Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep the main thread uncluttered with potential scripts ideas I have made this thread for the development of story lines ^_^

Main thread is here incase you need a link for some reason smile

Storys and Concepts

when writing a story consider info the programmers might need for example main functions like if there is a battle system how will life or points or whatever work etc because a story is a not a game script, the concept for a game has to be made before the story so the engine can be made and the functions can be developed, once you have those guide lines the story has to fit around it, think of the way games you have played work, like secret of mana, the stuff you can do doesn't change later in the game at all and the story does not effect the

thats probably not the best explanation of writing a game script as its not my forté but it seems to me concepts for this game are more important than storys at the moment and any story you write has to either come with its own concept or be based on mine on the first page.

My suggestion on the main page of the other thread is a game concept where the most important details are that you find items around a simulation of the gaia maps via bouncing pink boxes and solve riddles to find them through NPCs who are well known people actually around gaia so as you see is lacking a story (aside from the possible being hacked of all the items you got and having to get lanzer back)so perhaps the creation of a story to fit that concept would be better for the technical people than storys not based on a game concept much like mole~sans is smile

The way I see it is storys are not of very much use to the making of a game, they come after the game has been made and in fact are a finishing touch. Its the same with the graphics, these things can only be made when you have a game to put them in and so are made after the game its self.
Second Official Post!

I am thinking of being a artist and helping handling the website, since I'm good at that. All though I will still be programming 3nodding . Still waiting for Alanya on her say about my transisitions.
Ok, taken from FFXI, some quests are available in certain levels
And let the lanzer shrine be taken from vatican city, or emphasize the importance of the lanzer quest

Also make some items give you special abilities like Def+

Or flame clothes that let you in newb HQ
Kapao69x5
Ok, taken from FFXI, some quests are available in certain levels
And let the lanzer shrine be taken from vatican city, or emphasize the importance of the lanzer quest

Also make some items give you special abilities like Def+

Or flame clothes that let you in newb HQ
Aren't we trying to forget the fact that it's a forum, and I'm really getting tired of this n00b or newb crap. We make a big deal out of it.
Cloud Sabrefang
Second Official Post!

I am thinking of being a artist and helping handling the website, since I'm good at that. All though I will still be programming 3nodding . Still waiting for Alanya on her say about my transisitions.

If your going to post a request in the forum there is no need to pm me persoanlly ^_^ then every one will know what you have to offer ^_^

this thread if for concept or story suggestions so there is also no need to post that here sweatdrop but when the time comes for artists and web designers alike to get to work I will make sure your involved so you don't have to fret about being left out and post your offer a million times and pm me every few days lol.

I will introduce you to the other artists and web designers as we are needed, they are 2 friends from university (both on my graphic art course) and a guy who works in the studio next to mine and they are a friendly bunch so I'm sure we will all get on great ^_^
Alanya
The way I see it is storys are not of very much use to the making of a game, they come after the game has been made and in fact are a finishing touch. Its the same with the graphics, these things can only be made when you have a game to put them in and so are made after the game its self.
My 2 cents:

I am currently working on an MMORPG project myself. The story is the FIRST thing that we are going to be working on. Based on the story, the setting, the characters, etc. you build your game. The graphics, the environment, the architecture, everything has to fit in with your story.
Kiro LeMark
Alanya
My 2 cents:

I am currently working on an MMORPG project myself. The story is the FIRST thing that we are going to be working on. Based on the story, the setting, the characters, etc. you build your game. The graphics, the environment, the architecture, everything has to fit in with your story.

a story is not a game plan is what I mean, the concept is what makes the game, perhaps I am being unclear as to what I mean, game design is not my forté but I have gotten a game script writer and published novelist to agree to editing any final product so w00t for us smile
Very nice. I'm currently working on the storyline for our MMORPG, and it's alot of fun. Since it's an MMORPG, there is no real start-to-finish storyline, so I have to basically build a world that can expand and is interesting.

Heh, i'm published too. whee
Kiro LeMark
Very nice. I'm currently working on the storyline for our MMORPG, and it's alot of fun. Since it's an MMORPG, there is no real start-to-finish storyline, so I have to basically build a world that can expand and is interesting.

Heh, i'm published too. whee

wow, that sounds really cool, whats it called?

we can't make a gaia MMORPG coz of copyright but one day I hope to work on one, sprite based MMORPGs are cool (as a pixel artists anything sprite/tile based is cool in my books lol) I would love to work on one smile

what are you published with? I tried to get a short novel publish (just under 40,00 words so its wasn't quite a full novel) but they rejected it lol sweatdrop

but I was like 15 at the time and lame smile
Hmmmmm, well, why don't we all join together and make a different game, unrelated to Gaia, it would be able to be made quicker, and we wouldn't have to worry about copyright issues and all.
Mole~San
Hmmmmm, well, why don't we all join together and make a different game, unrelated to Gaia, it would be able to be made quicker, and we wouldn't have to worry about copyright issues and all.

I would love to, but I would also like to make this game smile if you come up with a team and a story etc I would be happy to offer my services as an artist/web designer in exchange for help with story suggestions in this game smile

All the talk of MMORPG's makes me want to make one of those *sigh*

but I still think a gaia game would be amazing, even if it is only a simulation of gaia ^_^
Mole, if you do decide to leave this group can we still use ideas from your suggestions, I dont know if we will but we might want to, would that be ok?

don't leave! I know we had a bit of a tiff before but talking through text makes things come out wrong and is open to loads of interpritation and I'm sure we can work it out,

I added you to my msn and am just about to sign on
Well, right now most of the information about it is underwraps, but if it works out to be all that we hope it to be, it will definetly be one kickass game.

I have a few poems published, both in spanish and english. God only knows who it's with, my uncle did most of that, I just wrote and gave him my work ^^
Kiro LeMark
Well, right now most of the information about it is underwraps, but if it works out to be all that we hope it to be, it will definetly be one kickass game.

I have a few poems published, both in spanish and english. God only knows who it's with, my uncle did most of that, I just wrote and gave him my work ^^

wow thats pretty cool smile

well if you ever need a pixel artist it dosn't hurt to ask razz

I am trying to build a portfolio for this game design school in romania as apparently an graphics design degree isn't enough?!!? stare
Heh, pixel artists are awesome. However, the particular graphics style we've chosen has more to do with 3dsmax and other nifty nifty programs. It's a big project, but we have some good programmers and artists on our side. Now if only I can arse the architecture/environmental designer into making some race specific buildings *grins*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff