• Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Chiikau
User Image

D1ary_of_the_Vampz

Whoa, those avatar variations you did for skrinkle look great! : o
Really digging the first two from left.

Why thank you 3nodding I found her avatar adorable, but..eh, slightly bare for me. Just a top, a bottom, shoes and hair (eyes and mouth of course) but too...empty. I'm not fond of full backgrounds, but I thought a twinkle here and there might make it just right. I enjoy the first one the best of all. A twinkle at the ears, a small belt and a goldshop headband just the right color. Subtle changes but pleases to the eye.

Blessed Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
          Why thank you 3nodding I found her avatar adorable, but..eh, slightly bare for me. Just a top, a bottom, shoes and hair (eyes and mouth of course) but too...empty. I'm not fond of full backgrounds, but I thought a twinkle here and there might make it just right. I enjoy the first one the best of all. A twinkle at the ears, a small belt and a goldshop headband just the right color. Subtle changes but pleases to the eye.

Haha, I'm pretty awful at making Gaia avatars, though generally, I think avatars should at least be "balanced" to achieve some harmony between the items -- the hair made it very top heavy, but it still felt empty/could have used a little more extra. Full backgrounds are usually not my style for pixel avatars, but they seem lovely for other bases. I've recently loved some of the full backgrounds, though it's hard to build an avatar around them.

The first one with the twinkles looks charming, and it doesn't detract from the whole much -- the second does have the hat stay as your object of focus for a while. : D

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Chiikau

Haha, I'm pretty awful at making Gaia avatars, though generally, I think avatars should at least be "balanced" to achieve some harmony between the items -- the hair made it very top heavy, but it still felt empty/could have used a little more extra. Full backgrounds are usually not my style for pixel avatars, but they seem lovely for other bases. I've recently loved some of the full backgrounds, though it's hard to build an avatar around them.

The first one with the twinkles looks charming, and it doesn't detract from the whole much -- the second does have the hat stay as your object of focus for a while. : D

That's more or less how I feel about avatars; balance (although I wouldn't say you're awful at making them, yours is quite lovely, mostly white (or silver?) with that hint of color, not distracting, but enough to please the eye. I tend to make my avatars something with purple in it as its my favorite color but I like trying out new things. Oh I loooove these gaia avatars! Tell me the backgrounds and I'm make you a couple of awesome ones. I dislike backgrounds in general but the half backgrounds usually aren't that bad.

Blessed Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
          That's more or less how I feel about avatars; balance (although I wouldn't say you're awful at making them, yours is quite lovely, mostly white (or silver?) with that hint of color, not distracting, but enough to please the eye. I tend to make my avatars something with purple in it as its my favorite color but I like trying out new things. Oh I loooove these gaia avatars! Tell me the backgrounds and I'm make you a couple of awesome ones. I dislike backgrounds in general but the half backgrounds usually aren't that bad.

Thank you very much for saying so. I do try. ;>
For a few days, I kept this avatar with black hair, mostly because it's the hair I've been looking for (when I finally get to dress my avatar like my OC), but then I decided to go with white as well for the hair, after a suggestion I received. (I also had Ophidian Harmony on my hair to "balance" the black, but then I realized it's still not dispersed enough -- there was no black on the middle of the avatar, or even the bottom.)

I'm fond of making avatars with one dominant colour and subtle accents, or having them stick to two-three dominant colours with equal distribution. Shape is something I take into consideration sometimes, though that's not really my forte. :'D

My avatars used to be primarily black/purple and white/cyan in theme, since those are my favourite colour schemes (purple is the colour I like most, as well! /highfives.)

I liked Smoldering Desolation, since I've been looking for that kind of background for a while (this was more for evoking battle/apocalyptic themes.) It doesn't really work too well in practice, though it's interesting to look at. There's also Glimmering Aurora, which I think has a better chance of working properly in an avatar.

Blessed Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

One last bump for me before I go to bed! c:

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Chiikau

Thank you very much for saying so. I do try. ;>
For a few days, I kept this avatar with black hair, mostly because it's the hair I've been looking for (when I finally get to dress my avatar like my OC), but then I decided to go with white as well for the hair, after a suggestion I received. (I also had Ophidian Harmony on my hair to "balance" the black, but then I realized it's still not dispersed enough -- there was no black on the middle of the avatar, or even the bottom.)

I'm fond of making avatars with one dominant colour and subtle accents, or having them stick to two-three dominant colours with equal distribution. Shape is something I take into consideration sometimes, though that's not really my forte. :'D

My avatars used to be primarily black/purple and white/cyan in theme, since those are my favourite colour schemes (purple is the colour I like most, as well! /highfives.)

I liked Smoldering Desolation, since I've been looking for that kind of background for a while (this was more for evoking battle/apocalyptic themes.) It doesn't really work too well in practice, though it's interesting to look at. There's also Glimmering Aurora, which I think has a better chance of working properly in an avatar.

I would've like to see that. I own ophidan harmony and its not...as easy to use as one might think, mostly because its a snake, but also because of the color. *glomps* that's how I work too >w< although I usually work with dual colors, but two that would look right: black and red, cream and mint, pink and white, purple and black. I typically won't go out of that two color range, but sometimes I've gone up to three and four and its come out lovely. *glomps again* Purple people! Woot woot <3 Ah, smoldering desolation is actually one of those few full backgrounds I can live with. I had a customer who wore it often, and I grew to like it. Then again most astra backgrounds are pretty nice. Oh, glimmering aurora is pretty to, and as since its an astra, I can live with it xD Um, look at the following:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shameless Lunatic

OrganicBanana

oh yay!
glad you're back.
how ya doin?

Shameless Lunatic

D1ary_of_the_Vampz

Hey, thanks for the tekteks!
& yes TheSpaceQueen is my mule heart
The tekteks you made look a little bit like the ones I tired out in this thread.
I like the crown, I never would have thought to try out a crown.

Shameless Lunatic

bump

anyone around?

Benevolent Cutesmasher

10,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Good luck on your quest!

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
skrinkleandskrod
Hey, thanks for the tekteks!
& yes TheSpaceQueen is my mule heart
The tekteks you made look a little bit like the ones I tired out in this thread.
I like the crown, I never would have thought to try out a crown.

Eh? Do they? I don't think so. I didn't add anything else to the avatar but subtle differences being head gear and jewelry. Yours have giant differences, to the point that I actually really really enjoy the avatar now. I chose the second by the way. Although princess of the universe (or world, one of them) is way too expensive. I prefer scarlet's mist to vega love when it comes to lips, but the sunade one I like the most of all lips. When it comes to the avatars I did, the crown pleased me, but not as much as the headband. Although I did like that clockworks hat. That was different. Honestly I just feel...its the top that's bothering me. I'm sure there are plenty of black tops that will look amazing with those leggings, hell even a few dresses and skirts could go, but I guess you really liked that top so I didn't change it. Even though I like your second avatar, I feel that either the shirt needs to be changed or the leggings need to go. Perhaps just change into those skinny jeans, the white or black one will do just fine. But that second one, while lovely, the leggings look out of place, hm, let me try something...

Like so: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. or User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Because you changed the arms, you then had to add a top to match the arms, but then the leggings are out of place. Those leggings I feel would only be right with a "starry" top of some sort (maybe that galaxy vest) OR something purple-blue like top.

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
          Actually, yeah, I was right. That galaxy vest DOES go with it, AND it helped with the twinkled earrings. I wasn't for certain what items you used, so I kinda sorta just went with my idea, plus one of yours. I THINK I got the soot like arms right (but theyre gloves) This pleases me. My work here is done xD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shameless Lunatic

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
          Actually, yeah, I was right. That galaxy vest DOES go with it, AND it helped with the twinkled earrings. I wasn't for certain what items you used, so I kinda sorta just went with my idea, plus one of yours. I THINK I got the soot like arms right (but theyre gloves) This pleases me. My work here is done xD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks for your input!
You really like making tekteks sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas