming is a passion of mine, and Gaia is what got me "addicted" to online gaming and the internet in general.

The inflation, on the other hand, still has nothing to do with what you were explaining. You just randomly brought it up. confused

You did.. I actually remember you where quite negative about it. sweatdrop

If you wish. I just do not see the point in wasting life in front of a screen...

Scroll to earlier, and you will remember.

Storm's Waifu

Unstoppable Razer

37,265 Points
  • God of Spatulas 500
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Dare to be stupid
Come on and dare to be stupid
It's so easy to do
Dare to be stupid
We're all waiting for you, let's go

Prophet

quayla666

If you wish. I just do not see the point in wasting life in front of a screen...

Feel free to quote me on my negative posts in your thread, but I'm positive I didn't say anything in regards to Gaia being a bad website. Criticizing Gaia the game =/= criticizing their business practices.

The inflation has nothing to do with our discussion at the moment, but you decided to bring it up and I have no clue why. A totally different point, was just a suggestion I made ADVISING you to get the items as soon as possible before they inflate even further, that's all. I wouldn't want someone working harder; I'd want them working smarter.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
quayla666

Feel free to quote me on my negative posts in your thread, but I'm positive I didn't say anything in regards to Gaia being a bad website. Criticizing Gaia the game =/= criticizing their business practices.

The inflation has nothing to do with our discussion at the moment, but you decided to bring it up and I have no clue why. A totally different point, was just a suggestion I made ADVISING you to get the items as soon as possible before they inflate even further, that's all. I wouldn't want someone working harder; I'd want them working smarter.
I have no idea what to even say anymore now.

Prophet

quayla666

I'm just trying to be more transparent so you can understand my points. If I felt that being in front of a screen or playing video games in general was a waste of time I wouldn't doing it, so it doesn't make much sense when you're saying that when you're already in front of a computer screen... playing Gaia... sweatdrop

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
quayla666

I'm just trying to be more transparent so you can understand my points. If I felt that being in front of a screen or playing video games in general was a waste of time I wouldn't doing it, so it doesn't make much sense when you're saying that when you're already in front of a computer screen... playing Gaia... sweatdrop
Because I am wasting my time on here. I could be doing better things with my time, than sitting on here. It is a waste of time to be on here. I am not saying it is a bad site, or anything. But there is a lot more a person can do with themselves, than just spending it in front of a screen. That is my point. Yes, I am wasting my time on here... But if the opportunity came up to where I could be doing something else, I rather go do that. Gaia is not a priority to me. Talking to people, yes it is fun, earning items is fun as well, but that is all it is. There is no real life behind it, other than words from the people that create them.

Prophet

quayla666
Because I am wasting my time on here. I could be doing better things with my time, than sitting on here. It is a waste of time to be on here. I am not saying it is a bad site, or anything. But there is a lot more a person can do with themselves, than just spending it in front of a screen. That is my point. Yes, I am wasting my time on here... But if the opportunity came up to where I could be doing something else, I rather go do that. Gaia is not a priority to me. Talking to people, yes it is fun, earning items is fun as well, but that is all it is. There is no real life behind it, other than words from the people that create them.

I'm sorry you feel that way then. That's a real shame because technology has done some wonderful things around the world for many people.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
quayla666

I'm sorry you feel that way then. That's a real shame because technology has done some wonderful things around the world for many people.
This has nothing to do with overall technology.. I do not know where you are getting that one from. I am talking about sitting in front of a screen, all day, doing nothing but gaming. It is a waste.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff