Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Bunny

19,915 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Friendly 100
I'm having trouble with items in the shops. I have access to the shops but when I click on an item the dialogue box, the one with the options to either buy or try on the item, doesn't pop up. I've checked several of the shops and it seems that no matter what shop I'm in, if I click on an item nothing happens. So, as of right now I can't buy or try on anything via the shops. Has anyone had, or is anyone having, a similar problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT 8/19/14

*I'm using Google Chrome and the browser is up to date.
*I have McAfee SiteAdvisor and Advanced System Care Surfing Protection
*I've tried using IE as well as Firefox. In IE the shops don't even load correctly and in FireFox I am able to click on items and have the dialogue box pop up but I have not checked all shops.
*As of today, while using Chrome, I was able to click on a few items in Rococo and Barton Boutique and the dialogue box popped up but not for all items or any other stores.

Backwoods Survivor

Voted <3
And, as of yesterday, it's when I noticed, i too couldn't get the window to open. Haven't tried the other shops.

Bashful Bunny

19,915 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Friendly 100
Whatta_Hay

Ah, thank you. Also, it's good to hear I'm not alone but I'm sorry it's happening to you, too!

Bashful Bunny

19,915 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Friendly 100
Gaia, pls.

Friendly Lunatic

18,875 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I didn't notice it till today, but I can't get items 2 pop up in any stores, not even the cash shop that they fill the announcements with stuff begging us 2 buy... They 2 worried about fixing stuff that ain't broke, like the new header... The old 1 worked just fine, but the stores show a blank page & sounds like this is the 3rd day & it still is not fixed... This is really bad management on gaias part , but whatta ya expect from the new owner(s)... Gaia has been going hill 4 a while now... BUT I DO WANT 2 BE ABLE 2 VISIT SHOPS & BUY STUFF, WHATEVER IT MAY BE...
They could at least send out staff notices 2 let us know when it will be fixed, like they do other stuff..

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
Ola-May
I'm having trouble with items in the shops. I have access to the shops but when I click on an item the dialogue box, the one with the options to either buy or try on the item, doesn't pop up. I've checked several of the shops and it seems that no matter what shop I'm in, if I click on an item nothing happens. So, as of right now I can't buy or try on anything via the shops. Has anyone had, or is anyone having, a similar problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same problem, More like what Sam said... I agree with her they bug us about buying stuff & they can't even maintain the stores, that's just plain out sorry on their part... Hope they fix it soon...

Bashful Bunny

19,915 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Friendly 100
Morrigan Skylar
Ola-May

I'm having the same problem, More like what Sam said... I agree with her they bug us about buying stuff & they can't even maintain the stores, that's just plain out sorry on their part... Hope they fix it soon...

Yeah I'm having problems with the cash shops as well. Also with the "invite a friend" to gaia, I never lets me past the screen where you're meant to enter in the email addresses. So many bugs and not enough fixing. It's sad.

28,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
Bump...WHAT GIVES gaia?????????????????

Please get your butts in gear and fix this... scream

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Quote:
"Why does it take so long to get some glitches fixed?"
  • The cause has not yet been identified
    It's easy to say what a glitch does, and sometimes much harder to figure out why or what is causing it to do that

I'm not having this problem (and I have tested multiple accounts) so it seems to be something with your computer.
In order to help the staff locate what could be causing this, you might want to edit your first post so that it follows the Bug Report Format, or at least provide information such as:
  • What browser are you using?
  • Is your browser up to date?
  • Have you tried any other browsers?
  • Have you tried clearing cache?
  • Do you have any addons like BetterGaia, GaiaUtils, etc. installed? Or ad-blocking addons? Have you tried disabling those?
  • Have you tried temporarily disabling any security software/addons? (Kapersky sometimes causes problems, there might be others as well)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
ozkur
Bump...WHAT GIVES gaia?????????????????

Please get your butts in gear and fix this... scream

If U R using Firefox R Waterfox, try using Google Chrome... I can get the shops using Google, but not the others... I usually use Waterfox, but the have had a few issues lately... Hope this helps..

Barton Spirit

8,525 Points
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Millionaire 200
Hi, I can't even open the shops. I'm also using Google chrome and have tried IE.

Eternal Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Bump x1000, since they won't open and we're having the same ******** problem again.

I think the reason why it's happening this time is because I used google to get to the treehouse, and they're adding new items for the spirit of summer event, and apparently the most logical thing to do is DISABLE THE WHOLE DIRECTORY AND MAKE IT INTO A BUGGY MESS. cat_burning_eyes

Mega Hoarder

Lena9016
Bump x1000, since they won't open and we're having the same ******** problem again.

I think the reason why it's happening this time is because I used google to get to the treehouse, and they're adding new items for the spirit of summer event, and apparently the most logical thing to do is DISABLE THE WHOLE DIRECTORY AND MAKE IT INTO A BUGGY MESS. cat_burning_eyes

I couldn't get into any shops thru the shop page either.

I did finally get in by gong to the cash shop first (the link under the shops tab)

Lunatic

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Quote:
"Why does it take so long to get some glitches fixed?"
  • The cause has not yet been identified
    It's easy to say what a glitch does, and sometimes much harder to figure out why or what is causing it to do that

I'm not having this problem (and I have tested multiple accounts) so it seems to be something with your computer.
In order to help the staff locate what could be causing this, you might want to edit your first post so that it follows the Bug Report Format, or at least provide information such as:
  • What browser are you using?
  • Is your browser up to date?
  • Have you tried any other browsers?
  • Have you tried clearing cache?
  • Do you have any addons like BetterGaia, GaiaUtils, etc. installed? Or ad-blocking addons? Have you tried disabling those?
  • Have you tried temporarily disabling any security software/addons? (Kapersky sometimes causes problems, there might be others as well)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Just because you're not having the issue doesn't mean its that persons computer. Gaia is messing up for people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff