Welcome to Gaia! ::

I liked the music from Snow Drop. Maybe we could convice Howard Shore... blaugh
just a reminder.

this thread is for developement of a

MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE HENTIA.

people new (but interested) in this thread should please visit
www.freewebs.com/project_aphrodite
for all relavent posts up till now + current list of dev team so far.
mind you that that is only a temp dev site.

the official dev go to www.project-aphrodite.org in the future.

for now, now , it's still under construction.

anyone wishing to help out in any way they can is welcom too...
in fact, we encourage it.

for now, talented (anime) artists are what we are in short supply of (just kiretsu right now).
banjer
if you look at the first paragraph of the SDL site. it says that it was made
using opengl. the z-axis acts as layers. no rotation is involved so it is very simple programming. opengl is just as cross platforn and can be used in over 12 different programming languages. plus it's an easy step once you learn 2d, right into 3d programming

If you read further it explains that it CAN use opengl as 3d acceleration. It uses mainly directx as a base for accelerated 2d graphics. OpenGL is for 3d, SDL is for 2d. Since we're making a 2d game (which an isometric engine is). We need to use SDL.
you got me there.

but i still think opengl is better. 1. for the reasons posted ealier, and
2. developement would be slowed down tremendously making everyone learn something that's not very conventional/as well supported(hence name "OPEN graphics line". plus i have class specs that are already under-way, waiting to be posted, and example psuedo code is being written to show how people with only the conceptual knowledge of x and y of the object can help in developement.
SDL is well supported. It has run on every computer I have ever tried ti get it to run on. It's not hard at all to learn either. And it has alot of functions that would benefit this project tremediously.
another thought i had,
opengl is not exclusive to 3d, it has functions for drawing in 2d as we'll.
thats just like saying 2d programmers can't use directdraw because it's a subset of direct X, which is only allowed to be used for 3d.

i just like using opengl quads because if you want layers, u just put the z-axis more in or more out. they are just spaced close together. no spending time teaching myself and others something else that can do the exact same job, and can't be used for anything more
Very well. But when you start having problems, remember this.

*Goes off and codes his own isometric engine*
pm me some good reasons / funcs that u say wil help enourmasly and i'll discuss with the other members tomorrow. remember, good reasons! - i don't want to make decissions on my own without the input of others.

there will probably be a vote/dicussion or something.
the engine is not actually isometric. it's 90 degrees from the "ground"

it's the drawings that make it look isometric.
hey i can definetly help with the story line plots and stuff.
ya, i saw, Snow_S added you. i'll make correction tomorrow... i mean... today...

i need sleep.
FraX
Very well. But when you start having problems, remember this.

*Goes off and codes his own isometric engine*

and this wasn't on my own. this thread isn't the only way i've been communicating with people / members. or even the temp site for that matter
she had me down as not sure so i just informed ya! ^_^
Dont kno why im typing this.

Y'all want me to set up a SourceForge-ish thing on my server entirely? It'd be nice if we had developer/artist/whatever mailinglists and whatever on top of the CVS and stuff... I'll get in touch with my contacts and arrange some artists. xd Sorry, been a tad busy lately.

Music? I'll think up of something, though without a midi keyboard it'll be a slight pain in the a**... Since it is hentai, I assume general anime-ish themes are okay?

Client UI design — has it been worked on? Protocols laid out?

Can we make the scripting aspect easy to do, so that people can develop easily? I'm thinking of MUSH's here, where you can stick in random events, interactions, items, and such on an easy object-oriented basis.

In the dates, we might wanna have like a user-moderation of relationship level — if something the other person does turns you off, you can accordingly push the relationship-o-meter down by a bit and suchlike; this could be tied to a global notion of 'fame' or somesuch, where prospective dates can get to know more about their partner before going on the date (i.e. how nice is he, or a jerk, rich, good in bed wink , etc. � think of word-of-mouth rumours about people)
Hetaira Astriger

Y'all want me to set up a SourceForge-ish thing on my server entirely? It'd be nice if we had developer/artist/whatever mailinglists and whatever on top of the CVS and stuff... I'll get in touch with my contacts and arrange some artists. xd Sorry, been a tad busy lately.

Music? I'll think up of something, though without a midi keyboard it'll be a slight pain in the a**... Since it is hentai, I assume general anime-ish themes are okay?

Client UI design ? has it been worked on? Protocols laid out?

Can we make the scripting aspect easy to do, so that people can develop easily? I'm thinking of MUSH's here, where you can stick in random events, interactions, items, and such on an easy object-oriented basis.

In the dates, we might wanna have like a user-moderation of relationship level ? if something the other person does turns you off, you can accordingly push the relationship-o-meter down by a bit and suchlike; this could be tied to a global notion of 'fame' or somesuch, where prospective dates can get to know more about their partner before going on the date (i.e. how nice is he, or a jerk, rich, good in bed wink , etc. ? think of word-of-mouth rumours about people)

Sounds like good ideas. Unforantly I personnally do not have time myself too write the documentation but it shouldn't take that long I guess. Since it'll probably only be like 3 pages long if it is kept simple enough too allow it too be more dynamic. I like the fame-o-meter, could be like an average and tell people how many dates they have been on, however unless server-side saving is used people will give themselfs top marks with a bit of hex editing.

I am currently in college so do not expect me too be talking too much at the moment ^^;. Still keep the input coming smile .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff