Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

I see people getting offended when they're blocked or being all like "lol dey bloked me i sure trolled them!!!" and I literally don't get what the big deal is? It's just some person you're never even gonna meet.
I mean I can't block people in real life so it's nice to just be like "nah I ain't got time for your silly s**t" and let that be the end of it.

Do you guys ever block someone just for the sake of blocking them?
Why do you think people get so offended or worked up over it?

I'm just curious if other people block users as often as I do, haha......

User Image

In a relationship with Satans Plantations

Timid Tipper

On this site I don't block people very often. Mostly because I have the option to not look at their things on the forum if I dislike them that much. However, there have been 2 people that I talked to that I ended up blocking because they were being so aggressive with me. One of them I blocked and nothing happened. Another person I blocked and they got on a mule and fought with me.

On my SWTOR account though...I ignore so many freaking people. They just spam up the Gen chat!

I think people get upset when you block them without telling them why. They either want to know what they did wrong or they're the type of person that WANTS to fight and that's why you're blocking them in the first place.
I've never blocked anyone on Gaia, never had a reason to either.

Invisible Senshi

I have noticed that...it's weird!!!

Do you guys ever block someone just for the sake of blocking them?
No.
I think it's another reason to argue. "LOL SHE BLOCKED ME CUZ I WIPE HER a** ON DEH FLOOR LOLOL" (I forgot how the exact phrase went)
I saw on one topic, one girl said something that pissed many people off. One told her off and I guess she blocked that user. She came back with another account, told the story and everyone got on her. "You can't block people because they cussed! You'll have no friends!" (or something like that.) I felt bad for her, but eh. There is no use in blocking people. -.- It WILL make things worse.

Chatty Smoker

I only block people who post really rude stuff to me or others repeatedly. I don't need the negativity, so I just chose not to see it.

Tipsy Genius

How do you tell if someone blocked you? I mean, I don't even get how people find out..

Peaceful Bookworm

16,115 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
AngelBiscuits

✰Do you guys ever block someone just for the sake of blocking them? Nope, I usually block someone if they are going to troll me, use me, etc, but I have had mutual blocks before, I just look it up through the friends-list to see if I am blocked by them if I can't see what they post and I just shrug my shoulders at it.
Beats me, I don't think they should make such a big deal about it, especially since your never going to meet the person, so why care?✰

Unsealed Genius

I only blocked one guy on CB cuz he was always posting "Can't we just stop talking about sex?" at the beginning of every thread.

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

I wasn't too into blocking people before, however if I'm in Towns 2 and people are spamming and making it hard for me to have a conversation I tend to block them. I don't really feel like blocking people most of the times. I know they one bother me.

Tricky Exhibitionist

13,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
CB's attitude seems to be that if someone blocks you, you win. Like, what? How did you win? They got tired of your junk and now they don't have to deal with it anymore. If anything, they won, not you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff