Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Shapeshifter

10,500 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Winter Creator
Where do I report that almost none of the bugs/trash/flowers I pick up in Towns gets put in my inventory, even though I save it?

I'm having the same problem, I just started a thread for it out of this one :u
My house doesn't load. It stops at 100%, but I can walk through town just fine stare confused
Well I wrote like a week and ahalf ago and still noone even responded. Like it would be nice to hear a heads up or something or atleast someone reasuring us that things are getting worked on rather then just typing whats wrong and nothing is said

Witty Conversationalist

14,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
My trash is saving now.

However there are no bugs when I go in towns anymore.

I need to collect 24 more blue beetles, but for the past 3 days, I have had any bugs whatsoever in Towns.

Havi's Wife

Dapper Millionaire

10,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the proper place to report this... but I haven't play Gaia in a long time (aside from logging in to check up, y'know?) and I discovered a bit of an issue on my account today! I surmise it happened when you updated Houses to this newest version, causing the "earthquake" to reset our houses and force us to redecorate.. but anyway, I happen to have a cute little house in 001008 and tend to keep it put together because it is on the first page and it's nice to have visitors.

Anyway, I noticed my house was cleared so I went to redecorate it-- I noticed right off that some items were missing from my housing storage, but half assumed that they were not allowed in houses for what ever reason. One of these items is my 2004 Gambino Memorial Photo thing, which serves no purpose aside from being a cute housing decoration.

Eventually I figured out where the storage/housing items were located, and discovered this situation:

Items accessible via my house: http://i.imgur.com/UJHra.png
House "inventory" according to the organizer: http://i.imgur.com/aREWK.png

So, essentially, no matter how you look at it there are some inconsistencies here. A number of items are locked, and I'm unable to remove them from my inventory-- and others, such as the G9 Laptop, are unlocked even though they are saved in my house. I'm pretty sure I can pull them into my inventory which, I worry, may duplicate the item(s).

Is there a reset I can do on my end to fix this? Or could someone take care of it for me? :)

Aged Genius

Zoe Ann
My house doesn't load. It stops at 100%, but I can walk through town just fine stare confused

Have you saved your house recently?
Rhi
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the proper place to report this... but I haven't play Gaia in a long time (aside from logging in to check up, y'know?) and I discovered a bit of an issue on my account today! I surmise it happened when you updated Houses to this newest version, causing the "earthquake" to reset our houses and force us to redecorate.. but anyway, I happen to have a cute little house in 001008 and tend to keep it put together because it is on the first page and it's nice to have visitors.

Anyway, I noticed my house was cleared so I went to redecorate it-- I noticed right off that some items were missing from my housing storage, but half assumed that they were not allowed in houses for what ever reason. One of these items is my 2004 Gambino Memorial Photo thing, which serves no purpose aside from being a cute housing decoration.

Eventually I figured out where the storage/housing items were located, and discovered this situation:

So, essentially, no matter how you look at it there are some inconsistencies here. A number of items are locked, and I'm unable to remove them from my inventory-- and others, such as the G9 Laptop, are unlocked even though they are saved in my house. I'm pretty sure I can pull them into my inventory which, I worry, may duplicate the item(s).

Is there a reset I can do on my end to fix this? Or could someone take care of it for me? :)

Having the same problem here

Newbie Noob

Ancap
Rhi

Having the same problem here
Same. Havent checked my house in 7 years and this is one of the reasons I left. Still havent been able to get half my items back out of my house.

Cheery Cutesmasher

6,350 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
carbonphyber
We are aware that a lot of users are experiencing issues loading/editing their houses / homes.

We are in the process of testing the fix. It was supposed to be out more than two weeks ago but our testing team is very good at finding bugs! It should only be a matter of days until the fix is released. Please try and hang in there... I promise it'll be worth (at least part of) the wait!

stare Annnd? This was posted in November of 2011... And no a peep since.*
Still broke chief, still just sweeping the floor like nobody's business and I'm starting to worry about whomever's doing the sweeping here... Either they've become addicted to the motion of the broom or they're going to die from all the dust in the air. Either way it's not good news for the Players.
At Least give us some clue as to why nothing's been done on it. You seem to think that no news is good news and have clammed up. Not seeming to realise that the radio silence isn't helping, it's just pissing us off Worse.
rolleyes We've had how many announcements about your events, new features and so forth but nothing about this and some of the other glitches folks have mentioned... Please, just fix the stuff that's broken. You can play later, now's when you do the tedious work of combing the bugs out of our collective hair. Thank you.

*-edit- Oh wait, somebody showed up and asked if somebody saved recently. That was it. Yay. No reply, just a question. No explanation, no actual Fix, just a query that will, excuse me, MAY likely lead to blaming the person posting the bug instead of fixing the bug.
Goody. stare

Shirtless Ladykiller

I hope it's the right topic to post this, as it's a Gaia Towns related error.

I recently started using Towns after about one and a half year, and in my home, everything is fine, but once I leave the house and enter Towns, I'm stuck at this particular spot on the screen, and cannot move from there.
If I warp to another part of Towns via searching, I still appear at that spot, and can't move from it. I even tried making my avatar sit down and stand back up, but I'm still stuck.
I tried on Firefox, Chrome and Explorer, no luck with either one.
Can someone help me out?
♣♣♣ I've Been Trying For Ages To Enter My House... Which Was Hit By An Earthquake And Emptied Of ALL It's Magickal Furnishings And Decorations! ♠ Well... The Page Just Loaded To "Sweeping The Floor" But, No Further, Each Time I Tried! ♠ Then Finally Last Night I Was Finally Able To Get Into My Home To Decorate It... I Had It Wonderously Set Up... Beautifully Magickal! ♠ I Clicked SAVE And A Box Came Up Saying "ERROR: Your House Was Not Saved! Try Again!" ♠ Well... I TRIED Several Times Again Last Night And Each Time My Newly Decorated House Would Not SAVE!!! ♠ I Guess GaiaOnline Does Not Think Our Homes Are A Very Important Part Of Our Gaia Experience... Because These Issues Have Been Going On For MANY People Without Any Of It Being Resolved And FIXED!!! ♠ Please Resolve This Hugely Frustrating Problem Regarding My House! cry stare ♣♣♣

Cheery Cutesmasher

6,350 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Sake Hyotan Tokkuri
If this comes off as a rant, I apologize... I'm having a very hard time finding a way to expression my frustration over the continuing problems in housing. I really want to be helpful, I do, but I'm really getting steamed about this. And if it weren't for the fact that I'm missing (or rather have things stuck in Limbo) several items that cost me real money, I'd walk away and say screw it.
I'd seriously just say, "welp, since y'all can't seem to be bothered to give a s**t about the way your business isn't shaping up the way it should, I seriously don't see why I should either nor why I should bother forking over real cash to keep this gander going."
But I Did pay real money for several of the items currently locked up tight in the mess that is being labeled as housing. I Finally figured out how to get in there...
(because nobody seems interested in explaining it, here goes... For those who can't seem to even get Into their houses here's what you have to do... Go to the page for the housing stuff, ignore the bot and click the side link for Designing your house. It will take you to the Right page and then you can see what a mess we've been dumped head first into from there. After doing that, redoing your house (as best you can anyway) save it. Once it's been saved the links the bot gives you Should work.)
Only to find a majority of my stuff is missing from the house. It shows up on the organizer (as it should); shows up locked. And Doesn't show up in the house at all. And because it's locked in there, I can't do anything about retrieving it. I Also noticed that my house was the original smaller size and that I'd have to pay another 10k to get it enlarged.
I'm wondering if that's where my stuff is trapped... In the pockets of netherspace that's been eaten by the system. If/when I get the 10k to get the larger sized building again, I'll report back as to whether that was the problem or not. If it is, it give folks hope for getting their stuff back. Admittedly it's an awful thing for the system to do, hold our stuff ransom for something we already Bought and Paid for... I'd go so far as to say it's unethical. But regardless of whether it's a lousy kick in the teeth or not, if it works, it works.
Either way, I don't think I'll be giving Gaia any more money though. Not until they get their act together and treat their customers with the responsibility having a business deserves. neutral

And just so you know... I do have a sense of humor. I thought it was ironically funny that an "Earthquake" ate my house and just like IRL, some S.o.B. went and looted the place during the chaos. Thanks Gaia. You're a Real piece of... Work.

Dangerous Stalker

carbonphyber

Fishing trophies were just made unsoulbound, which means that they can be added to gaia houses again. heart
Unfortunately, they look extremely tiny (out of proportion) compared to other avatar items placed inside homes.

For an example, the eyeball on the shelf is an avatar item (head item), and the trophies on the back shelf are... smaller than it? gonk

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You cannot submit from the same form twice. Please try again.

I keep getting that when I try to even GET a house. I don't have one yet, when I try to select one and hit submit, it takes me to an error page that says that. Anyone know how to fix that?
codemonkey37179

My Yellow Basic Table turned out to be a Green Door, which can't even be placed on a wall, like a regular door should. Can you please check this?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff