Song lyric contest 0.26785714285714 26.8% [ 60 ]
Poetry contest 0.11607142857143 11.6% [ 26 ]
Art contest (it'll be like song lyric contest) 0.18303571428571 18.3% [ 41 ]
RNG or Dice roll contest 0.3125 31.2% [ 70 ]
Other (post your idea) 0.12053571428571 12.1% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 224 ]

Obsessive Bibliophile

KooHoo-P
Sorry for not chatting here for a while, I was having some thoughts about this charity, it isn't as lively as I was hoping for it to be. But there's still you and I'm content with that.

Be honest, was 100k a decent first donation?

And what're you opinions on SOPA?
It's okay, life happens. As do thoughts. wink I guess maybe it just isn't on the first page enough? Maybe add a banner for people to put into their quest threads? I dunno. I've never run a charity, so I have no idea how to increase visibility. Awww, I make you content? cat_blaugh I'm okay with that.

Decent? Dude, I'm pretty sure it's more than people usually get in one shot, hahaa. Honestly, yes, I was surprised by the amount. A lot of charity owners [not knocking anyone, just observing] tend to save amounts like that for users who repeatedly demonstrate trustworthiness and dedication to the charity and their own quest. So I felt like you were trusting me, which felt good. :3

Oh man. SOPA. Honestly, I think it's a hideous idea. Seriously, think about it -- the median age in Congress is, like, 60. Basically, our grandparents are deciding the future of the internet. They don't even use it like we do! Seriously, throw a Congressperson onto Gaia, and they'd be freaked. And it's not even like Gaia is bad! ...on that note, no one show them 4chan, that would be worse. <_<

I am very against SOPA, because I feel that the restriction of Internet sites [although they say they wouldn't restrict domestic sites, it's for foreign sites using domestic copyrighted materials, which is its own set of problems, given that copyrights don't have to be registered in a national database or anything] is plain wrong. Look at how our government reacted when Egypt took down internet access, and look how they're reacting now. Apparently human rights are for people other than voters. :/

...sorry, I just don't like it. sweatdrop Your thoughts?

Also, I listened to MGMT. Good stuff, I liked it. I found the one MGMT song I have, haha, "Electric Feel." But the songs you recommended were also very good. ^w^
j e l l y p o p l u v
//bounces up and down to get noticed x''D

I just saw your first post ! Haha, at first I was like why is she jiggling her arms.xD

Aged Fatcat

minyfergie
j e l l y p o p l u v

I just saw your first post ! Haha, at first I was like why is she jiggling her arms.xD

I tend to do random stuff to get noticed. Ahehe. c ;
Glad u noticed, lol. //hip thurst

Shoujo Transform

14,075 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Hello. c: !

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Lily DArouet
KooHoo-P
Sorry for not chatting here for a while, I was having some thoughts about this charity, it isn't as lively as I was hoping for it to be. But there's still you and I'm content with that.

Be honest, was 100k a decent first donation?

And what're you opinions on SOPA?
It's okay, life happens. As do thoughts. wink I guess maybe it just isn't on the first page enough? Maybe add a banner for people to put into their quest threads? I dunno. I've never run a charity, so I have no idea how to increase visibility. Awww, I make you content? cat_blaugh I'm okay with that.

Decent? Dude, I'm pretty sure it's more than people usually get in one shot, hahaa. Honestly, yes, I was surprised by the amount. A lot of charity owners [not knocking anyone, just observing] tend to save amounts like that for users who repeatedly demonstrate trustworthiness and dedication to the charity and their own quest. So I felt like you were trusting me, which felt good. :3

Oh man. SOPA. Honestly, I think it's a hideous idea. Seriously, think about it -- the median age in Congress is, like, 60. Basically, our grandparents are deciding the future of the internet. They don't even use it like we do! Seriously, throw a Congressperson onto Gaia, and they'd be freaked. And it's not even like Gaia is bad! ...on that note, no one show them 4chan, that would be worse. <_<

I am very against SOPA, because I feel that the restriction of Internet sites [although they say they wouldn't restrict domestic sites, it's for foreign sites using domestic copyrighted materials, which is its own set of problems, given that copyrights don't have to be registered in a national database or anything] is plain wrong. Look at how our government reacted when Egypt took down internet access, and look how they're reacting now. Apparently human rights are for people other than voters. :/

...sorry, I just don't like it. sweatdrop Your thoughts?

Also, I listened to MGMT. Good stuff, I liked it. I found the one MGMT song I have, haha, "Electric Feel." But the songs you recommended were also very good. ^w^

Yeah, I'm looking to find somebody to do a banner layout for this thread, that way I can also put a banner link in my sig. I'm trying to remember the name of the person who did my petition banner. And yes, it's been great having you stick around.

Awesome, I'm glad to know the donation was a good one. I wouldn't want to cheap out on you. There's plenty more to come.

I'm glad you're against SOPA as well. I've watched some videos on various news sites, and by the sound of it, it seems like youtube is gonna be a target of this legislation. And I also heard some corporations will be given tools they can use to shut down sites they feel are enables to copyright infringement, and they can shut down the site without trial. I'm worried this might just be used as a marketing weapon. Corporations shutting down competing websites.

I know piracy is illegal, but I can't imagine not being able to torrent music and movies. When I first heard about a legislation that would eliminate internet piracy I immediately googled that. So there's some hedonism in my motives, but I'm also worried about the threat to the freedoms we have on the internet.

Glad to know you like it, I'm sorry to say I have yet to check out the songs you listed, but I'm looking them up on youtube and converting them to MP3s as I type. (Kinda coincidental that I'm doing this while talking about SOPA xd ) So I'll quickly get back to you on those songs.

How're your holidays btw?

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
minyfergie
KooHoo-P

so what kind of music do you listen to?

Well, I don't really prefer a certain type of music because I like any music I think is good, if that makes sense. (:

well what do you usually find yourself listening to? Any specific bands or musicians?

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
j e l l y p o p l u v
minyfergie
j e l l y p o p l u v

hip thrust? like a pelvic thrust?

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
B I oo p

Howdy, how're you?

Shoujo Transform

14,075 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
KooHoo-P
B I oo p

Howdy, how're you?

Good, just trying not to exchange fail. > u<
How about you? c:
KooHoo-P
minyfergie
KooHoo-P

Well, I don't really prefer a certain type of music because I like any music I think is good, if that makes sense. (:

well what do you usually find yourself listening to? Any specific bands or musicians?

I usually find myself listening to R&B though, I guess. I like Stevie Hoang & Jason Chen. (: How about yourself ?

Aged Fatcat

KooHoo-P
j e l l y p o p l u v
minyfergie
j e l l y p o p l u v

hip thrust? like a pelvic thrust?

idunno : >
But I think pelvic is more emotion_puke

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
B I oo p
KooHoo-P
B I oo p

Howdy, how're you?

How about you? c:

ah, are you vending?

I'm alright, feeling good about getting this thread back on track. So what would you like to talk about?

Shoujo Transform

14,075 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
KooHoo-P
B I oo p
KooHoo-P
B I oo p

Howdy, how're you?

How about you? c:

ah, are you vending?

I'm alright, feeling good about getting this thread back on track. So what would you like to talk about?

No, just exchanging. But i keep forgetting about the abp if it's lower or not.
& people outbid me by a lot as well.

Thats good. c: !
I'm not exactly sure what to talk about, but I guess what got you to play the piano instead of other instruments? o;

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
minyfergie
KooHoo-P
minyfergie
KooHoo-P

I usually find myself listening to R&B though, I guess. I like Stevie Hoang & Jason Chen. (: How about yourself ?

R&B is good, I wish I knew more musicians of that genre, I haven't heard of the two you listed, would you recommend them?

Recently I've been listening to alot of singer/songwriter music, such as Leonard Cohen and Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes).

Heard of them?

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
B I oo p
KooHoo-P
B I oo p
KooHoo-P
B I oo p

Howdy, how're you?

How about you? c:

ah, are you vending?

No, just exchanging. But i keep forgetting about the abp if it's lower or not.
& people outbid me by a lot as well.

Thats good. c: !
I'm not exactly sure what to talk about, but I guess what got you to play the piano instead of other instruments? o;

Actually, I played guitar for about a year before piano, but I kinda just hit a block with that and gave up. I started listening to more classical and emotional music and I just wanted to see if I could excel in that. And it's actually been progressing very nicely. Much better than guitar.

Do you play any instruments?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces