Welcome to Gaia! ::

might go EVGA GTX 590 CLASSIFIED Limited Edition 3GB 768-bit GDDR5 PCI express 2.0 x16, 3xDual-Link DVI, DisplayPort, HDCP Ready, QUAD SLI Ready, PhysX, 3D Vision Surround Support Video Card
javecantrell
AyakeMatsui
thankfully im running dual gpus, but i might upgrade them. i must admit when im wrong, i might have underestimated metro 2033

Props to you man. Also, I own Metro, but I haven't played it yet, but from what I hear it's a great game too. So since you do have a rig that can handle it, you might want to check it out.
i saw the trailer since you were talking about it but, it just looks like fallout and has the same storyline to a point. but i might try it
hehe i laughed when i read that review, they didn't have much more power than my cpu like .31 with a quad core
AyakeMatsui
might go EVGA GTX 590 CLASSIFIED Limited Edition 3GB 768-bit GDDR5 PCI express 2.0 x16, 3xDual-Link DVI, DisplayPort, HDCP Ready, QUAD SLI Ready, PhysX, 3D Vision Surround Support Video Card

If you're going to go that route, get 2. Your 2x580 will beat that card as it stands because even though it has 2 gpus, they come underclocked heavily. My rig has 2 of those (which ends up being comparable to 3 of the 580s), and they're being overclocked, I'm not sure how high yet, but I'm not adding liquid cooling to the cards yet, so not as high as the 580 comes clocked stock I'm sure.
AyakeMatsui
i saw the trailer since you were talking about it but, it just looks like fallout and has the same storyline to a point. but i might try it

It's based on a book that was pretty highly regarded. There are definitely similarities to Fallout though, but i can't say how much as I haven't read the book or played the game yet. The book has outstanding reviews on Amazon though. And the game gets a 80.65% rating on Game Rankings and an 81/100 on MetaCritic. Notably the Fallout series is rated much higher (91.92%, 87.02%, 96.00%, 84.44% | 89, 86, 91, 70) but Metro seems worth a play through.
javecantrell
AyakeMatsui

If you're going to go that route, get 2. Your 2x580 will beat that card as it stands because even though it has 2 gpus, they come underclocked heavily. My rig has 2 of those (which ends up being comparable to 3 of the 580s), and they're being overclocked, I'm not sure how high yet, but I'm not adding liquid cooling to the cards yet, so not as high as the 580 comes clocked stock I'm sure.
i always get 2 cards because of my job. But i dont over-clock anything thats mine, things tend to last longer that way razz . had a buddy who liquid cooled everything (my design, he installed. was an amazing unit btw.) only problem he had was the amount of power he was consuming and how hot, and i mean hot his pc got. the tubes started bending and melting.
AyakeMatsui
I always get 2 cards because of my job. But i dont over-clock anything thats mine, things tend to last longer that way razz . had a buddy who liquid cooled everything (my design, he installed. was an amazing unit btw.) only problem he had was the amount of power he was consuming and how hot, and i mean hot his pc got. the tubes started bending and melting.

Understandable. Mine's being done by Origin, they are pretty much the premiere overclockers in the business. So they'll warranty the overclocks on my CPU and GPUs for 3 years, and I will be replacing them after that anyway.
javecantrell
AyakeMatsui
I always get 2 cards because of my job. But i dont over-clock anything thats mine, things tend to last longer that way razz . had a buddy who liquid cooled everything (my design, he installed. was an amazing unit btw.) only problem he had was the amount of power he was consuming and how hot, and i mean hot his pc got. the tubes started bending and melting.

Understandable. Mine's being done by Origin, they are pretty much the premiere overclockers in the business. So they'll warranty the overclocks on my CPU and GPUs for 3 years, and I will be replacing them after that anyway.
i have known them for years and before they got where they were my team was beating them in competitions XD, but ive stopped now that i have kids.
Spirit of the Dream
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 GHz)
Mobo: Gigabyte X38-DQ6
CPU Fan: Scythe Kama Cross
Case: Coolermaster Cosmos RC-1000
PSU: Antec TruePower 650W Modular
RAM: 4GB DDR2 OCZ-Platinum (Revision 2) @ 800 Hz
GPU: Asus EAH6850 Direct CU
HDD: 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 @7200rpm
Optical drive: Samsung SH-S223L 22x DVD±RW with Lightscribe
Monitor: Samsung T220HD

Upgraded.
is you busy:heart are you ok

Interesting Informer

Spirit of the Dream
Spirit of the Dream

Upgraded.

Is that PSU any good? I'm thinking of getting that exact wattage for my build.
Niishawkse
Spirit of the Dream
Spirit of the Dream

Upgraded.

I'd say so. It's run things without a hitch so far, and it's about 2 years old now. Other PSUs I've had were cheap ones that didn't last, so this one's much better in comparison, well worth the added cost.

Interesting Informer

Spirit of the Dream
Niishawkse
Spirit of the Dream
Spirit of the Dream

Upgraded.

I'd say so. It's run things without a hitch so far, and it's about 2 years old now. Other PSUs I've had were cheap ones that didn't last, so this one's much better in comparison, well worth the added cost.

Awesome, and how long have you had that HDD? I thought it was a bit too cheap, but seems like an awesome value.
Niishawkse

Awesome, and how long have you had that HDD? I thought it was a bit too cheap, but seems like an awesome value.

Had the hard drive for about a year now. These days I'd go for the F3 rather than the F1 though, I believe it has faster read/write speeds.
My old Dell Inspiron finally died a couple weeks ago, finally got my new laptop today

Model: HP ProBook 4530s
Processor: Intel i3-2310m 2.1 GHz
Graphics: Intel GMA 3000 HD
Memory: 4 GB DDR3 RAM
HDD: 320 GB internal and 500 GB external
ETC: USB 3.0, Bluetooth 3.0, UEFI

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers