Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kiro LeMark
Heh, pixel artists are awesome. However, the particular graphics style we've chosen has more to do with 3dsmax and other nifty nifty programs. It's a big project, but we have some good programmers and artists on our side. Now if only I can arse the architecture/environmental designer into making some race specific buildings *grins*

wow thats cool smile how are going to fund the hosting to begin with? membership or ads?

3d studio and me never hit it off, maya is ok but to complicated, but 3d modeling is what Im going back to uni to learn, but in romania sweatdrop well hopefully smile
One of the guys is running their own server, so it'll run on that.

3D Studio Max and me are good buddies. Maya is neat, but I haven't gone in depth as much as I have with Max.

3D Modelling is very very fun stuff =p
Kiro LeMark
One of the guys is running their own server, so it'll run on that.

3D Studio Max and me are good buddies. Maya is neat, but I haven't gone in depth as much as I have with Max.

3D Modelling is very very fun stuff =p

Im so envious, I got to use CAD/CAM systems at uni for modeling but that and my own exploration are about as far as my experiance goes, there is this amazing guy who works in the design studio a few floors down in our building who has offered to show me around but he is a little freaky, so I might give it a miss lol smile
Hehe. Right now they're pretty closed about accepting new members, so we'll see how things turn out. Good luck on your game, it sounds like a grand idea whee
Kiro LeMark
Hehe. Right now they're pretty closed about accepting new members, so we'll see how things turn out. Good luck on your game, it sounds like a grand idea whee

thanks a lot smile keep in touch, maybeI can pick your 3d studio knowing brain some time smile
Hey guys, I wont leave, and I have nothing against you ALanya believe me, you are all great people. I was just thinking, because the admins dont want us to make an RPG. And that's what I'm best at. But I can still stay and help, but how would you like to make a pixel RPG? Or we could start our own game making studio type thing, I think we would make a great team.

And, I don't understand can we actually start the Gaia Game, or are the admins still discussing it, and why can't we make an RPG, thats the best sorta game for an "Online Role-Playing Community".
Will do. Just PM me if you need anything, i'll see if I can remember xd

G'luck on your DJs quest too!
Anyone here? gonk
Perhaps we can actually go ahead with the game, but use different names, pictures, etc. It's a fairly general thing except for references to "Lanzer" and "Barton" and whatnot.
If we do get the approval (*still has crossed fingers*) then we can simply change the names and pictures.
Maybe whee
Hey guys, my old account Mole~San got hacked! So........... I have to be Mole~San II!

It sucks, I just got a racoon tail.
Mole~San II
Hey guys, my old account Mole~San got hacked! So........... I have to be Mole~San II!

It sucks, I just got a racoon tail.

ahhh thats lame!

I have been in hospital having my wisdom teeth removed so I haven't been around last few day.

Ug the pain killers make me so sleepy, I will be back to morrow bright and in less pain hopefully ^_^
If we DO get approval, which will be in some time later, with lanzer's archiving and whatnot, which parts of Gaia are we going to use...?
like town models, or mixing things from other places...?
Alanya
Kiro LeMark
Heh, pixel artists are awesome. However, the particular graphics style we've chosen has more to do with 3dsmax and other nifty nifty programs. It's a big project, but we have some good programmers and artists on our side. Now if only I can arse the architecture/environmental designer into making some race specific buildings *grins*

wow thats cool smile how are going to fund the hosting to begin with? membership or ads?

3d studio and me never hit it off, maya is ok but to complicated, but 3d modeling is what Im going back to uni to learn, but in romania sweatdrop well hopefully smile

You should also try Blender ( http://www.blender.org/ ) since it's free (open-source), and from interviews I've both watched and read, I know that it is used enough to be considered significant in the gaming industry.
Kapao69x5
If we DO get approval, which will be in some time later, with lanzer's archiving and whatnot, which parts of Gaia are we going to use...?
like town models, or mixing things from other places...?

I figured a pixel version of map to wander around where you can walking in and out of the buildings because the fun of this game is going to be that its a gaia simulation so keeping it true to the website would be cool.
Hey, I thought I'd post my storyline again, as its now in a different topic, tell me what you think and then I can work on it, and give some ideas about side quests.

Storyline
The opening scene, your character's mother and father in hospital, holding you, the scene is silhouetted, with some pixel art images, like flashes. Then you see your character 15 years later, in Gaian's secondary school. He finishes his school day, and he is walking home with his best mate, and his girlfriend.

His mind is elsewhere, when suddenly, out of nowhere, a Gaian messenger with wings on his shoes, flies down to our hero. He tells him that he is wanted at the shrine (where only few people are allowed to enter).

He is bewildered but agrees to go, the messenger gives him some of his winged shoes and tells him to follow, he waves goodbye to his girl and his mate, as he flies off towards the shrine with the messenger.

When our hero gets to the shrine, he is amazed at the architecture and busyness of the shrine, he goes down many hallways with loads of doors (a lot like the hallway in the matrix, with doors leading to loads of places, ya know, the white one).

Anyway, when he gets to a gold door, he is lead in, and the room, is silent, with VO and L0cke floating in the center of the room, they stand up and drop to the floor, welcoming our hero, he bows and asks them why he has been summoned here, ya know he's not worthy and all that stuff.

VO and L0cke explain that they are powerful, but they cant stop the powerful race of the Regi (pronounced "reg-e" etc.) without Lanzer, but he has been captured, and its up to our hero to get him back, because they believe he is the Messiah who has been spoken off in many prophicies.

Our hero is bemused, but agrees to the challenge. VO and L0cke then start chanting furiously and then a sword glowing a bright power appears in front of our hero.

VO and L0cke explain that to prove he is the Messiah he must withstand the force of darkness (Regi). Vo and L0cke then bring in a Regi and he shoots a powerful blast of his dark chii, it hurtles towards our hero, but the blast just disintegrates as it hits him.

VO and L0cke nod at each other and they hand him the Requiem Sword. They show him how to use it, and they teach hi his first technique (we'll make something up for that, I thought maybe some techniques would give it that replay value).

Our hero then sets back home to tell his friends and family about it and then our hero must pick 3 out of 8 different characters to join him in his quest. (His girlfriend, his mate, whoever ok?)

And then the story begins, along the way, various twists and turns happen, we will have to discuss them; maybe his girlfriend becomes in danger, or one of his companions dies.

Who knows?

But I came up with a name for the game:

"Gaia: Tale of the Requiem Sword" Or something along those lines. Heh!

So waddya all think?

I hope ya'll like it!

Give me some feed back, who likes the idea, any suggestions, whatever, its just an idea!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff