Welcome to Gaia! ::

R3sistance

I like the idea of layers hee. That way it would be alot more fun and customizible. Espically if you can buy clothes in a clothes shop and that kind of thing hee... And if the defualt body would then by the character naked... hee ^^;. Ah wells.

Hehe, yea. The base characters would be naked. This really alows for a lot of options, just like here. You can buy clothes, put what you want on, and also add more as time goes on.

Only thing is that there should be a base clothing you cant take off till the intimate stuff. No streaking dates. blaugh
Kiretsu
R3sistance

I like the idea of layers hee. That way it would be alot more fun and customizible. Espically if you can buy clothes in a clothes shop and that kind of thing hee... And if the defualt body would then by the character naked... hee ^^;. Ah wells.

Hehe, yea. The base characters would be naked. This really alows for a lot of options, just like here. You can buy clothes, put what you want on, and also add more as time goes on.

Only thing is that there should be a base clothing you cant take off till the intimate stuff. No streaking dates. blaugh

yeah... well not until like atleast the 5th date with somebody... XD. After people probably already been too the love hotel! hee hee just kidding... nah streaking in dates seems like a bad idea I must say
you kids and your pr0n

tsk tsk
One other thing... do we want to allow for Yuri and Yaoi dates?

I think we should.

And also, I think we should just keep things to couples. No group stuff, at least not in the intimate way. Dates are something else. Group excoursions could be nifty.
Foolish
you kids and your pr0n

tsk tsk

Hey, I am older then you by like... erm 5 or 6 months... Well I am 20 next month on the 24th XP. Nothing wrong with Hentai now. Espically if the other person is a real person hee hee ^^.
Kiretsu

I think we should.

And also, I think we should just keep things to couples. No group stuff, at least not in the intimate way. Dates are something else. Group excoursions could be nifty.

Yuri and Yaoi, forgive if I am wrong is lesbian Hentai and gay Hentai, Yeah allow for them ^^. No group stuff! This isn't just about the hentai it's also about building up relationships.
R3sistance
Kiretsu

I think we should.

Yuri and Yaoi, forgive if I am wrong is lesbian Hentai and gay Hentai, Yeah allow for them ^^. No group stuff! This isn't just about the hentai it's also about building up relationships.

Yuri== Lesbian

Yaoi== Gay

So yea, you were right. 3nodding

Oh, so it isnt about the secks? sad blaugh
Kiretsu
R3sistance
Kiretsu

I think we should.

Yuri== Lesbian

Yaoi== Gay

So yea, you were right. 3nodding

Oh, so it isnt about the secks? sad blaugh

lol. It's mainly about the dating and then the hentai stuff comes along when two people like each other enough hee ^^. That is why the 3 date limit is being used. Anyways I am going for a little bit too play a game XP.
collision detection would be the easiest thing in the world, everything would be moving on one plane so assign everything a "collision box" segment the world for gouped collision to save processing power and memory (same as 2d). i agree that 3d models are too ambitios. though, a 3d view on 2d characters with multivle levels(y axis), and 2d movement, is just slightly harder than a 2d world with 2d movement on only one level. also creating and keeping track of all the artwork for the characters items/articles of clothing if any, is a huge job. especialy at 8 different angles, or even 4. but i gues you could flip the images to save creation time and hd space.

also, with 3d worlds, people who make maps for games like half life on a regular basis could easily create more worlds /w new events / things to do. people submit the're towns, or places, and you make a patch every once in a while of the most popular places. people could choose towns like they choose forums.And because we could limit map polygon count and texture size people can go to privatly hosted towns not included in the patch that could be dynamicly loaded from the person who hosts it. people could make a bar for instance, or a strip club, or a nudest colony, or a specialized building made for a setting for cybering in a particular way, or a church or a mosque for getting married, or a section of mission street in san fransisco for homosexual gatherings and such. it would all be helpful for expandability, and the growth of the game with minimal maintanance from us.
Try not to make this too similar to The Sims Online.
if you need a place to talk about non-PG-13 stuff go to www.dioskuri.tk
ill make a section for you smile
my idea is to use the sims as a guide, they alredy have all right elements of general gameplay, i just thought we'd add new elements tweak the style to fit the purpose, and allow expandability from the masses. thats what made half-life mods so popular, especially counter-strike. im not saying we have to give away the source, just allow people to design the type of world they/other people want, ie custom maps.

also i thought that the view type for traversing the world would be like xenogears, except with a higher angle of attack (view equals 60-75 degrees insteade of xeno's 40-55 degrees) to disguise lack of heigt variability on the terrain, ie things like sidewalks, rough/uneven ground, stairs, and other walk-overable objects would be textured directly onto a flat plane for simplity. a single textured quad could pass for houses and buildings if there was no view rotating on the y axis, and a cube if there was rotation.
While incredibly simplified and just a feature more than a game itself, you should check out the Romance system on www.lunatix-online.com . They have a 2 week trial if you want to check it out. Deal is your a mental patient. One of the things you can do once a day is send a romantic note to someone. If they accept it, you get experience. If you send 4 or 5 and they all get accepted, then your able to invite them over to your room. Hanky panky takes place and you get a notch on your bedpost. There are also NPCs to get hanky panky from (ok, I like saying that, sue me) for the less able in romance.
Quote:
While incredibly simplified and just a feature more than a game itself, you should check out the Romance system on www.lunatix-online.com . They have a 2 week trial if you want to check it out. Deal is your a mental patient. One of the things you can do once a day is send a romantic note to someone. If they accept it, you get experience. If you send 4 or 5 and they all get accepted, then your able to invite them over to your room. Hanky panky takes place and you get a notch on your bedpost. There are also NPCs to get hanky panky from (ok, I like saying that, sue me) for the less able in romance.

Hmmm........Crosshatch like. Except for the mental patient thing.

It's a pity I can't do this, but I'll help plan/map it out. I like mapping things out.

You should take a look at the dating sims on Newgrounds. The Love Hina DS basically uses pre-fab'd backgrounds, based on the manga/anime designs, and subs in 2d drawn pictures. It's pretty involved. Lemme find a link:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=144166

don't beat me if it doesn't pass link rating muster.
Great too see all these ideas but the idea of the sim too me... it just wouldn't be personnal enough for the dates and love hotel, might be cool for lobby chatrooms for people too meet in tho, something a bit like hobbo hotel but toned done and with a different look/style too it.

banjer
im not saying we have to give away the source

Erm does get away from the idea of it been an Open source project hee. The source code will most likely be open too all since it'll be very hard too just limit it too people who visit this forum I just find it unlikely many people from outside the forum will actually get involved until it is released anyways.

as for the idea of prefab backgrounds, I am uncertain about that one since there are allsorts of copyrights that come along with that where as if people make pictures for this then it doesn't risk that problem.

I am against the use for 3D for various reasons on this one. Thing is using whatever method there will be more glitches and graphics problems with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff