Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sitwon
SlackerInside
Quote:
but if we make a current the device halts.. and stops working.. So its all voltage and no amperes..
rofl

Watts = Volts * Amps, so if Amps = 0 then Watts = Volts * 0.
As we all know, Volts * 0 can be simplified to 0.
Therefore, Watts = 0.

Unless this guy is using negative Watts to turn the motor I don't see how this can be seen as a net gain in power.

Zombie quote I know, but just felt like throwing this out there;

When controlling motors you vary the current or voltage (using transformers or power converters) to control the motor's mechanical behaviour. Current is proportional to torque so if you have high current the motor can stall. With any motor there is some optimum operation point for power production because of this mechanical torque-speed characteristic. A great example is a wind turbine where the wind just isn't very strong and its ability to spin the turbine is very non-linear.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Gharbad
Sitwon
SlackerInside
Quote:
but if we make a current the device halts.. and stops working.. So its all voltage and no amperes..
rofl

Therefore, Watts = 0.

Unless this guy is using negative Watts to turn the motor I don't see how this can be seen as a net gain in power.

When controlling motors you vary the current or voltage (using transformers or power converters) to control the motor's mechanical behaviour. Current is proportional to torque so if you have high current the motor can stall. With any motor there is some optimum operation point for power production because of this mechanical torque-speed characteristic. A great example is a wind turbine where the wind just isn't very strong and its ability to spin the turbine is very non-linear.
I'm sorry. What are you getting at? Please spell it out for me.
Sitwon
Gharbad
Sitwon
SlackerInside
Quote:
rofl

Therefore, Watts = 0.

That there's a tiny glimmer of reality in that guys nonsense.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Gharbad
Sitwon
Gharbad
Sitwon
SlackerInside
Quote:
rofl

Therefore, Watts = 0.

That there's a tiny glimmer of reality in that guys nonsense.
Sure, there always is. Just enough to bait you. But there is no such thing as free energy, you can't just expect it to work because you choose not to believe in the laws of physics.
summary
Windows 7 says I'm using 4 gigs while I"m playing street fighter, so I wanna upgrade to 12 gigs!

Lolwat.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
This wasn't in the C&T, but it fits.

B
Chrome crashed my computer. After several diagnostic tests done by 3 different people/groups, that was what was determined to be the source of the crash. I have a top of the line laptop, and that should never have happened with what you consider to be a superior browser.

My boyfriend is a programmer and had to re-write Chrome so it wouldn't do the same to HIS laptop.

FireFox is still superior for now. It's not "shitty." It sounds a little to me like you're being a snob

Shameless Enabler

Sonic Offline
This wasn't in the C&T, but it fits.

B
Chrome crashed my computer. After several diagnostic tests done by 3 different people/groups, that was what was determined to be the source of the crash. I have a top of the line laptop, and that should never have happened with what you consider to be a superior browser.

My boyfriend is a programmer and had to re-write Chrome so it wouldn't do the same to HIS laptop.

FireFox is still superior for now. It's not "shitty." It sounds a little to me like you're being a snob
Yeah dawg, I rewrite my browser all the time. I mean, don't you?
Good lulz rofl

Liberal Nerd

Back to life we are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out